Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems Activating Documents To Go Premium Edition via Dataviz

The download worked because I can use PDF2Go but Word and Excel won't allow me to use the full premium features.

For example I tried opening a document in Word, then selecting "Activate Premium Edition", then I select "Activate", then it says "checking for activation information", then it says "Unable to find your activation online...", then I try to enter my registration/activation codes and it says it's not valid.

Please help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I don't think they gave you the correct information. Send them a support request ASAP with your situation.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Mods:
    If appropriate, move this over to 3rd party apps...sorry I thought I posted this there.

I'm having a hard time contacting Dataviz, so I'm going to post my experience good or bad for everyone else. After finding out a way to email them (which they bury into their website - at least not in the place I expected to find it, like "Contact Us") I have sent them an email and hope they respond asap.

Other than this, I tried to reply back to their email they sent me to download Docs2Go and I haven't heard back from them yet and I have no idea if my email will get read.

Here are the dead ends I've hit so maybe someone might point me in the right direction if I missed something...

Dataviz has a tab "Support" on their main webpage that points you to...

1.) Documents To Go Blackberry Support (my problem isn't addressed here)
    2.) Blackberry Community Support Forums (says "Access Denied" ???)

...so I'm really confused at this point. It seems Dataviz is the only one that can help me with what I feel is a simple problem or misunderstanding on my part but I can't contact them.

I JUST NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE! Even if I have to email you. Where do I do this?

Another option is Dataviz' support forums. I went here and tried to use the trouble shooting tips but this didn't work. I registered but Dataviz' forums don't allow you to post or reply so if your problem isn't addressed or fixed in their forums you're out of luck! ???

So then I clicked on "Company" tab. Great! This must be it! So I clicked on the left side on "Contact Us"!

Well, Dataviz is kind enough to provide their mailing address. But they also have a link "How do I contact technical support via e-mail?". - I click it and NOTHING happens!

Next link down seems like it will help me! It says, "My registration number or activation key does not work." - I clicked on it and the 5 trouble shooting steps doesn't solve me problem. So then I click on "Back".

So then I click on "App Shop Support Page." - This is where they have buried their email address. So they have an online form to fill out and I hope they get back to me as promised!

I will update this thread if they do or if they don't.

I'm not trying to bash Dataviz but REALLY!? REALLY Dataviz? This much trouble to get some help?

Thanks RootBrain!
    I'm hoping the email I sent them through their App Shop Support Page does the trick, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 08-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I was thinking of purchasing that too, but now, I won't. The company seems to love ripping people off if I'm correct. I will be deleting their crap off my berry now.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    I was thinking of purchasing that too, but now, I won't. The company seems to love ripping people off if I'm correct. I will be deleting their crap off my berry now.

The price is great but I'd pay more for better support! I've wasted enough time and would just like to move on at this point.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Still waiting to hear back from Dataviz!

So far, so crappy (customer service that is)...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    PIN
    me

I'm sure you will not here from Dataviz until sometime Monday when they open for business. They are not out to rip off anyone. However, their desire to eliminate piracy sometimes goes too far. They have a right to protect their software but when it comes between using the app, getting support and upgrades it makes you wonder if it is worth it.

Go into Wrod 2 go or sheets 2 go and enter your reg info. It does not work from the main program running in apps switcher. Updating from there does not work there either. A major bug in my opinion. May as well kill the main program in apps switcher anytime you boot the phone as it is worthless, save the memory.
    johnling - Living Bold - Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.448 (unlocked), 8520 (unlocked), 8100, 7230 - TMobile
    Unlocking - http://carrierunlock.com/
    Favorite acessory - http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...-keyboard.htm#
    Kool item - http://www.gadgetzipline.com/
    Kool Developer - http://www.shao-soft.com/
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    PIN
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz_BB View Post
    I'm not trying to bash Dataviz but REALLY!? REALLY Dataviz? This much trouble to get some help?
    Hard not to do! If I didn't use Sheets2Go so much I'd look for another solution.
    johnling - Living Bold - Bold 9700 OS 6.0.0.448 (unlocked), 8520 (unlocked), 8100, 7230 - TMobile
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Didn't hear back from Dataviz today. Their site says if you submit an online question you will hear back from them within 1 business day so their deadline would have been today around 11:30 am.

I sent them another online request to refund my money.

I'll report back to see if they respond tomorrow.

Yep, Johnling...I may be looking at sheets2go or back to eOffice but eOffice is really buggy to use.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 08-30-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz_BB View Post
    Didn't hear back from Dataviz today. Their site says if you submit an online question you will hear back from them within 1 business day so their deadline would have been today around 11:30 am.

I sent them another online request to refund my money.

I'll report back to see if they respond tomorrow.

