CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default which one is better?

The t_mobile with the curve battery and new processor or the at&t with the bold battery and processor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  2. GJW
    CrackBerry Addict

This is all rumor, myth and legend. There is no concrete/confirmed information that the tmo and att units have different processors or batteries.
  3. salomondrin

Quote Originally Posted by GJW View Post
    This is all rumor, myth and legend. There is no concrete/confirmed information that the tmo and att units have different processors or batteries.
    I don't know about processors, but batteries are different on each version for sure.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by manimtim View Post
    The t_mobile with the curve battery and new processor or the at&t with the bold battery and processor?

I don't know where this rumor grew out of, but the T-Mobile Bold will be coming with the Bold battery. Processor difference is still in the air because of the UMA. RIM may underclock it a bit but this hasn't been confirmed...
    An Addicts Work in Progress: BBGrounds
    That Twitter Thing: BBSwany
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2 1 6 0 1 B 2 8

Different specs under the same device name/number??? If its a different processor or battery(thats already a spec difference) why put the same device name/number? or is this another case of the xx00 or xx20. I need some clarification...
    "I Have fallen into the CRACK"

-Change is the only permanent thing in this world...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBSwany View Post
    I don't know where this rumor grew out of, but the T-Mobile Bold will be coming with the Bold battery. Processor difference is still in the air because of the UMA. RIM may underclock it a bit but this hasn't been confirmed...
    UMA? Really? The only thing that makes UMA or not UMA on a phone is software based, I believe a service book. It's dependent on whether or not your carrier supports it. The processor doesn't come into play.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by codito View Post
    UMA? Really? The only thing that makes UMA or not UMA on a phone is software based, I believe a service book. It's dependent on whether or not your carrier supports it. The processor doesn't come into play.
    Yes, UMA is software based, HOWEVER it is based on hardware (WiFi). That was merely my point.
    An Addicts Work in Progress: BBGrounds
    That Twitter Thing: BBSwany
    CrackBerry Abuser

Why would that justify underclocking then?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,335 Global Posts

Underclocking makes no sense to me, if anything, you'd think that with a software issue, they would want more processing speed or capability vs. less.