Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Will RENAMED bbm contacts be restored as they were ? or original nicknames ?

Hello everyone,
    i hope i can find the answer of my very specific question, and my scenario is that i am having more than 300 contacts and for that i find a difficulty find a specific person so i simply rename them which is by going to the " contact's profile " and change the nickname that will appear to my list.

and now that my 9700 is lagging much and i need to do a restore , the question is if i did a backup to my RENAMED bbm contact list, when i restore the list will it be back AS IT IS with the named i renamed them ? or they will be back as they were originally without being renamed with their original nicknames ?

i will be glad to find an answer from some one who personally tried this and found the same renamed contacts back.
    thanks alot
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

All current BBM contacts will be restored with all the changes you made to their respective BBM display names. They will not revert back to their original screen names.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thank you so much for the fast response and the clear answer, now i can do a backup/restore with a bit more confidence hoping not to lose any changes made

thanks alot