Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default what screen cover do u recommend for the 9700?

ok now that i got a 9700...what screen cover are u guys using? i saw a lot of cheap clear plastic for the 9700 screen on ebay for sale. do u recommend any of those?
    "Dedicated to mods who love to abuse their power:
    We're supposed to have the freedom to express ourselves in any manner we deem fit. Last time I checked, America hasn't fell THAT far into fascism. Then again, I could be wrong... "
    i'm talking to mods on the other blackberry forum, and not this forum. i will never return to the other forum w/ mods full of themselves.
    CrackBerry Abuser

There are plenty of good choices.. some cheap, some expensive. Back when I bought my Treo 650 (5+ years ago) I picked up a ClearTouch Crystal screen protector for it from boxwave.com and I've never bought anything else since then. They're on the pricey side, but they're virtually invisible and extremely durable. That '650 got used hard for 3+ years with a stylus on the screen and it still looks brand new today.

Is it the best? hard to say... is it my preference? absolutely! (YMMV)
    ...if you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind...
    CrackBerry Addict

i just got the case-mate hybrid for 9700 which comes with a screen protector along with the case, i've had it on for about 3days.. i really like it... u can check out my pics in the blackberry accessories forum

case cost $29.95 case includes screen protector and screen wipe
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

What about invisishield? Just got a 9700 and would also like to protect the screen and also the metal sides, but without a bulky case (I hate cases!)

Thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    There are plenty of good choices.. some cheap, some expensive. Back when I bought my Treo 650 (5+ years ago) I picked up a ClearTouch Crystal screen protector for it from boxwave.com and I've never bought anything else since then. They're on the pricey side, but they're virtually invisible and extremely durable. That '650 got used hard for 3+ years with a stylus on the screen and it still looks brand new today.

Is it the best? hard to say... is it my preference? absolutely! (YMMV)
    How much are they about? and do they make one for the 9700 specific?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had a PhantomSkinz for my 9000 and just got a set for my 9700. If you order from their web page you get 2 for like $8. Its 3 pieces, one for the top, one for the screen, and one for the bottom. They are removable and replaceable and very durable.

They come all pre-cut to perfectly fit.

I always just throw my phone in my front pocket with keys and or change. I've never had a single scratch on the screen.

And no, I don't work for them ;-)

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfjon918 View Post
    i just got the case-mate hybrid for 9700 which comes with a screen protector along with the case, i've had it on for about 3days.. i really like it... u can check out my pics in the blackberry accessories forum

Agree, good choice very happy w/mine
    AT&T BB Z10
    BerryWeather Pro
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I really like the Clarivue screen protectors. The Invisishields are durable, but too much "orange peel" for my tastes. The Clarivue protector is clear, durable, and apply only with static (?) I think. You don't need to use the water/solution like the invisishields one require. Clarivue also has anti-glare and privacy protectors if you are looking for those.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbull View Post
    I really like the Clarivue screen protectors. The Invisishields are durable, but too much "orange peel" for my tastes. The Clarivue protector is clear, durable, and apply only with static (?) I think. You don't need to use the water/solution like the invisishields one require. Clarivue also has anti-glare and privacy protectors if you are looking for those.
    did u get the anti-glare or ultra-clear version and why?
    "Dedicated to mods who love to abuse their power:
    We're supposed to have the freedom to express ourselves in any manner we deem fit. Last time I checked, America hasn't fell THAT far into fascism. Then again, I could be wrong... "
    i'm talking to mods on the other blackberry forum, and not this forum. i will never return to the other forum w/ mods full of themselves.
    CrackBerry User

Just received the full body skin from BSE. Will install it tonite or tomorrow, now using the stock came with the phone

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    PIN
    2159AF3D

I use the invisible shield for my 9700, and I love it. I always have a shell or case with my phone so I got just the screen shield.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

Question

where can you get these Clarivue skins? static sounds nice... the water solution from the invisishield you mention is a turn off...

does it also have pieces to cover the metal sides?

