Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs down Texts have disappeared and gone green!

Hi Guys

I have the Bold 9700 and I recently updated to OS6. I noticed today that loads of text messages have disappeared (have been deleted?). All messages prior to May of this year have gone and for each contact there is a green unsent icon and when you click on these messages they are empty!

I have checked the option for how long messages should be stored on my phone and I have the 'forvevrer' option.

How can messages just disappear and can I get them back, I have backed up but then if I copy over tect messages from my last back up won;t they delete my more recent messages?

Nightmare and why was I not prompted?

Thanks for yout help in advance.

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

If your Blackberry gets low on memory it will begin to delete messages to free up space. Not much to help this except backups and manage of space.
    Thanked by:
    berry chaz (09-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks andyahs! I just restored and saved the older messages, what part of the memory do I need to keep an eye on? Is it the the Aps memory? My memory card has plenty of capacity, what a nightmare it didn't do it on OS5
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Check your Internal Storage Memory. The SD Storage has no issue with the internal storage of the device;

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Memory card cannot store or install apps on it. "Application storage" is what you need to pay attention to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    berry chaz (10-19-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey hie guys....well even i am facing d same problem of the ealier months txt turning gree which intur gets deleted...y d **** is dis happening... jst sick n tired.. cn any1 help i hv d OS6 bundle d latest..how do i get my msgs bck?? id der any way, where i can snyc my msgs other than frm the OUTlook...plzz help

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacky Rebello View Post
    hey hie guys....well even i am facing d same problem of the ealier months txt turning gree which intur gets deleted...y d **** is dis happening... jst sick n tired.. cn any1 help i hv d OS6 bundle d latest..how do i get my msgs bck?? id der any way, where i can snyc my msgs other than frm the OUTlook...plzz help
    There isn't much you can do. The database for the SMS text messages is corrupt and such as so, all you can do is delete them.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)