CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Orange UK UMA and OS 5.0.0.423

Has anyone upgraded their Bold 9700 to OS 5.0.0.423 and are using UMA all ok?

I upgraded from 5.0.0.321 which worked fine with UMA.. I had to upgrde the OS cuz of some major bugs and found UMA is not working on the new OS.

I went into the engineering screen and added the correct details..

unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk and singlephone.orange.co.uk

plus using the Equifax certificate. all settings are identical cuz I took a screen shot before upgrading the OS.

If someone else on Orange UK can use UMA.. then I will do a full wipe of the phone since the OS upgrade put all my apps back on.

Cheers if anyone can help!
    --
    BB Bold 9700 - OS: 5.0.0.442 - Orange UK w/UMA
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Chris_Noble
    CrackBerry User

No UMA problems here!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks!! Will wipe the phone then!! Will post results
    --
    CrackBerry User

Hi - bit 'off topic' but have you noticed any differences since upgrading on Orange UK .. improvements ? Tempted to go for it but if I don't get or see any difference I don't want to take the risk ...

UMA was 100% reliable on my pearl on Orange UK ... 9700 on stock .351 is not so solid, drops all the time.

KjF
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

@kjf46: Yeah loads of improvements! My phone kept crashing all over the place.. weird ringtone issues (on stock 5.0.0.321) etc.

5.0.0.423 seems very quick.. definitely an improvement! except this annoying UMA issue!!!

I've wiped it now and its still not working on UMA. Retyped in UMA details into the engineering menu too.

@PotMunkey: Can u confirm ur definitely using 5.0.0.423 and Orange UK UMA?
    --
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

UMA still seems dead on .423.. I've found stock Orange UK .351, so downloading that now and will give it a go!

I had .321 before cuz i bought my phone on ebay..so of course never had stock .351 Hopefully .351 fixes bugs I had on .321!

Pity really.. everything else works perfectly on .423! grrrrr!!
    --
    CrackBerry User

This 9700 is a branded Orange with stock OS (.351), I've never been into any engineering menu to set UMA up ... currently working via UMA now (as in today!!) OK, I actually don't think this is an OS issue more of a network/Orange/RIM connectivity issue as the wifi diagnostic tool shows wifi up and running and only the RIM handshake thats failing ....

In terms of .351 I've got no real gripes, tad slow on screen refresh after unlocking (2 or 3 secs is not uncommon) .. we have had two local cells down over New Year and with it constantly 'hunting' a signal and dropping UMA it would reset itself at least 3 or 4 times a day minimum .... but keeping it to one or the other stopped that, everything else seems fine to me - hence the questions around improvements between .351 and .423

KjF
    Last edited by kjf46; 01-17-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Typo's arghhh
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

@Kjf

Thanks very much for the info ) Least I know UMA is working Orange's end! It looks like it maybe a problem with my wifi or router.. will give those a reboot after sending this message.

I'd keep .351 on your phone as it seems as quick and as good as .423 so far. I did remove vendor.xml when installing the OS, so there's no orange stuff on there.

I wish they had a changelog file with the firmware updates, would be soo much more helpful hehe!!

Hope u have a good day!!!
    --
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

To noble.chris and kjf46 - I posted an issue with the phone crashing every time it switched from 3G to WiFi/UMA. I am running Bold 9700 (obviously) on Orange UK using OS 5.0.0.351 - it does it all the time when I'm at home - it did it twice this morning in the space of about 5 minutes. I have switched the WiFi off - I think it may be worth trying to switch one of the connections off - either WiFi or mobile network. So far, with the WiFi off, it hasn't crashed once, although its early days yet...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Seems to be working ok now.. I upgraded to 5.0.0.442. It wasnt the OS upgrade that fixed it, it looked more like an ISP problem.

I left my phone on wifi 24/7 and a week later i woke up with UMA on the screen!!!!

Its really annoying that Uma stopped working the same day I upgraded to .423, so i thought it was that!

Thanks for help ppl! Especially ppl on Orange UK who confirmed UMA was working with .423 and .442.

Have a good weekend,
    Chris
    --
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    PIN
    27F31413

What's uma?
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9780