Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Poor/Basic layout?

I am interested in blackberrys and want to purchase the 9700 bold but I am not totally convinced after playing around with my friends blackberry I was put off by what it seems the dull/basic layout for example the plain black and white contact list which looks like a List from microsoft word and the standard icons, poor backgrounds and so on it seems very basic and dull compared to other phones such as nokia which has good icons, themes and not a dull/basic layout.

So my question is can this layout be changed? Can you change the plain black and white lists and layouts on the blackberry? Please advise me as I do like them but this has really put me off! Thank you..
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

There are many themes avaliable for all different kinds of blackberries to change and customize your blackberry. If you are desperate enough, you can even learn to make your own themes with your own icons.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks - but when changing a theme does it change just icons and wallpaper or even more advanced ie. your contact list will the colours correspond to what theme your using or will it stay plain black and white list?

Many thanks...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request

I think (not 100% sure) the contact list layout is pretty standard aside from font styles & sizes.

As far as wallpapers go, they are totally customizable.

take a look at a few of the themes we're using...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/po...screen-365464/
    iTouch & EVO 4G
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

the color that highlights the contacts can change with the theme, but u can't have the contact list names alternate red/green/blue for example.

in all honesty, i don't think this is enough of a reason to not purchase a 9700. ur comparing a regular phone to a smart phone.

there are certain aspects that each smart phone does better than other smart phones and u might want to do some research to see what fits your needs.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    PIN
    s and needles

Nokia has good icons!? Last time I checked, nokias were plain boring.

Icons change depending on the theme you have running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

If your biggest concern is the contact list coloring then maybe Blackberry isn't for you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,551 Global Posts

You can customize themes and get wallpaper to match. You can even customize the hardwarde through Colorware and Coveroo. I just ran across Coveroos which customize a new OEM battery cover with logos and other graphics. The only differences are the graphics and the Coveroos logo at the bottom of the cover. Colorware, I believe, requires you to send the device whereas Coveroos sends the customized replacement part to substitute for the stock cover.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,551 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze View Post
    If your biggest concern is the contact list coloring then maybe Blackberry isn't for you.
    Totally agree. Berries are productivity tools that have a great deal to offer.
    CrackBerry Master

+2
    10 char

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_Soze View Post
    i was gonna be nice and not say this, but i totally agree. if ur reason for purchasing a phone is something so trivial, i don't think ur considering what a BB's abilities are, let alone any smart phone.

like i said in my earlier post, ultimately u need to do some research on some smart phones and see if they are really for u.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,522 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

im completely the opposite I like the nice default easy going layout less to get cluttered
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10