CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default should i upgrade to 9700?

I'm trying to decide if I should use my upgrade from my 8900 to a 9700. What are the major differences between the two?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2 1 6 0 1 B 2 8

Talking

major diff: 3G, trackpad, form factor, OS build to name a few.
    *definitely worth the upgrade. I have a 8900 right now, but as soon as the 9700 drops, ill be upgrading... do some more research and see which one you like the best. Its like upgrading from a PS2 to a PS3. hope that helps...
    "I Have fallen into the CRACK"

-Change is the only permanent thing in this world...
    CrackBerry User

im thinking if i should switch too, i saw the 9700 review and its a sick phone only thing i dont like i the trackpad but i havent ever tried one so ill see
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    PIN
    21CBE01B

Thats a YES! 9700 all the way. Its the Bently of Blackberrys to date.
    8700/9530/9700/Motorola Atrix
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Scan the barcode...

Quote Originally Posted by davidjulian View Post
    im thinking if i should switch too, i saw the 9700 review and its a sick phone only thing i dont like i the trackpad but i havent ever tried one so ill see
    How could you not like it if you have never tried one?
    I love my PlayBook!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

You should save ur upgrade and wait for the 9700. 8900 is a great device but 9700 has the whole package.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

The 8900 is a great device, but the 9700 is even better. If you really love the Curve 8900, stick with it a while, break it in more, and then upgrade once the bugs have been worked out of the 9700 and the price drops.

----------------
    Now playing: OneRepublic - Apologize
    via FoxyTunes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A7FE9A

I say No don't waste your upgrade for only something marginal.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

3g is hardly marginal.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kid108 View Post
    Thats a YES! 9700 all the way. Its the Bently of Blackberrys to date.
    What would be the Ferrari of BBs, or Porches? How about Mercedes?? :P
    Stellar season for Captain Serious - An Olympic gold medal, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner. Youngest member of the triple gold club and one of only 6 players to win both an Olympic gold medal and the Stanley Cup in the same year. Congrats to Jonathan Toews and the Chicago Blackhawks.
  11. m0
    CrackBerry User

I was in the AT&T store last night, did speed tests on a Bold -vs.- an 8900, and I don't see how anyone could stand Edge data speeds.

Just doing a Google search for "blackberry speed test" on the 8900 was painful enough.

I guess if you're near Wifi all the time (I normally am), it wouldn't be that big of a deal. And I liked the form-factor better, actually.

Can't wait until the 9700 is released! Best of both worlds. 3G + 8900's size.
    Currently an iPhone 3G user, but (im)patiently waiting for the Blackberry Bold 9700. Can't wait to step into the BB world!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A7FE9A

Quote Originally Posted by codito View Post
    3g is hardly marginal.

Assuming he has T-Mobile, if 3G is covered in his area and or other areas he visits frequent since they just really started out 3G on there network.
    Assuming he has AT&T, if he COULD get a good 3G signal since AT&T 3G sucks really really bad and I'm always getting knocked to EDGE and/or my battery getting drained because of the network switching between 3G and EDGE as I move around.

Assuming he has neither, then besides 3G and a trackpad what else really seperates the two?

13. m0
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ALpHa.Q.RoUgH View Post
    Assuming he has T-Mobile, if 3G is covered in his area and or other areas he visits frequent since they just really started out 3G on there network.
    Assuming he has AT&T, if he COULD get a good 3G signal since AT&T 3G sucks really really bad and I'm always getting knocked to EDGE and/or my battery getting drained because of the network switching between 3G and EDGE as I move around.

Assuming he has neither, then besides 3G and a trackpad what else really seperates the two?

Internal memory (2x?), wifi, better battery life, better processor, 'the newest Blackberry out', it'll come with 5.0.* pre-installed (tested, working, and hopefully trouble-free), and I'm sure there's more.

Why do people trade in their old cars? It's something different. Both get you from point A to point B. What's wrong with the old one? Absolutely nothing. People just like change.
    Currently an iPhone 3G user, but (im)patiently waiting for the Blackberry Bold 9700. Can't wait to step into the BB world!