Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Should I keep the 9700 or Nexus One?

I was once a Blackberry user when I was on Sprint, but left awhile back when I switched to a different phone. I never stopped reading here but didn't have much to talk about since I didn't own a Blackberry.

Well I do now! I have a nice shiny new Blackberry Bold 9700. I also have a Nexus One and I'm having trouble justifying which to use and which to sell. I would love it if you guys could give me some insights as to why I might choose to keep my BB over my nexus? I've been away from the BB scene far too long to know all the current goodies.

What do you think?
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,158 Global Posts

Depends what features are most important to you. The BB is the best communications device hands down.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    751 Global Posts

Sell the Nexus One. You'll get more money for it.
    www.balanceyours.com
    Balance your checkbook, balance your stress, balance whatever the heck comes to your mind! Balance is the key to life!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,453 Global Posts
    PIN
    21FFF30E

After using an Android phone for a while, I'd stick with the 9700.
    "If At first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried" - Terrence C.

1,000th signature achieved 2/28/10..... I am now a BB Master.

Currently own 10 BB's: 8100, 8220, 8320, 8520, 8900, 9300 x2, 9550, 9700, 9800... Yeah, I'm addicted.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I would prefer the nexus for its use of apps and build quality. But when it comes down to business, the blackberry does not fail because the keyboard is precise and the OS is rock solid compared to the younger android OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Battery life

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    UPON REQUEST!

Team blackberry all day!!
    Miami's Billion Dollar Pin Up Chick
    CrackBerry User

Let's see:
    1. Crackberry.com
    2. Most viewers have Berries.
    3. Most likely response: Keep the 9700.
    4. Less appreciated, killer battery life of the 9700.

Of course, the Nexus has the better screen real estate and a hot processor.

I like the 9700.

Enjoy.
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by chasingapple View Post
    I'm having trouble justifying which to use and which to sell.
    What are your findings on the strengths of each individual device?
    CrackBerry Newbie

The answer here will mostly biased towards bb ( you're in bb forum hey ! ) But real depends on what you need most ! I just loved my 9700
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger

+1 for keeping the 9700
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
    CrackBerry Addict

Nexus One, hands down!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryGroupie View Post
    In my opinion, pulling out a BlackBerry while in a meeting says you're a serious professional.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    21E306E8

I'd keep the 9700! Berrys are best of the best

14. GG1
    CrackBerry Genius

I dont think you can or should make that decision based on what other people think. Go with the one that pleases you the most.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me :)

Yeah This is a BB forum. It's like going to an iphone forum and saying "what to get, a storm2 or an iphone?" Honestly, I have a BB because it works best. That's why I DON'T HAVE a nexus one Go to a nexus one forum and they'll say "BB ... bleh! The Android OS on Nexus 1 hardware is the best! it does what I need it to do" lol.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,703 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
    I dont think you can or should make that decision based on what other people think. Go with the one that pleases you the most.

Agreed, and not to mention you're not going to get unbiased answers here for the most part.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Well I was looking for more of a .... this is what has been happening with the blackberry lately, these are the killer apps that you MUST have, and this is whats coming. I'm just not sure this is going to complete my mobile experience. The thought of turning back to the iphone, returning this Blackberry and selling the Nexus is crossing my mind. The app store is hard to ignore.
    Last edited by chasingapple; 03-03-2010 at 10:58 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    21C2E6E9

why not keep both?
    Banned

PIN
    Terminated Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Nexus One, hands down!
    I'm still committed to my 9700 but watching the Nexus closely. I love Google.
    CrackBerry Addict

i would keep the 9700 and sell the nexus one since your on att... besides att will have a nexus one soon, or something similar.. u can't use the 3g on your current nexus one w/ att... too be honest don't basic it on apps, that's all the iphone can do well.. why do u think u see all the iphone ads talk about "there's an app for that" in every ad

iphone 2g -> iphone 3g ->8310 ->8900 ->9000 ->9550 ->9700
    Last edited by sfjon918; 03-03-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Well I was looking for more of a .... this is what has been happening with the blackberry lately, these are the killer apps that you MUST have, and this is whats coming. I'm just not sure this is going to complete my mobile experience. The thought of turning back to the iphone, returning this Blackberry and selling the Nexus is crossing my mind. The app store is hard to ignore.
    I had an Rogers branded Magic when I got my 9700 and didn't pick the Magic up once after I got the Bold 2. Sold it and never looked back. For me, I have not found a single competing OS that does e-mail as well as the BlackBerry and I live on my e-mail for work as well as my personal e-mail (I'm a mod on another forum and those e-mail alerts help a lot with that, as an example).

