Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default password recovery

Hi folks...

I have a Bold 9700 that used to be connected to our company bes with a password set. My colleague configured a brand new torch for the user, so that the Bold 9700 is not connected to our bes anymore.

Here's my situation. The user would like to get some videos off of the Bold 9700. However, I'm at 9/10 tries before wiping. Is there any way for me to get the vidoes off the blackberry. Nobody knows the password. We also checked the memory card and it was not on there.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

If you don't know the password you're pretty much out of luck
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

If you have a backup in desktop manager, enter the wrong password 10 times and it'll wipe the device. Then just restore the backup, but don't set a password that's easy to forget. Lession learned. If it was encrypting the media card, those videos are useless, everything stored on the media card from the device, also useless.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Media card password recovery

Looks like I'm SOL. But want to try one more question.
    My BB wiped clean - now I'm trying to access the media card and I cant remember the password. It has 100's of pictures I'd like to recover......can you reset the password on the media card (Sandisk micro)?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark MacDonald View Post
    Looks like I'm SOL. But want to try one more question.My BB wiped clean - now I'm trying to access the media card and I cant remember the password. It has 100's of pictures I'd like to recover......can you reset the password on the media card (Sandisk micro)?
    Nope, once they're renamed to .rem, the media, any media in that regard, is rendered nill, which basically means, it's useless.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)