Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default T-Mobile 9700 MMS Issue...

I have tried hosting route table, service books, and hard restarted twice. What else am I not doing to magically fix this problem. I can't send MMS. I can receive them but I can not retrieve the file I have been sent.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,952 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish1 View Post
    I have tried hosting route table, service books, and hard restarted twice. What else am I not doing to magically fix this problem. I can't send MMS. I can receive them but I can not retrieve the file I have been sent.
    What???? Ok, how about some more information... has it ever worked on your device??? Have you ever tried sending a MMS message to yourself??? Have you tried to call your Provider and ask them if they enabled MMS messages on your account???
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2373F27F

Are they leaving the device but delayed in arriving to the recipient? After a minute or so, are you left with a check mark or a red "X" next to the message in the message list?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I have been on the phone with t-mo and blackberry(RIM) for a combined 2 hours lol nothing was solved. They told me they did some kind of zap or something of my phone and it should take 24 hours to take affect hehe. I've tried sending MMS to myself and friends both end in a big red X! I have unlimited everything on my account and it is all enabled. Everything works properly for me except MMS. Internet is fine, Phone calling is fine, email is fine, opening attachments via emails is fine and works perfectly. But MMS is freaking dead for me. Yes I have received MMS on my phone before. I received one back in like December. Don't send many but when I want to send them I need to have the ability to send them since I am paying for it after all.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2373F27F

Have them check your phone's status in the MMSC if you call back. That one is commonly missed, as improper provisioning there does NOT happen often, but it does happen every now and again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I've had this problem once. The way I fixed it was to reinstall my OS. Then my mms worked again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Just upgraded to OS .714 and my MMS still does not work LOL. UGH. I guess I will just give up and pay for that feature and not be able to use it. Dang I took a major L today :-(...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2373F27F

Just upgraded to OS .714 and my MMS still does not work LOL. UGH. I guess I will just give up and pay for that feature and not be able to use it. Dang I took a major L today :-(...
    Don't do that. It CAN be fixed. Did you have them check the MMSC provisioning?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

yay MMS still NOT working LOL. RIM really screw the pooch with this one. well either them or T-Mobile did but my MMS worked fine on my old pearl 8100 via T-Mobile so idk. I blame RIM
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

bump this up to the top please...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I have T-mo and the MMS is hit and miss in areas or when the tower nearest is being worked on. Also a T-mo CSR has told me that I was not the only one complaining and that it seemed to be regionally located in my area when it happened. Have a friend try to send you one that is on T-mo and next to you or very close by. They should receive the same issue. It will correct itself when the towers become available....dont know why but it has been the case with my issue every time.
    Beyond the limits of passion and dedication is where true genius is found, it is there where in nothing everything can be achieved and conquered.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks dude glad to know it wasn't something I was doing because I have all the right settings checked and selected resent service books daily and register my host routing table ever so often lol. At least everything else works correctly but I think I should receive some kind of reimbursement because I've been paying for this feature all year and it has not been working for me. Maybe I should take this up with them and see if I can get an extra $30 off my next bill or something LoL
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

If it has never worked I would go to my local T-mo location and have them look at it, or request a new phone through the T-mo 1-800 #. 95% my mms works....so if your's has never functioned properly I would want a phone that it did work properly. I'm sure you could find a glitch inthe programming and correct it, if you had the time and patience but you paid to have a phone that did this. So you deserve a phone that will do it.
    Beyond the limits of passion and dedication is where true genius is found, it is there where in nothing everything can be achieved and conquered.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

under MMS Transport my Gateway IP is 0.0.0.0.0;o/epc.tmobile.com/GPAK. I was wondering hiw I change the IP because that seems like it is the problem. anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I found this under my service books by the way...

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

under MMS Transport my Gateway IP is 0.0.0.0.0;o/epc.tmobile.com/GPAK. I was wondering hiw I change the IP because that seems like it is the problem. anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I found this under my service books by the way...
    0.0.0.0 always means bad news, because that IP address is... Invalid. T-Mobile made a mistake.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

ugh i'm talking to them now just got transferred over to RIM and going through the same circles that I did last night by myself and that I did this morning with T-Mobile lol. Why does this have to be so tedious. They should just send me a new phone and I put the old phone in the new phone's box and send it back to them at their expense of course because I'm still well under warranty. Cellphone customer service SUCKS! Re send service book delete service book HRT re send service book delete service book re send service book HRT!!!! LOL I'm a pro with the options of my phone now thanks to them....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

96 minutes going and NOTHING solved LOL eventhough I told em specifically that its an invalid IP in the MMS service book.... *yawn* lets see how long this takes.... too bad i have to go to work in 4 hours. maybe could keep em on the line until they close tonight if I didin't....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

3 hours and 30 minutes and nothing was resolved lol. They took out an engineer's ticket and they will figure out what is going on and where its failing. I get no free phone lol. Its obviously a network problem. MAGENTA IS EVIL!!!If Verizon ever lowers their unlimited all plan to that of the Magenta devil I'm jumping ship so fast it will flip over!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

I installed the latest and greatest verison of .862 operating system and that didn't solve my problem either. I still get the infamous 0.0.0.0.0 IP address in my service book for my MMS transport service book....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,336 Global Posts

I installed the latest and greatest verison of .862 operating system and that didn't solve my problem either. I still get the infamous 0.0.0.0.0 IP address in my service book for my MMS transport service book....
    It's sounding more and more like it's the phone itself.
    (AT&T)Nokia 5110(2001)-->(Cingular)Nokia 6102i (2007)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Pearl 8120 (2008)-->(T-Mobile) Blackberry Bold 9700(2010)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2010)--> (Sprint) HTC Evo 4G White (2011)-->(T-Mobile) T-Mobile G2 (2011)--> (AT&T) HTC Inspire 4G (2011)(AT&T)HTC Vivid (2012)-->(Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S III White
    ~K Bear~

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Or the carrier, as it could be an issue on their side as to not providing an IP the phone can use.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

I talked to them again for about an hour today. The engineers did some network updates or something so that now I can receive MMS just fine but I still can not send them out lol. They had to re-open my ticket so I guess that will get taken care of in the next couple of days. Next phone I get i'm def testing out all of the features in the first 7 days before that return policy expires LOL. 6 hours plus and counting to get this resolved is absurd. :-/
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

I talked to them again for about an hour today. The engineers did some network updates or something so that now I can receive MMS just fine but I still can not send them out lol. They had to re-open my ticket so I guess that will get taken care of in the next couple of days. Next phone I get i'm def testing out all of the features in the first 7 days before that return policy expires LOL. 6 hours plus and counting to get this resolved is absurd. :-/
    LOL! Do it before you leave the store!!! Unfortunately this kind of stuff does happen randomly and not very often, but once is all it takes for the poor, unfortunate "one".
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Finally the problem has been FIXED lmao.... I can now SEND and RECEIVE MMS with no problems. Now I don't know what to do haha... Job well done T-Mobile. For now you have staved off me leaving for Verizon. But I will keep my eyes on you magenta!
  25. Matrix Leader

Just tried sending an MMS from my 9700 (running 5.0.0.714) to my girlfriend's 8520 and it works flawlessly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast