Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default sound profiles resetting to default

does anyone is experiencing this? i don't know what is causing this.

i have a customize Loud and Silent profiles setting all my personalized tones and vibrate modes. but it reset to default on 3rd time today. i just noticed that my tones went back to default..

it is very tedious to go again 1 by 1 in each profiles and select the tones etc...

any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,569 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Are you sure that you are hitting the menu key when you are done and selecting save BEFORE you exit to profiles?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    Are you sure that you are hitting the menu key when you are done and selecting save BEFORE you exit to profiles?
    actually it works for a few days then suddenly, i will notice that my tones is different so i will check the profiles then found out that it set back to default..

i don't know what is causing this.. i have no applications related to sounds and alerts..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ichibahn View Post
    does anyone is experiencing this? i don't know what is causing this.

i have a customize Loud and Silent profiles setting all my personalized tones and vibrate modes. but it reset to default on 3rd time today. i just noticed that my tones went back to default..

it is very tedious to go again 1 by 1 in each profiles and select the tones etc...

any ideas?
    happened to me before. Been good for a while, so I guess it might be the OS coz I've been loading latest OS all the time.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

i'm running .423.. anyone having these issues?

thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    PIN
    I uninstalled BBM.

I do but I'm running .330. I modified the Normal profile so it plays a sound for incoming emails (different sound and volume not silent), yet today I found out it had been reset to the defaut sound and no volume.
    Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.714.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by CeluGeek View Post
    I do but I'm running .330. I modified the Normal profile so it plays a sound for incoming emails (different sound and volume not silent), yet today I found out it had been reset to the defaut sound and no volume.
    i hope we can find a solution to our problem..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Having the same problem here running my Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.593. If/when it happens again i'll create a new profile instead of editing a default one and see if that happens.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts

The only time I have had them reset was when I did a total wipe on my phone. A standard upgrade through DM will save all your settings.
    CrackBerry User

I'm having the same problem. It's driving me crazy having to constantly shut off the LEDs on every item in every one of my profiles so that BerryBuzz works properly.

Any progress at all about what could be causing this problem?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    PIN
    2163AF70

same issue I had before but its all good now
  12. 701
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

It happened to me 2 or 3 times in 6 months. It's normal....for BlackBerry, another bug, another loose end. Just reset and you're all good. It was not THAT often and I'm not saying it's normal but everything is a trade-off these days.
    " They say I'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
    Proud (and newbie no more) owner of a Blackberry Bold, then a Bold 9700 and now an HTC Desire HD!
    Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
    Read my BlackBerry, Android and Symbian - UIQ 3.0 reviews at Bograma's
    Contributing to the public BlackBerry knowledge at with BlackBerry Answers
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey look, when the sounds switch to default it is not good. The default ring on my BB Bold 9670 v5.0.0.1006/Platform 4.2.0.437 is a very low three click tone. I can't hear that ring. I see other users here seeking help to fix this annoying issue, but I do not see any helpful answers. 701 what you may call a trade off is a very poor "bug" that needs to be fixed for others. I am on call 24x7 and if my sounds go to default I miss calls, this is not very career enhancing now is it??
    Was it ever determined if this is a sw related issue that was fixed or not? How is this fixed? Anyone?

Thank you for reading my post, I am just very nfrustrated with RIM/BB tech and quality.
    Last edited by Drx5150; 11-29-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spell/punct. corrections