Yep, Johnling...I may be looking at sheets2go or back to eOffice but eOffice is really buggy to use.
    I'm really glad you posted this. I spent several hours yesterday looking for an email. The first one I found bounced back saying no such address. Thank you again. I am trying to get them to send me a link so that I can reload the premium edition i pruchased some months ago. Keep me posted on your progress.

Just an FYI the automated response thanking me for contacting them is customersupport@mobihand. Just got an email reply with phone number for tech support for dataviz.
    Last edited by oldtimeBBaddict; 08-30-2010 at 11:16 PM.
    We have clearance, Clarence.
    Roger, Roger.
    What's our vector, Victor?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Angry

To anyone else having an issue with Dataviz, the number I called informed me that they don't do phone support any more. Thanks Mobihand and Dataviz.
    Roger, Roger.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A

I just bought the premium version for the on sale price, installed it and it works flawlessly. I've got all of my school files and articles for work synced with the desktop software and my phone. It's and amazing program, bummer that you're having so much trouble.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jumpman89 View Post
    I just bought the premium version for the on sale price, installed it and it works flawlessly. I've got all of my school files and articles for work synced with the desktop software and my phone. It's and amazing program, bummer that you're having so much trouble.

I have no issue with the app itself. I have a real issue at having to pay again for something that is already paid for. It's their (lack of) customer service that I take issue with.
    Roger, Roger.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimeBBaddict View Post
    I have no issue with the app itself. I have a real issue at having to pay again for something that is already paid for. It's their (lack of) customer service that I take issue with.
    Exactly, I really like the program and I'm sure I'm of the minority having problems but based on my experience so far, anyone having problems will find it very difficult to get their problem resolved.

It's basic customer service and a company that has a good program like this one should definitely have an easier way to contact them should someone run into problems.

By the way, I was just emailed an hour ago by Mobihand, which could be a coincidence or not but I have replied to this email, called the phone number, pressed option 5 and it says they changed their support policy and it directs you to their dead-end website. So I will try using the email listed below and keep everyone posted. Here is the email Mobihand just sent me...

"Hello,

For help regarding your DataViz software please contact their support department at 203-874-0085, or please click the link below to register and login. Once logged in, please continue to Step 5 which allows you to send an e-mail directly to their technical support. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

DataViz Tech Support Area

You can also try to email them at esd_sales@dataviz.com.

Also, please note that as you did not purchase the software from a MobiHand store, we cannot access your order. This means we cannot get a new key for you, swap the software to another device/platform, or refund your purchase. You must contact DataViz or the store you bought the software from (e.g. Android Market or the Apple App Store).

Best Regards,

Tom

Mobihand, Inc.
    The App Store Company
    www.MobiHand.com"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

***ANOTHER UPDATE***

I just left a message on Richard ("D I C K" - sorry this forum won't let me spell this nickname out if I use single spacing - lol) Fontana's voice mail who is the CEO of Dataviz. I got his info from the BBB and called (203) 874-0085, pressed option 1, then the # key and then I spelled his last name Fontana, then I was given two names "****" or Mary Fontana so I chose to speak to Mr. Fontana.

I was also given an option to "speak to an operator" and when I tried this the voice mail-jail said "the call cannot be transferred" - Suprise, suprise!

I also sent emails last night to the following email addresses (one I got from Mobihand's email, see my post above) and the other I got from the BBB website...

esd_sales@dataviz.com
    questions@dataviz.com

And here is the info off the BBB which I will be filing a complaint with...

Business Contact and Profile for DataViz, Inc.
    Name: DataViz, Inc.
    Phone: (203) 874-0085
    Fax: (203) 874-4345
    Address: Merritt Corporate Woods
    612 Wheelers Farms Rd
    Milford, CT 06461-1673
    Website: PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz
    Original Business Start Date: February 1984
    Principal: Mr. Richard Fontana, Owner/CEO
    Incorporated: February 1984
    Type of Business: Computer Software Publishers & Developers
    BBB Accreditation: DataViz, Inc. is not a BBB Accredited business.

All I want is for someone to figure out why my activation key won't work. That's it. Unbelievable!
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 08-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post

Not sure how you determined from one person's issue that "the company seems to love ripping people off". I have been using Docs to Go premium for more than 2 years - 3 different devices. I have never had any issues. I have had occasion to contact support a couple of times and they have been very helpful.
    Last edited by RBernier; 08-31-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Ron Bernier,
    Woonsocket,RI
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
    Not sure how you determined from one person's issue that "the company seems to love ripping people off". I have been using Docs to Go premium for more than 2 years - 3 different devices. I have never had any issues. I have had occasion to contact support a couple of times and they have been very helpful.

