Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Track lost blackberry

Hi

I just got a blackberry bold for few months but lost it when I was out about. It is locked to Optus Australia. I know iPhone would have an app to track where iPhone if it is misplace or lost. Would Blackberry bold has the same app that I can track my lost berry or this has to done by the network provider or it has not such thing at all??????

Thank you;
    Last edited by room1102; 10-15-2010 at 01:16 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Try a search first for an app, second, since no tracking apps were installed, you'll have to call the carrier and report it as lost. that way, nobody can use it to potentially rack up a huge data or long distance charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Harmonics ♬

There's a lot of apps made for this. Lookout Mobile Security, SmartGuard, BuddyGuard, ect.. You would have had to download the app to your phone before losing it, though.
    Spiral_ouT Keep Going
    Lateralus

Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

First call the carrier and report it lost and removed from your account.

Second, move on and get you another phone as the carrier will do nothing to help. Just imagine how many phones are lost or stolen every day!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Try a search first for an app, second, since no tracking apps were installed, you'll have to call the carrier and report it as lost. that way, nobody can use it to potentially rack up a huge data or long distance charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi. Thank you for the reply. I already reported it to my network provider. I had never installed any tracking software with it. I was wondering. If I could track it with the built-in GPS in my BB9700 or if anyone picked it up and tried to use it. Can I ask my network provider to track it?

Thank you again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Harmonics ♬

Quote Originally Posted by room1102 View Post
    Hi. Thank you for the reply. I already reported it to my network provider. I had never installed any tracking software with it. I was wondering. If I could track it with the built-in GPS in my BB9700 or if anyone picked it up and tried to use it. Can I ask my network provider to track it?

Thank you again.
    Not unless you would have downloaded a security app prior to losing the device. You've already done all you can do.

You can prevent this from happening to your next device by installing a security app right away.
    Spiral_ouT Keep Going
    Lateralus

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral_ouT View Post
    Not unless you would have downloaded a security app prior to losing the device. You've already done all you can do.

You can prevent this from happening to your next device by installing a security app right away.
    So, there is not security feature built-in with BB9700 that I can trackit in other word to say it, right?

Thx again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH Harmonics ♬

Quote Originally Posted by room1102 View Post
    So, there is not security feature built-in with BB9700 that I can trackit in other word to say it, right?

Thx again.
    Correct. Currently, the 9700 doesn't have a built in tracking application.

Once Blackberry Protect has been released, this should be a standard feature.
    Spiral_ouT Keep Going
    Lateralus