CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question about Water Damge Indicator Stickers

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and just had a quick question about the 9700's water damage indicator stickers.

So, I dropped my phone outside my work and found it ~30mins later, in the rain. The phone was still running when I found it and I quickly turned it off and removed the battery. After it dried I turned it on and kept getting this "JUM 102 Error". I do have extended warranty but it does not cover water damage, I checked the stickers on the battery and the one on the phone, they are completely white.

I am just wondering if there is another water damage sticker within the phone or is there just those 2? Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

those are the only 2 as far as i know... i havent taken apart my device to know... but i will be shortly... but maybe someone who has taken theirs apart can chime in here...

but as far as i know, those are the only 2 on the device
    Check out my Theme blog
    Click Here
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts

There are only those 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

There's 2? One on the battery and the behind the battery above the sim card slot correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Hi Folks,
    I'm a little confused about the water damage stickers. The only two things that I can find that even vaguely resemble a sticker on the battery and phone are shown in the two pictures. They are both as white as it possible for them to be. Am I correct in understanding that white is the "failure" mode? This phone has never been near water, never been wet, never even been in a sweaty pocket and it is working perfectly. If I have some problem in the future, are they gonna deny my replacement request because these stickers are white?
    Or do I have this backwards and white is the "OK" color and they change when wet?
    TIA.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Question about Water Damge Indicator Stickers-img00002-20100604-2239.jpg   Question about Water Damge Indicator Stickers-img00004-20100604-2244.jpg  
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Stogies View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm a little confused about the water damage stickers. The only two things that I can find that even vaguely resemble a sticker on the battery and phone are shown in the two pictures. They are both as white as it possible for them to be. Am I correct in understanding that white is the "failure" mode? This phone has never been near water, never been wet, never even been in a sweaty pocket and it is working perfectly. If I have some problem in the future, are they gonna deny my replacement request because these stickers are white?
    Or do I have this backwards and white is the "OK" color and they change when wet?
    TIA.....
    Yes those are the water damage stickers, they are supposed to be white, when they get wet, they turn red.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2373F27F

Then there the matter of knowing it's water damaged, regardless of the color of the LDIs, and exchanging it anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2373F27F

Also - did you get your extended warranty from your carrier? Typically that is bundled with device insurance. Worth looking into for sure.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Stogies View Post
    Hi Folks,
    TIA.....
    Yes those are the two on the outside BUT rumor is that there is 1 additional water damage sticker inside the phone.

Can anyone confirm this?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

There's a third one, as far as i know it's under the trackpad.

And they turn pink when wet, as far as i know.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

When I took my phone apart, once I removed the bottom black piece below the keyboard, I found a very small circle sticker on top of one of the holes for the screws that keep the keyboard in. On the bottom left just under the "alt" button.

Question about Water Damge Indicator Stickers-img_00000079.jpg
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

that's a tamper sticker. there was one on my 9300 as well, to the right of the battery covering the Torx T6 screw. if it is punctured it voids warranty.
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB