Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default T-Mobile USA - Was just able to order 9700 (non business)

Rep said customers have been calling for months, this was the first order she was able to place. Upgrade and added UMA Talk Forever (be sure add Talk Forever before they get rid of it - MyFaves just disappeared)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask =)

Did you have to say anything special or just asked for it? How much did you pay?

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I was in shock when she did it. She said it wasn't in her system, but then checked with her supervisor and said she saw it for business orders and could place one (I don't have a business account).

Total was $217 I believe. I signed up for T-Mo last month but didn't get a device with my contract, so they were able to give me upgrade price. (It might have been $217 or $270)

I luckily switched to T-Mo before the new plans so I have a grandfathered My Faves 300 plan, + the UMA Talk Forever.

Good luck everyone...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask =)

Wow maybe ill give it a try and see what happens
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215fe549

i just ordered its in the system
    CrackBerry User

These Reps. are soooo full of crap. I just called and was immediately shot down. CSR said the OP is lieing at best. Regardless, I'm sure eclipxe was able to score. Job well done, eclipxe.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am on the phone with TMO Business Support and I can hear another rep telling a customer that the 9700 won't be available until Christmas! LOL

Let's see what my rep says.

EDIT 1 - he says that they are available for business customers but not for individual. I said I have a business discount and he said not good enough, but he is checking....

EDIT 2 - no go....on to CSR #2...

EDIT 3 - called regular customer service. Saw my business discount and said I had a corporate account and placed the order (well, her supervisor did as she had problems doing it...gee,I wonder why! LOL). Should be here later this week. Lotsa luck to everyone. Will post when it arrives. Total was $217.99 plus $19.99 for express shipping. Phone was eligible for full upgrade.
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 11-09-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
    I am on the phone with TMO and I can hear another rep telling a customer that the 9700 won't be available until Christmas! LOL

Let's see what my rep says.
    Yep, the chick I spoke to had no clue what she was talking about. She told me it was set to be released on Dec. 4.
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by eclipxe View Post
    Rep said customers have been calling for months, this was the first order she was able to place. Upgrade and added UMA Talk Forever (be sure add Talk Forever before they get rid of it - MyFaves just disappeared)
    When is your new phone supposed to arrive?? Pictures!!

Also, do you get an email confirmation of your order, so you can post a screen shot??
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,607 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69

TMOnews says 11/16 for non-business accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask =)

I got shut down! Lol but he tried he said he's been checking everyday to buy it his self maybe I should give it another go with another rep? hhmm
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215F8246

I tried doing the same thing, and came up empty
    When looking to the future, we must also take a look into the past...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215fe549

my total was 252 with tax it was so easy i can ssure the op is not lieing it may help if you have the freelancers discount because thats make your account a business account but it is in there system i just placed an order an got free express shipping
    Last edited by wlewis617; 11-09-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by wlewis617 View Post
    my total was 252 with tax it was so easy
    Do you have any contact info or what you said to get passed them?

I'm on rep number 5 now and 3 of the past reps have told me that they can order it and it shows up but once they try to continue with the upgrade their computer acts up and they cant get passed that screen due to the blocks put in for business only accounts.

Any help is appreciated
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215fe549

i have the freelancers discount so my account comes up as a business account
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was completely shut down they told me nov .16 it will hit the shelves f***!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    PIN
    2157ae33

i was told the freelancers discount did not qualify as a business line. im just going to wait until tomorrow to talk to the tmo rep negotiating a contract with my current company.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    215fe549

you just have to get the rite rep keep trying i made up a lie i told them that buss rep told me to call into care because he could only do new activations an that the phone should be in there system by 3pm and she was like let me look an she he was rite it is there an she ordered it for me
    CrackBerry User

The rep said that it is in her system but the order form wont let her process it... no business account.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Try calling back and ask for a supervisor to help the rep - see my post #7 above.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
    Try calling back and ask for a supervisor to help the rep - see my post #7 above.
    Im calling back right now, regular customer service > retentions > CS rep > Supervisor... Fingers Crossed

EDIT: WOOOOOOOO Listening to the recording to accept the terms for the agreement of the upgrade!! I think im getting this baby!

EDIT 2: No luck... He tried and his super tried and neither could get past the blocks i guess. =( All hope it lost after calling 8 different reps
    Last edited by kutzenshlagen; 11-09-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kutzenshlagen View Post
    Im calling back right now, regular customer service > retentions > CS rep > Supervisor... Fingers Crossed
    Not so sure you should go to retention - those reps are "smarter than the average bear" so they may know that you are not eligible. Keep trying the standard first-tier reps to find a helpful one. YMMV.
    Unlocking Partner

Global Posts
    4,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    288A56CA-Feel free to add us!

I was able to order one as well, at the beginning she said NO and then said YES. Phone is on the way!!!
    CellUnlock.net Team|www.cellunlock.net
    Your #1 Source to Unlock your Phone Remotely by Code!
    Unlock iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC and More Remotely 100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price Guaranteed!
    Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount on Most of our Unlocking Services!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    That's SO 2009
    http://forum.tipb.com/index.php?referrerid=168934

"Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics." ~Author Unknown
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Just to clarify - I do have a corporate discount, but not a business account. A supervisor did have to approve it, but that was probably due to my discount (not getting a phone when originally signing up and wanted to get the 9700 at the discounted price).

I opted for express shipping - was told I can track it using my cell number as a reference on UPS (Track-by-reference number). Nothing showing up in the UPS system yet, so I'll fully believe it once I see it on UPS (or get it on my doorstep!)
Page 1 of 40 123411 ... LastLast