Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Phone Keeps powering off?

SO I recently got a bold 9700 off my buddy and I put my sim card in it. For some reason when using it the phone will just completely turn off. Or If i lock the phone for some the phone just turns off and I am forced to do a battery pull to get it started up again.

Any Ideas on how to fix this? I am not sure if this is a phone issue or a battery issue. The battery is apparently new according to the buddy i bought the phone off of him
    CrackBerry Abuser

478 Posts

Try to clean the battery contacts and see if the battery is firm in its place.
    If so, wipe your phone and try a new install
    CrackBerry Genius

2,742 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,989 Global Posts
    pin is a small and pointy object...so it's really not for little ones.

This sounds like a battery issue. How long you had this battery? If you have access to a Bold 9700 battery other than this one, try it out. Or go to a store and most stores will test your battery and the phone for free.
    CrackBerry User

38 Posts

I've experienced this a few times on a 9700, I'm just walking around with the phone in my pocket then after like an hour so I take it out of my pocket and try to use it and noticed that it's completely switched off, and the only way to power it up again is to do a battery pull.. it's happened a few times actually. It probably is a battery issue.