thnx
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
    did u get the anti-glare or ultra-clear version and why?
    I bought the ultra-clear ones. Actually, I bought three of them, the mirror, the privacy, and the ultra-clear. After trying them all, I stuck with the ultra-clear. The mirrored and privacy ones were nice, but in all honesty, the mirrored one seemed like it was meant for people who need to look at themselves a lot (i.e. women applying makup). When the screen is off, it is completely reflective. It's a neat conversation topic, but wasn't the look I was going for. The privacy one was cool also. It gave the screen a very dark look, like tinted glass. The viewing angle was decreased from the normal view, but I would say that the screen was still visible from "over the shoulder" viewers. Cool looking, but it also made your screen darker. So, you would have to turn up the brightness to get real good clarity. I did not get the anti-glare one because from what I remember on my iPhone, I didn't like the "foggy" look very much. In the end, just stayed with the ultra-clear and am very happy with it. Hope that answers your questions.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    where can you get these Clarivue skins? static sounds nice... the water solution from the invisishield you mention is a turn off...

does it also have pieces to cover the metal sides?

thnx
    Sorry, unfortunately the Clarivue I bought was only for the screen. Let me clarify by saying that it is only a screen protector. It is not a full body shield or case. You can get them at Clarivue Screen Protectors - Blackberry, iPhone 3G, HTC protection. If you are looking for full body protection, I would highly recommend the Zagg Invisishields or Best Skins Ever (BSE) products. I have been putting them on all my phones for years and never had any problems with them protecting my phones. I just don't like their product for the screens. As I said, a little to "orange peel" for me. Clarivue for the screen, BSE or Zagg for the rest of the phone. Hope that helps.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    up grrrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by sfjon918 View Post

+1 on the Invisible Shield. Free lifetime replacements makes it worth the cost alone, IMO. You might go thru things like these pretty quick depending on how you use your phone and how meticulous you are.
    CrackBerry User

I put the BestSkinsEver (BSE) last night, took me 3hrs for apply the whole body skin on. It looks durable but I have some problems on the bottom chrome skin and battery side skin. They required extra mod to get fit. But now my phone is all protected.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

I used to use Zagg i thought it was ok, but after awhile residue comes out of the vinyl and orange peel occurs. Also zagg is very pricey for something soo crappy, i Just purchased BSE skins(bestskinsever) and its amazing the only thing you need to do is make your own solution which is too easy and the application and look it flawless.
    I am my own devil,I make this world my H3ll
    CrackBerry Abuser

bestskinsever - i never apply the tiny pieces to all the surfaces of the phone, but it is flawless on the screen itself. I've used it on an 8320, iphone 3g, 9000 and 9700
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

Quote Originally Posted by kelvinlin View Post
    bestskinsever - i never apply the tiny pieces to all the surfaces of the phone, but it is flawless on the screen itself. I've used it on an 8320, iphone 3g, 9000 and 9700
    Well i did apply the lil pieces on my bold it made my whole device look shiny and to top it off for more look and protection i put a custom DecalGirl Skin. the tiny pieces are not a pain but worth putting on because you might put hard cases that can scratch or wear out the bezel.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

Quote Originally Posted by inclemental View Post
    I put the BestSkinsEver (BSE) last night, took me 3hrs for apply the whole body skin on. It looks durable but I have some problems on the bottom chrome skin and battery side skin. They required extra mod to get fit. But now my phone is all protected.

yea the bottom piece made no sense it would fit but with adjustment it workd out.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

Thumbs up

Sorry, unfortunately the Clarivue I bought was only for the screen. Let me clarify by saying that it is only a screen protector. It is not a full body shield or case. You can get them at Clarivue Screen Protectors - Blackberry, iPhone 3G, HTC protection. If you are looking for full body protection, I would highly recommend the Zagg Invisishields or Best Skins Ever (BSE) products. I have been putting them on all my phones for years and never had any problems with them protecting my phones. I just don't like their product for the screens. As I said, a little to "orange peel" for me. Clarivue for the screen, BSE or Zagg for the rest of the phone. Hope that helps.
    thnx! very helpful!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

one question... i not gonna bother with the mirror or privacy versions... but for the regular clarivue... what's the difference between "Ultra-Clear" and "Anti-Glare"?

Blackberry Bold 9700 Screen Protector from Clarivue

is the 'anti-glare' a matte finish?

thnx!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

anti glare helps you see better in sunlight and stuff or light that would regularly bounce off the screen and in ur eyes. ultra clear just plain screen cover.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

how is the anti-glare achieved though?

is it a slightly matte finish? that's typically what "anti-glare" usually means...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    how is the anti-glare achieved though?

is it a slightly matte finish? that's typically what "anti-glare" usually means...
    Usually, yes. Because I didn't order the anti-glare from Clarivue, I can't really say. But when I had the anti-glare for my iPhone, it was a matte finish.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast