Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockdog97
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems with yahoo email account...

I also posted in the Rogers Carrier Discussion... not sure if its just a rogers issue...

Hey guys,

currently on hold with rogers tech support..... is anybody else having problems with their yahoo email account and sending emails... getting the big red X message status - general failure...

tech guy said its his 3rd call and might step up the alert...

any input would be much appreciated...

its 4:46pm EST where I am...

Thanks,

Titan
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here in central California. Hopefully it will be a quick fix. Keep us posted if you get a reply back from Rogers or Yahoo.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,159 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Why start multiple threads?
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by MobileMadness002 View Post
    Why start multiple threads?
    Because not everybody is with rogers..... I was trying to figure out if it was just a rogers issue locally, provincially, nationwide or if its wordwide. Based on the responses its worldwide. Is that good enough for you!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CrackBerry Newbie

So I had to register just to post here. I work in tech support for a US Carrier. We have been getting calls all evening. I have a support ticket open with RIM who confirmed there is an issue with sending email from yahoo accounts. They stated as of approx 5PM CST that the issue in on Yahoo's side, but they are working on it. They will be giving me a call when they have an update on the issue. I will try to keep ya all updated as much as I can on the outage.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,819 Global Posts

my wife tried to sync her phone- she uses Yahoo Calendar- but she kept getting an error that it couldn't connect. Apparently Yahoo is going through some changes so at the moment, she cant sync her phone (she does this through the DM program to her Torch).

not sure when it will be resolved.
     @Rockdog97 

Global Posts
    5,159 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    my wife tried to sync her phone- she uses Yahoo Calendar- but she kept getting an error that it couldn't connect. Apparently Yahoo is going through some changes so at the moment, she cant sync her phone (she does this through the DM program to her Torch).

Well considering it has been disabled since Nov last year the hopes of Yahoo fixing this is slim. If it has been working since then you can be pretty sure she has just been upgraded to the new yahoo Calender.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Any updates? I am having troubles with this still. May have to hit up the google emails.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post

Yahoo must be working closely with RIM on this calendar sync fix! They keep saying it is about fixed, but no new sync out.

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Until this gets resolved, just backup stuff with DM. You could then use an .ipd reader to get the data off and then do whatever you want with it, such as entering it in manually with outlook, yahoo, gmail, etc.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,819 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zach7 View Post
    Yahoo must be working closely with RIM on this calendar sync fix! They keep saying it is about fixed, but no new sync out.
    Too right, mate! hahaha.. I think they are waiting for Yahoo OS7 to be released...
     @Rockdog97 
    Zach7 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Until this gets resolved, just backup stuff with DM. You could then use an .ipd reader to get the data off and then do whatever you want with it, such as entering it in manually with outlook, yahoo, gmail, etc.

The Blackberry Protect has done fine for a back up of my calendar sync. It was just a nice feature to have and would be even better for them to put out the wireless sync!