As for apps, at least in my experience, everything I want from the app store for the iPhone is also available for my Berry. My husband has an iPhone and the stuff he downloads that I couldn't get for my Berry are games. I don't have time to play games on my phone.

That being said, the iPhone App Store blows all the others out of the water, in my experience.

For me, though, I use my phone primarily to make calls and as a messaging device. So, apps aren't a big deal for me.

I found Android's Marketplace disappointing and its e-mail set up lacking compared to the Berry.

Now, I wasn't using a device with the latest version of Android, but to me it was like using WM5 in early 2006. Maybe after Android has had some time to mature as an OS I would be interested in using it.

One other thing I should say is that BlackBerry just seems to work with how my brain is wired.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    N/A

Whichever you prefer.

CrackBerry User

I was once a Blackberry user when I was on Sprint, but left awhile back when I switched to a different phone. I never stopped reading here but didn't have much to talk about since I didn't own a Blackberry.

Well I do now! I have a nice shiny new Blackberry Bold 9700. I also have a Nexus One and I'm having trouble justifying which to use and which to sell. I would love it if you guys could give me some insights as to why I might choose to keep my BB over my nexus? I've been away from the BB scene far too long to know all the current goodies.

What do you think?
    I got ahold of my Nexus One on Friday (currently was on 8900 for a year) and as of Tuesday, I'm on the 9700. The N1 was just not for me. In 6 hours with no GPS, Wifi, bluetooth and less use than my 8900 I lost about 50% battery life! Now that was a little bothersome, but not even close to the deal breaker. The big negative for me was that it is nowhere near Blackberry in terms of communication. Everything is kind of separate. You have AIM in one spot, sms and mms in another, and e-mail in another! Not to mention if you have multiple e-mail accounts they could be in the e-mail or g-mail app, and even each account is separate in those 2 apps. Plus, I need UMA at home.

Pros:
    Nice screen
    Great web browsing
    Great media viewing
    Free voice navigation (works great!)

Cons:
    Communications
    Battery
    No UMA
    Battery
    5mp camera is not much (if any) better than Blackberry's 3mp
    oh yeah and battery

Other notes:
    Reception seems to be about the same.
    The fun apps get old and make it feel like a kids toy in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Depends what features are most important to you. The BB is the best communications device hands down.
    This is why I went back to Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by gunston View Post
    Battery life

Quote Originally Posted by berryite View Post
    What are your findings on the strengths of each individual device?
    See my first reply for my views.

Quote Originally Posted by GG1 View Post

Yes. Still the N1 may be a better fit for you, as much as I tried, I just could not like this device for what I wanted to use it for.
    Last edited by TONY206; 03-03-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Both great phones IMHO, however like many have said, it depends on what you like to do more. If you like apps and cool games go back to the iPhone, if you essentially want something a little different without the apps, go nexus one... If you want something with better texting experience, emailing while being an actual good phone, go BB Bold 9700.

Posted this as I finally hit the red bar for low battery...3 days, lol! Bold=amazing battery life! And I have been BBMing like crazy and have the Pandora radio on a lot and browsing the web on 2 different browsers, lol! I am stunned!
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,359 Global Posts

you're going to get biased opinions especially from those who don't own an Android device. I use both on a daily basis and the Nexus one hands down is the better device because the hardware and software are light years ahead of the 9700's antiquated OS and hardware. The 9700 or any Blackberry is by far the best messaging devices by far but that's where it ends. The Nexus One's Android OS is still in it's infancy but looks very promising and I can only imagine where it's going to be in the near future. That along with it's 1ghz snap dragon processor and OLED screen make it an amazing device. Blackberry is lagging behind and push email is a one trick pony.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast