Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default MochaBerry

This is now the third time I have redone my 9700. The first attempt was a red frame purchased from Truesupplier (as seen in my "How To: Replacing Frame") thread. It quickly fell apart (paint chipped off), as well as the fit on the top cover was horrible.

I then ordered a second kit from Truesupplier which was the Green Electroplate kit and re-did my Bold again. The top cover came pre-mounted but was a horrible fit and had huge gaps all around. The keyboard was also cheap and soft and bled light through every key. It also started falling apart quickly, with the green electroplate falling off for no reason.

Take 3....

I just received a coffee brown kit from SW-Box, my first attempt at ordering from them. Their communication and shipping speed was excellent, more than I can say about Truesupplier.

The kit itself is well.........perfect. The top cover came pre-mounted and as you can see from the pics, it's a perfect OEM fit. The entire frame fits perfectly all around and the brown keyboard is the same quality as the black OEM keyboard that originally came with it. No light leaks anywhere and is firmer to type on than the POS Truesupplier keyboard was.

Over all, this kit is far superior quality than anything I have ever received from Truesupplier.

Last edited by GibMcFragger; 04-18-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    PIN
    huh?

That Looks AMAZING!! Great Job!!
    CrackBerry Genius

That's a HOT cup of mochaberry. Great job dude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hehehehe Thanks!

CrackBerry Abuser

Nice. Ur right, the fit is much better from what I can see in your pics. I hate the gaps from the top cover and the screen but from yours, it looks just like the OEM one. I too order from True supplier before and the the gap was just horrible when I replaced it. I ended up going to CNN.CN to get another black one with the top cover premounted also and it's much better than truesupplier one but still not as good as yours. It still has a slight gap but its ok. Good job on yours tho.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

I like how you put the mocha beans in the first pic haha.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

it looks great! how long did it take for them to ship? i ordered a magenta set last week because my pink set from truesupplier started chipping and the top piece had a crappy fit.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by tam0o View Post
    it looks great! how long did it take for them to ship? i ordered a magenta set last week because my pink set from truesupplier started chipping and the top piece had a crappy fit.
    Received it in one week using EMS.
    Jumped ship from Torch 9800 to iPhone 4......and I love it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I like how you put the mocha beans in the first pic haha.

Hahaha Yea. I did that for effect. hahaha Gotta add a little art to the pic! hehehe
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2178c333

Looks really nice man!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Looks great, but even better in person!
    CrackBerry Abuser

That looks awesome!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    OS 6 !

I received my white housing from truesupplier today and the T6 tool wouldn't even fit. It was too big.... wish you posted this the other day! However, the shipping from truesupplier was fast.
    T-Mobile phone history: 2004 Sidekick 2 > 2006 Sidekick 3 > 2007 Sidekick LX > 12/2008 G1 > 03/2009 BlackBerry Curve 8900 > 05/2009 Sidekick LX '09 > 10/2009 Motorola Cliq > 11/2009 BlackBerry Bold 9700 | "We stick together"

I'm a BlackBerry Bold, shorty is a Sidekick.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by JuslisenLX View Post
    I received my white housing from truesupplier today and the T6 tool wouldn't even fit. It was too big.... wish you posted this the other day! However, the shipping from truesupplier was fast.
    the bold uses T5 screws lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Haha that sucks. Truesupplier FTL.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    21C2E6E9

This is really nice. Looks like my decision is made.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

The keypad is on par with OEM?

I bought two keypads from SW-BOX, but the quality was so horrible compared with OEM. Both of them are collecting dust as we speak.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Hrm. I am comparing it with the keypad I had from Truesupplier. It was crap, this one is far better. We'll see how it holds up after some use though. I think it's hit or miss with the keyboards. A friend of mine got a white keyboard from SW-Box in the past and it was so stiff that a couple of keys didn't even work. This one seems decent. I guess it also depends how picky a person is.

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
    This is now the third time I have redone my 9700. The first attempt was a red frame purchased from Truesupplier (as seen in my "How To: Replacing Frame") thread. It quickly fell apart (paint chipped off), as well as the fit on the top cover was horrible.

I then ordered a second kit from Truesupplier which was the Green Electroplate kit and re-did my Bold again. The top cover came pre-mounted but was a horrible fit and had huge gaps all around. The keyboard was also cheap and soft and bled light through every key. It also started falling apart quickly, with the green electroplate falling off for no reason.

Take 3....

I just received a coffee brown kit from SW-Box, my first attempt at ordering from them. Their communication and shipping speed was excellent, more than I can say about Truesupplier.

The kit itself is well.........perfect. The top cover came pre-mounted and as you can see from the pics, it's a perfect OEM fit. The entire frame fits perfectly all around and the brown keyboard is the same quality as the black OEM keyboard that originally came with it. No light leaks anywhere and is firmer to type on than the POS Truesupplier keyboard was.

Over all, this kit is far superior quality than anything I have ever received from Truesupplier.

Good Job looks Sick
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

It looks like they didn't put enough coats of paint on the keypad, light is bleeding through.
    CrackBerry User

Very nice!

Glad to see SW-Box improved their keypad quality. The last one I got from them didn't have any travel on the right side of the keypad, thus rendering it unable to register any keypresses.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
    It looks like they didn't put enough coats of paint on the keypad, light is bleeding through.
    Nope. That's just the reflection from my flash. There is no light bleed at all, unlike my last green keypad from Truesupplier.
    CrackBerry User

Its beautiful.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just wondering, is this the color you ordered? The color from the site seems a little off. BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx Matte Housing Faceplate Cover With Keypad / Carbon Fiber Battery Cover - Coffee -*US $21.88*:*sw-box.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

im ordering from them now, well looking into them. so i can just take apart and assemble new body. no super glue or anything?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast