Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default will there be ptt on this phone ever?

I was wondering if since the tour might be coming wout with ptt on vzw if the bold for AT&T will ever have ptt? I loved it back in the curve days .... And it would be nice to have despite what others think? .... Will it be coming out? Can you copy the cod file from another os version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

personally, i think vzw and at&t's PTT has run its course. it isnt, nor ever will be anything like iDEN PTT. now that Sprint/Nextel has improved their PTT with 3G operated QChat, they are able to keep their customer base for the most part. i would be very surprised if they bother with it anymore.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hmmmmmmm ............... Well its not a deal breaker .... It was just nice thing to have access to .... I won't disagree with the fact thast if you want true ptt go with Nextel .... Had them a while ago .... It was just nice to have when I had my curve now with my 9700 I kinda miss it .... Dose anyone know if you can modify the curve or 8820's cod's to work with the 9700?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,625 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH A LOAF

Only way to know is to give it a shot.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    236D4F4

Could be wrong but I imagine PTT is a hardware issue as well not just software

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    personally, i think vzw and at&t's PTT has run its course. it isnt, nor ever will be anything like iDEN PTT. now that Sprint/Nextel has improved their PTT with 3G operated QChat, they are able to keep their customer base for the most part. i would be very surprised if they bother with it anymore.
    Sprint dumped QCHAT. If the NexTel diehards would realize they could have 500% more coverage with Verizon PTT they would jump ship. I've use both and will agree VZW is different but it's still good and works everywhere.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32FD150A

HipVoice Global Push to Talk

That is the closest you will come. It works "decent".

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by K2RRT View Post
    Sprint dumped QCHAT. If the NexTel diehards would realize they could have 500% more coverage with Verizon PTT they would jump ship. I've use both and will agree VZW is different but it's still good and works everywhere.
    wow i didnt know they dumped qchat. i switched back over to at&t just when it rolled out (i was using a hybrid CDMA/iDEN moto). i didnt like the idea of qchat, as i was an iDEN fan.

at&t and VZW just couldnt steal the PTT people away from nextel. no matter how much they maketed it, no one wanted it. in fact, ive never met anyone who had PTT on their verizon or at&t phone. none of my friends do, it would be useless to get it. not to mention its an extra $10 a month.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

ok so if i wanted to get it on my bold from the 8820's or curves cod files (my friends and i all had it when we had curves, now we all have 9700's) how would one go about doing that?

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

that wont work because the OS itself isnt programmed to handle that. installing the cods wont do anything since the OS wont know what to do with the files. if anything, it will probably just give you a bunch of errors. if the OS wasnt designed to support it in the first place, it wont work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Ok so now since vzw has ptt out for the tour if I get the cod's could they be installed on my 9700 now? Or would it still not work?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

No, it is a different device, different hardware and a different OS. You NEED something made for the 9700.