CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default trackpad not working?

hey my BB bold 9700 trackpad suddenly stopped working. i can still use the lock button, keyboard, camera etc but my trackpad won't scroll or click.

ive tried doing the battery pull and the trackpad suddenly worked...but only a few minutes then it stopped working.

is this a OS fault or a faulty trackpad?
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,200 Global Posts

It can actually be a motherboard issue
    i have had 2 friends with this issue, swapping out trackpads didnt fix anything.

Hopefully it is just a trackpad, those can be replaced for around $15
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Yea what he said I have 2 9700's 1 good 'virgin' as in un opened. The other is a with the trackpad issue it is a motherboard problem. I got an extra thick sticky pad and put it on the back of the trackpad connector on the back side of the motherboard this fixed the problem but! Its not 100% it will work 99% of the time. Easy fix 0 cost .
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

oh damn! let me try reinstalling the software.

what is the best OS for 9700? i'm currently on 6.0 build 1879...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

I would also look at how old is this device and who it was stored...here`s why
    i had a teenager who would always put his phone in his pocket it gets warm in the pocket and we tent to get just a bit moist also think here now pockets can get full of dust balls dust can get get anywhere and with a little added moisture...hummmm.
    I took a 8520 apart it had the same issue track pad would work then not guess what i found an actual dust ball all around the track pad once cleaned fixed the problem.
    Like with other answers not a 100% curable but worth a try.
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

i have sticky key board letters work then dont...
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ling_hc View Post
    Yea what he said I have 2 9700's 1 good 'virgin' as in un opened. The other is a with the trackpad issue it is a motherboard problem. I got an extra thick sticky pad and put it on the back of the trackpad connector on the back side of the motherboard this fixed the problem but! Its not 100% it will work 99% of the time. Easy fix 0 cost .
    Thank you! I did the extra thick pad and it worked. Really a big PCB issue here if that "fixes" it. I bought a new trackpad and it didn't do anything. I re-installed the OS, nothing. I was about to trash it to be honest.
    CrackBerry Newbie

me too..... I have sometime it is error but when I restart it came back again. Can someone help me
    CrackBerry Newbie

how exactly do i go about doing this? i have the same problem. the trackpad as completely stopped working on my 9700.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey sorry for the late reply and i dont wanna sound like a noob but what are the sticky pad becuz i wanna try it becuz i was told its a mother board issue im have with this same problem
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

You'll need to replace the trackpad
    CrackBerry Newbie

Red face 'paper trick' trackpad 9700 bold not responding but it does click

I don't know why but I decided to get a piece of paper and 'clean' around the Trackpad. I got a tiny bit of dust out of the little gaps.

I then turned it off removed the battery and replaced, powered up and it worked. For the first time in nearly two weeks. DELIGHTED!

I don't know if it was a coincidence but hopefully this helps someone else get lucky.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I had the same problem twice.

Okay, so me, my sister and my dad are all BB users and we encountered the same problem (but not at the same time). My dad and my sister went to a phone repairing place and had their phone's trackpad replaced with a new one and it worked! Until now it's still working.

I had the same problem too and had my trackpad replaced and it worked for the first time! but a couple of months after, that's when it started to not work again. I went back to the shop where I had it replaced before and asked them to replace the trackpad again with a new one. But this time, it doesnt work anymore.

Today, my trackpad is STILL not working. I'm just using shortcuts to text, call or even use twitter. But I cant use the other apps. Thank God, BB has SHORTCUTS! Anyway, I'm totally okay with my phone even if the trackpad is broken. I'm used to it. But I still want it to get fixed, OFCOURSE!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Flynnnnnn View Post
    I don't know why but I decided to get a piece of paper and 'clean' around the Trackpad. I got a tiny bit of dust out of the little gaps.

I then turned it off removed the battery and replaced, powered up and it worked. For the first time in nearly two weeks. DELIGHTED!

I don't know if it was a coincidence but hopefully this helps someone else get lucky.
    You just got lucky.