Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The OFFICIAL T-Mobile BlackBerry Bold 9700 Release Day Thread!!

Well, the time has come for all of us patiently waiting on T-Mo. We haven't beaten AT&T to the punch on a new BlackBerry since the the first Pearl. So, I think we can gloat a bit (at least for the next week) . I'm on my way now, but if you already have your device,

Was there a line?
    Anyone else there at opening with you?
    UNBOXING PICS!!
    How's the Bold so far? Love it, Hate it?

Post below and I will be giving you guys as much Bold pr0n as possible.
    An Addicts Work in Progress: BBGrounds
    That Twitter Thing: BBSwany
    CrackBerry User

It's only 7:18AM for me so far I'm still trying to get the upgrade option on tmobile.com with the 35% discount bing.com cashback, but its' not showing up. Argh!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I can't believe there is a release day in the US. In the UK, T-Mobile and Vodafone started supplying handsets last week. Most mail order outlets however, were not supplying them till either very late last week or today. I got mine on Friday from T-Mobile and I must say, this is by far the best BlackBerry ever made!

First thing I did when I got home from work (11pm) was install the latest official os (5.0.0.344), then move all of my data from my old Bold 9000 over to this, and then a full charge overnight.

Battery was taken off charge the next morning (Saturday) at 8am, 3G on, WiFI on, Bluetooth on and brightness set to auto.

With normal use, the phone lasted me until 3pm today with 20% battery remaining and the phone finally stating it required the charger!

The trackpad is a dream to use, the OS is FAST, the keyboard is spot on, with no issues in the smaller size, felt normal and I can still speed type even with my "fat finger syndrome"

All in all, it has been an amazing weekend with the phone, only one fault so far...

I cannot load BTSidekick, but im sure that will change with an updated version!
    CrackBerry User

I'll be visiting my local T-Mobile store later on today after work and i am looking forward to moving up to the 9700. I've been using the 8900 since march with no complaints, just a geek here looking to upgrade to the newest device. Will definitely post pictures tonight as soon as i've got it!
    Proud Member of the Bubba Army!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Currently Marking Out to the Blackberry Bold 9700 on T-Mobile
    CrackBerry User

I just came from my local t mobile store and they told me they weren't selling the phone until Wednesday and I called another store and she said they were selling them today, but I spoke to my boy and he said they would not let him upgrade his because it is not in their system for upgrades.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask

Just bought mine at the retail store an hour ago. They gave me the 20 month payment option. I had to pay $40 down, and then i have 19 payments on my monthly bill of $22.30, including the taxes. Really amazing deal. Walked out of the store with a $449 phone for $40, and now can sell my old bold to cover some cost. I am completely amazed that they offer 20 installment payments, this is truly unbelievable. $22 a month, is like nothing, I LOVE IT!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Called the downtown Miami store on my way into the office a little after 8 AM. The guy agreed to hold one for me. I went and picked it up as soon as I got to the office. While he was finalizing my order, four people called asking for the 9700 and he agreed to hold phones for all of them. He said they didn't get many and they would probably be gone by the end of the day, if not sooner.

As stated above, it wasn't in his system for upgrades so he had to call to have the phone added at upgrade pricing, so it took a few minutes but went through fine. Broke it up into 4 payments.

Haven't activated on the BES yet - will do so at lunchtime.

Here it is charging in its cradle (which I bought last week to be ready!):

Last edited by HofstraJet; 11-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Got mine this morning. The guy at the store even had a problem processing it because it aws not showing up under the upgrade options. They were able to push it through and I haveen been enjoying it for 2hrs now.

trying tog et my contacts and everything over.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh yes! Its only barely 8 for me but I will be at t-mo bright n early I originally got a mt3g for sh!ts and giggles me n my girl both had 8900s so I sold one and she was using the mt3g. And now she has takin my bb and I'm left with my sim card in my pocket lol takin back that mt and grabbin the real baby and my girl is skeptical about the trackpad but I'm sure she will follow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Im guessing it wont be in the system as an upgrade until 1pm eastern??...ill go over to the store to check again around that time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K is power.