The software isn't the issue. From my experience the issue is their LACK of support. You said you have contacted their support a couple of times. Would you mind sharing exactly how you got help? How did you contact them specifically?

I am documenting my experience to prove my difficulty in doing something that I felt should be very simple. Getting H E L P! My problem, to me, doesn't seem to be very difficult but if I can't get anyone to get back to me...then I will NEVER be able to solve it. Once solved, I'm sure I will also find the premium edition has no issues.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

***ANOTHER UPDATE***

After leaving my voice message with the CEO at noon PST today, I received an email from tech suppport at 12:08pm so I things are now moving in the right direction...days later...but finally moving forward to getting some help!

Here is the email they sent just sent me...

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:08 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Order #: 1196351 - Problems Registering/Activating Docs2Go Premium Edition - NO HELP FROM DATAVIZ!

Hello,

1) Which Blackberry are you using?
    2) Open up the Word To Go app and hit Menu>>About Word To Go.
    3) Is version 1 or 2 installed?

Regards,
    Laura
    DataViz, Inc.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    PIN
    me

A day later than I guessed or would have been happy about. I do hope you are on your way.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

***ANOTHER UPDATE***

Good news! Laura at Dataviz fixed my activation problem! I have another problem though that I told her with my "Documents To Go Files". This problem wasn't resolved but Laura sent me an email saying she needs to escalate my problem to an engineer as this is a problem they are recently experiencing.

So far so good, main thing is I can use the premium edition for Word, etc.

But...

Dataviz - if I wasn't being helped by this tech (Laura)...how in the world could I have resolved my problem? One of the problems is still pending and needed to be escalated to an ENGINEER! The entire reason for having MUCH better support, which they DON'T!

Here was her last email...

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:41 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Order #: 1196351 - Problems Registering/Activating Docs2Go Premium Edition - NO HELP FROM DATAVIZ!

Nicholas,

This issue has come up for 4-5 customers today. I want to write this up to engineering ASAP. Can you just answer the questions below? This way, I will send off the answers to engineering immediately and they can get working on this… it’s obviously some sort of issue with the latest build of Documents To Go files...

Clearly, there is something wrong with the posted builds and I want to have this fixed for you and other customers ASAP.

...Thanks so much … I already sent this to the engineer who works on the Blackberry platform… everyone went home for the day but I would expect an answer in the morning!!

My gut is that a wrong build was posted somewhere…

Thanks for your patience in helping us solve this!

Kind Regards,
    Laura
    DataViz, Inc.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by johnling View Post
    A day later than I guessed or would have been happy about. I do hope you are on your way.
    Thanks JohnLing!

Here is the last email Laura from Dataviz sent me when I asked why Dataviz' customer support is lacking so much, according to her email it's not a Dataviz problem but rather...Blackberry!...

Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:09 PM
    To:

Blackberry/RIM is supposed to be supporting the product per contract agreement.

That being said… it’s not happening!!! Customers are NOT being supported by RIM. So any customers who call, or somehow contact us, I am trying to help as best as I could because putting myself in the customer’s shoes- I would not understand or be happy with this either after money has been spent!

For now, I am giving customer’s my personal contact information so I can help them out but I cannot post tech documents or open “tech cases” for customers per our agreement with RIM so opening “avenues” for customer’s with the Blackberry platform is not possible unless they go through the sales submission form on our “contact us” page.

Have a GREAT day and let’s hope we have an answer from engineering in the morning!!

Best Regards,
    Laura Caiafa
    DataViz, Inc.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    PIN
    me

OK . . . Now they are just plain passing the buck. Refusing to support their own product. Microsoft puts trial version of Office on computers manufactured buy hundreds of builders. Microsoft supports their product if you purchase it. Actually, the same goes for all trial versions of software I have ever seen on any system.

There was a time I would not hesitate to recommend Docs2Go to anyone. That is not going to happen anymore.

Call RIM and complain! They need to STOP promoting Docs2Go.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

***ANOTHER UPDATE***

Dataviz got back to me and fixed the last problem I was having with Docs2Go Files not working. Here is what she wrote and the latest build worked perfectly!

Again, I'm NOT impressed with the trouble I had to get someone from Dataviz to help me. It doesn't sound like they have any plans to improve their HORRIBLE support for people who need to contact them. If you have a problem you can try this email, otherwise, you are sunk.

Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 1:20 PM
    To:

Hi Nick!!

Just an update… there was in fact a bad build of Documents To Go Files posted for the OS 5.0 devices… they have been working on this all day. It was supposed to be re-posted by this afternoon, but has not been up yet.

For now, uninstall Documents To Go Files and check back with me tomorrow. I will tell you once it’s safe to re-download the correct build of Documents To Go Files from your handheld... .

Thank you!

Regards,
    Laura