Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default rainbow lines on the screen

so i dropped my phone and now it has rainbow lines on the screen at times. not all the time, sometimes when it comes out of key lock, it shows the normal screen. but 8/10 times its the rainbow lines. does this mean i have a bad lcd or does it mean it just the screen ribbon? i searched on the forums and couldnt find the difference between a bad lcd issue and a screen ribbon issue.

thanks!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

take it apart and see if its the ribbon, and if not replace the LCD.

I would say its probably damaged, as the ribbon cable is in a nice secure spot and a drop doesn't have enough emphasis to disengage it
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

so the lcd will slowly get worse? cuz it was working at first, then the rainbow lines happens more frequently and now it is pretty much every time now.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

so after about 4 hours of rainbow screen, it magically went back to normal. i didnt' do anything to it, i just let it sit on the table. i doubt blackberry is that good that i can fix it self. i am sure it will go back to the rainbow screen sometime soon.

so the question is what is wrong with my phone? anybody have any ideas?

thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

This is a hardware issue, where most likely it's the screen that has taken the hit. As you mentioned that the device is currently working perfectly so, let's keep the device as it is. I believe if it ain't broken, no need to fix it. If it goes bad again, open the device dismantle the ribbon and the screen and put it back on again.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

sorry to revive my old thread but after a week of on and off rainbow screen, i am pretty sure my lcd screen is ok and it's the little ribbon that's connected to the mother board that's acting up. anybody know where i can get a replacement ribbon?

thanks!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

i dont think you can just get the cable
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatispaintball View Post
    so i dropped my phone and now it has rainbow lines on the screen at times. not all the time, sometimes when it comes out of key lock, it shows the normal screen. but 8/10 times its the rainbow lines. does this mean i have a bad lcd or does it mean it just the screen ribbon? i searched on the forums and couldnt find the difference between a bad lcd issue and a screen ribbon issue.

thanks!
    Had the same problem called customer service and they sent me out a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

Any idea how to re-attach the ribbon?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post
    Any idea how to re-attach the ribbon?
    it should slide into the slot where it became disengaged. A repair shop should be the best option for you, so you don't end up crimping it. OR... If you ripped it, you'll need a new LCD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com