Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Red Chrome Electroplate Housing

This is actually round two for me.
    I installed the "glossy red" bezel as soon as the 9700 came out and had less than stellar results...major and constant chipping in several areas and let's face it - poor workmanship due to limited knowledge of the phone etc etc..

This time I made sure to have the proper tools and waited for truesupplier to get the "Chrome Electroplated" products that have worked wonders for my 8900 (now my girlfriends, pictured below for reference).

Disassembly is still not the cake walk that I got used to with the 8900, so take caution and be careful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-img_1761.jpg   Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-img_1762.jpg   Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-img_1757.jpg   Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-img_1758.jpg   Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-img_1759.jpg  

Red Chrome Electroplate Housing-17570_265931345389_535805389_4948762_5218874_n.jpg  
    CrackBerry Addict

That looks hot the more of these coloured housings I see, the more I start craving one... not sure if I have the skills to put it on without destroying my 9700 though, lol
    "If you truly own who you are, no one can use that against you"
    CrackBerry User

I like it... but I've always loved a red/black color scheme
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,364 Global Posts

I love it, great job.

I will wait until I drop my 9700 before I replace the Housing. LOL
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

did ur reception decrease after u put on the battery cover? i get less reception in my office but outside its ok.. i have the chrome gold one
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

nice I like the look
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    PIN
    30D5255F

That looks GREAT .
    I have a question though. I've done some looking around at Truesupplier, and was curious as to how long it took to get merchandise from China. How long did it take for you to receive your housing after you ordered it?
    At THE SHACK they call me Dr. Ken Berry Follow Me! or find me on Facebook!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    PIN
    HAHALOL

I keep going back to TrueSupplier and looking, your phone looks hot I might have to order one now
    MY CB STORE THEMES

Blackberry ThemePark
    ----------------------------------------
    Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

Wow. I've never really liked red phones before (since my red Treo 680)...but that looks hot on the 9700.

Now, if I could only find a red-number keypad to go with it...I might do the deed!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nice, I recently blacked out my 9700 and have been thinking about making it pure white, how did you like dealing with truesuppliers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

That 8900 is SWEET!!! Every girl's fantasy.......
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by knowledge_6 View Post
    did ur reception decrease after u put on the battery cover? i get less reception in my office but outside its ok.. i have the chrome gold one
    I actually ran into that problem immediately after installation.
    The workshop where I put everything together had suspiciously low reception, and throwing on the battery cover seemed to bring it to a complete drop.
    Eventually I gave up and tried to convince myself that the cover was faulty; but as soon as I got home, for kicks and giggles I put it back on and had full bars again.
    Definitely curious, but if it ain't broke...

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1Cloud View Post
    That looks GREAT .
    I have a question though. I've done some looking around at Truesupplier, and was curious as to how long it took to get merchandise from China. How long did it take for you to receive your housing after you ordered it?
    It usually takes about two weeks, give or take a day or two.
    Add: I really do prefer truesuppliers.com; if only for the variety of selection.
    They also throw in screw drivers and opening tools for free.
    SW-Box is a probably a contender given its location, but I haven't had the need to try.
    One thing I do find pretty cool about SW-Box is that their knockoff brand name cases/battery covers are surprisingly accurate. For instance, a Louis Vuitton monogram battery cover will not have a partial LV logo thats been cut off by say..the camera or edges.
    Meticulous, I know.
    Last edited by wontonwonder; 01-21-2010 at 02:02 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey

I LOVE the red! I want it on mine but I wouldn't even know how and I'd be scared to do it lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Looks nice. If I wasn't going to stick mine in an Otterbox, I'd get one.

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ask

nice job, i should get a new battery cover as I'm not so fond of pleather
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts

Looks great man. You need to get a new wallpaper though, Flames SUCK!
    Jumped ship from Torch 9800 to iPhone 4......and I love it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,315 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*******

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonder View Post
    I actually ran into that problem immediately after installation.
    The workshop where I put everything together had suspiciously low reception, and throwing on the battery cover seemed to bring it to a complete drop.
    Eventually I gave up and tried to convince myself that the cover was faulty; but as soon as I got home, for kicks and giggles I put it back on and had full bars again.
    Definitely curious, but if it ain't broke...
    yah mine's find outdoors .. but my office has low reception, and with the battery cover i get SOS...

i have totake off my battery cover at work to get calls and sms.. i have wifi so all the data apps, bbm, broswer, email work fine..
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 01-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K TACO

Looks real nice...Now just throw an unbranded bottom cover on there and your all set. My bezel and batt door are on the way, Can't wait until they get here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    G!!!

I love the look of your red berry. I would like to do the same mods myself, but I'm a bit reluctant to take this Bold apart. Anyway, nice job!
    Bought from: eakeller, devo6786, meCka, garz

Sold to: joelwag, bc214i

Traded with: davistld01
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Ugh, I've had horrible experiences with Truesupplier. I ordered a bezel for the 8900 and I had to sand down the middle parts of it where the screws go in order for it to fit correctly. My 9700 top cover, I had to sand down this weird bubble that was on it. And they didnt' send even me the correct torx screwdrivers. I only shop at sw-box.com and cnn.com now.

Looks great except for your wallpaper haha.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    up grrrrrl

That red is smokin!!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by GibMcFragger View Post
    Looks great man. You need to get a new wallpaper though, Flames SUCK!
    Oh no he DID-ENT!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonder View Post
    This is actually round two for me.
    I installed the "glossy red" bezel as soon as the 9700 came out and had less than stellar results...major and constant chipping in several areas and let's face it - poor workmanship due to limited knowledge of the phone etc etc..

This time I made sure to have the proper tools and waited for truesupplier to get the "Chrome Electroplated" products that have worked wonders for my 8900 (now my girlfriends, pictured below for reference).

Disassembly is still not the cake walk that I got used to with the 8900, so take caution and be careful.
    what theme is that? I like the red overlay icon instead of the blue
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    PIN
    Don't have one

I love it!!!
    Iphone 4 come to Mama!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM Me

just ordered a metal inlay battery door from SW-Box, wanted to add some weight to my blackberry and get rid of the leather back, hopefully i dont loose too much reception...also ordered the package deal with the frosted black bezel and top and bottom covers.....total under $20 great deal from SW-BOX, i ordered my previous red stuff from truesupplier and i was not happy with their products and service, the product quality wasnt the greatest as the paint started to chip on me and there was a little bit of light bleed and not to mention they got my order wrong and didnt ship the entire thing, hopefully SW-BX does a better job at this

has anyone ordered the frosted black bezel from SW-BOX?? wondering if the colour matches the matte black parts of the rest of the phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast