CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Problem windows 7 64bit, detecting blackberry smartphone for re-installing the OS

Hi

Unfortunately my BB Bold 9700 has crashed & stuck at a unending Blackberry Error with just a reset option after the error.
    So it's kind of a nuked phoned now
    Hence I'm trying to load the entire OS on it but my Windows7 x64 bit machine just isn't properly detecting the device.
    When connecting the device to my desktop it just gives me error "Windows encountered a problem installing the device driver software for your device" & "Device driver software was not successfully installed"
    Also if I have a look in device manager, the two RIM Virtual Serial Port v2(COM13), (COM14) & Blackberry Smartphone device shows me with a yellow exclamation mark, saying
    "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware(Code37)"

I already have tried :-

1) Installing USB & modem drivers from BB site
    2) Updating Drivers via browsing it to the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion" where it again given me an error ""The folder item you specified doesn't contain a compatible driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

PLEASE HELP HELP HELP !!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,886 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

I hate giving this kind of advice, because it feels like level one troubleshooting (which I find insulting, or at least bothersome), but...

Try uninstalling all BlackBerry OSes from your PC, run a utility called CCleaner (that will clear out any problematic registry entries), and reinstall the BlackBerry OS to your PC.

I've had USB driver issues in the past, but it was a long time ago and I thank my lucky stars that I haven't seen it in a while.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Well installing the OS on the device anyways is the later part.
    Primarily my machine should be able to detect the device looking for drivers, which it isn't though I tried it even after re-installing the latest BB Desktop Manager