So it seems that the phone isn't officially available until 10 am pacific time.

Global Posts
    5,818 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B

I'm waiting for them to open their doors now! No line, but a couple of people are waiting for them to open too, I think, but have ducked into nearby stores (I'm @ a strip mall).

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_BB View Post
    I just came from my local t mobile store and they told me they weren't selling the phone until Wednesday and I called another store and she said they were selling them today, but I spoke to my boy and he said they would not let him upgrade his because it is not in their system for upgrades.
    Yeah you gotta look for a store that knows what theyre talking about...I called the store that I always go to and asked if a Business account holder could get it early, but they told me that it was being released on the 18th. I told her that even TMO said it's being released the 16th and to check with a manager, but she said she was certain. Called another store and had them hold one for me. 12pm CST can't come soon enough
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Got it!! Woohoo!!

CrackBerry User

PIN
    215b70b5

I just got back from t-mo, got there 15mins after the doors opened & they couldn't sell the phone to me yet because it isn't showing up in their system yet, he was like "I can give you a call as soon as I'm able to sell it"... I'm trying another store after school.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts
    PIN
    28E5B3AF

Walked into my local store at 9:45 this morning and by 10:00 I was walking out with two 9700s(one for me and the other for the wife). There was a small issue with the upgrade process but my rep fixed it and I have been playing with it for an hour now. Now I am going to set my new phone up and will check back in a little later.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

hour and a half count down for me. what kind of stupid store doesnt open until 10am. rediculous.
    CrackBerry User

BEST... BLACKBERRY... EVER! T-Mobile 3G here in Metro Detroit FLIES!
    Blackberry Bold 9700 [16GB SD]
    T-Mobile
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    PIN
    2157ae33

got mine at 10am central, trying to get everything up and running now. glad i didnt try to pre-order, what waste of time that would have been
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by MikesGravit View Post
    BEST... BLACKBERRY... EVER! T-Mobile 3G here in Metro Detroit FLIES!
    Thats awesome to hear! Congrats to you and everyone who has already picked up their 9700s. If anyone in the DC/VA area picks it up, please be sure and post how fast the 3G is. I'm just curious as this will be my first 3G phone with T-Mobile.
    Proud Member of the Bubba Army!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Currently Marking Out to the Blackberry Bold 9700 on T-Mobile
    CrackBerry Abuser

anyone buy it from the store using the EM+ plan? how does that work, do you have to put a payment down in the store?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fobi740 View Post
    anyone buy it from the store using the EM+ plan? how does that work, do you have to put a payment down in the store?
    from what ive heard, they give you the option of paying in full, paying in 4 months or over 20months with the EM+. ive heard of $50 down payments or $100 down payments. thats the way im wanting to go, so i'll let you know. unless you get there first.
    CrackBerry User

i have been "racing" my 8320 vs the 9700.. I could turn the 9700 on and off 2 times before my 8320 loads once.. LOL.

its everything I expected it to be. Happy customer here.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    PIN
    Google Talk Now!

Quote Originally Posted by cruznbiyou View Post
    Just bought mine at the retail store an hour ago. They gave me the 20 month payment option. I had to pay $40 down, and then i have 19 payments on my monthly bill of $22.30, including the taxes. Really amazing deal. Walked out of the store with a $449 phone for $40, and now can sell my old bold to cover some cost. I am completely amazed that they offer 20 installment payments, this is truly unbelievable. $22 a month, is like nothing, I LOVE IT!!!!!
    did you have to switch to the new plans, cause I want to pay for it over 20 months without get on the new plans.
    Don't judge me from yesterday cause today I have moved on.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me

Ordered mine from CS first thing this morning. Can't wait for it to get here. I can only say one thing. Than Jebus for the Great Sidekick Outage of '09. Gave me enough leverage to talk them into upgrading my Fiance to an 8900 last month, and letting me upgrade now. Thursday can't come fast enough!

Edit: also, the above poster is right. 4 monthly installments. they said something about needing to have a good payment record to be eligible though.
    Last edited by Tripp; 11-16-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast