I'm trying to decide if I should use my upgrade from my 8900 to a 9700. What are the major differences between the two?
    09-23-09 09:16 AM
    major diff: 3G, trackpad, form factor, OS build to name a few.
    *definitely worth the upgrade. I have a 8900 right now, but as soon as the 9700 drops, ill be upgrading... do some more research and see which one you like the best. Its like upgrading from a PS2 to a PS3. hope that helps...
    09-23-09 09:30 AM
    im thinking if i should switch too, i saw the 9700 review and its a sick phone only thing i dont like i the trackpad but i havent ever tried one so ill see
    09-25-09 11:09 PM
    Thats a YES! 9700 all the way. Its the Bently of Blackberrys to date.
    09-25-09 11:45 PM
    im thinking if i should switch too, i saw the 9700 review and its a sick phone only thing i dont like i the trackpad but i havent ever tried one so ill see
    How could you not like it if you have never tried one?
    09-26-09 01:23 AM
    You should save ur upgrade and wait for the 9700. 8900 is a great device but 9700 has the whole package.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 01:58 AM
    The 8900 is a great device, but the 9700 is even better. If you really love the Curve 8900, stick with it a while, break it in more, and then upgrade once the bugs have been worked out of the 9700 and the price drops.

----------------
    Now playing: OneRepublic - Apologize
    via FoxyTunes
    09-26-09 06:28 PM
    I say No don't waste your upgrade for only something marginal.

09-26-09 07:12 PM
    3g is hardly marginal.

09-26-09 09:01 PM
    Thats a YES! 9700 all the way. Its the Bently of Blackberrys to date.
    What would be the Ferrari of BBs, or Porches? How about Mercedes?? :P
    09-26-09 09:41 PM
    I was in the AT&T store last night, did speed tests on a Bold -vs.- an 8900, and I don't see how anyone could stand Edge data speeds.

Just doing a Google search for "blackberry speed test" on the 8900 was painful enough.

I guess if you're near Wifi all the time (I normally am), it wouldn't be that big of a deal. And I liked the form-factor better, actually.

Can't wait until the 9700 is released! Best of both worlds. 3G + 8900's size.
    09-26-09 11:12 PM
    3g is hardly marginal.

Assuming he has T-Mobile, if 3G is covered in his area and or other areas he visits frequent since they just really started out 3G on there network.
    Assuming he has AT&T, if he COULD get a good 3G signal since AT&T 3G sucks really really bad and I'm always getting knocked to EDGE and/or my battery getting drained because of the network switching between 3G and EDGE as I move around.

Assuming he has neither, then besides 3G and a trackpad what else really seperates the two?

09-27-09 12:24 AM
    Assuming he has T-Mobile, if 3G is covered in his area and or other areas he visits frequent since they just really started out 3G on there network.
    Assuming he has AT&T, if he COULD get a good 3G signal since AT&T 3G sucks really really bad and I'm always getting knocked to EDGE and/or my battery getting drained because of the network switching between 3G and EDGE as I move around.

Assuming he has neither, then besides 3G and a trackpad what else really seperates the two?

Internal memory (2x?), wifi, better battery life, better processor, 'the newest Blackberry out', it'll come with 5.0.* pre-installed (tested, working, and hopefully trouble-free), and I'm sure there's more.

Why do people trade in their old cars? It's something different. Both get you from point A to point B. What's wrong with the old one? Absolutely nothing. People just like change.
    09-27-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD