Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Uncaught exception index 14>=14

Hello,

I'm new to my BB Bold 9700. I'm using it for about a month. Everything was fine till this morning. After a reboot, I got "uncaught exception index 14>=14". After clicking the OK on dialog, everything seems to be working fine (as far as I see). But I continously get "uncaught exception index 14>=14" after rebooting. I've uninstalled the applications I've installed recently. But nothing changed.

Anyone have an idea? What can be the problem? Or as I said my phone seems to be working fine but is it really?

Thanks,
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Have a look at this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/jv...ptions-540071/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    PIN
    290201D6

I've had it happen before. I thought it might have been theme related. Add a new theme lately ?

CrackBerry Genius

Back up your device and reload the os..
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!

Just doing a wipe to the newest OS version for the 9700 and your carrier would be wise at this point, I looked over some other posts which feature the "Uncaught exception index xx>=xx" and it seems that there isn't just one cause for this.

If your rather geeky and wish to try something before a wipe, you can connect your device and look through the event log in BBSAK to see if any errors catch your eye, however wiping does seem to be best.
    Donald Kelly | @DonaldKelly_
    Curve 9360 + Bold 9790
    CrackBerry User

After you wipe the old backups restored.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Default Thanks

Five star Janye!

I've had a new theme installed (but it was not active). I've removed it now phone is working w/o any exception. It's weird that an inactive theme can cause this...

Thanks again Janye!

Best,
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    PIN
    G!

Quote Originally Posted by captainPlus View Post
    Five star Janye!

I've had a new theme installed (but it was not active). I've removed it now phone is working w/o any exception. It's weird that an inactive theme can cause this...

Thanks again Janye!

Best,
    Interesting! It seems we may have found a solution or at least something for people to try if they're plagued with the "Uncaught exception Index" error. I don't have a clue as to why an inactive theme would cause this but it's rather interesting none the less.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    PIN
    290201D6

I don't know but it did it enough to annoy me to the point I stayed with stock theme when I had the 9700. Must be something to do with a module.