CrackBerry User

PIN
    :D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Nothing network related is working! D:

Hey guys.

So here's the case, and please try catching up with me cause this is gonna be complicated. (Read all of it before you reply... trust me) - BOLD TEXT IS THE MAIN TEXT.

I had this BB9700 (OS version 6.0.0.534 platform 6.6.0.200) of mine for about 2 years now, but recently I have discovered that I really don't use the unlimited data plan I got with the cellphone -

(which I still can't comprehend its purpose and why they just don't use a regular internet plan and let it work with everything)

- unless I wanna log in to my App World -

(1st question: Which still needs Wifi to operate and made me say "WTF were they thinking making it like this? Needing a data plan to log in and Wifi to operate?" Really, RIM?")

- or use it for a quick Google search on the fly wherever I am -

(2nd question: Which still doesn't work for some reason and tells me "There is insufficient network coverage" to which I sadly respond, there were full bars coverage with that little 3G symbol where I tried to use the interwebz and it still said it was insufficient)

- or for other apps that require data plan such as the integrated Maps app

(3rd question: WHICH DOESN'T WORK EITHER MOST OF THE TIME AND SAYS it requires a data connection (which I'm pretty sure it's connected to, otherwise data plans don't work in 80% of Israel, which is a rip off D and also says "some BB devices require reconfiguration to work properly." = W.T.F.)

So, bottom line: Data plan is practically useless to me and I'm paying a LOT more from what I'm getting, basically I'm paying for the unlimited plan (about 100 shekels here in Israel) and using not more than 5 mbs, and lowering down to 1 gb will only save me like 20 shekels, which are like 5$).

(4th question: Can I truly use my Blackberry to what the purposes I mentioned before without paying for such ridiculous plan that I am not finding any use of?)

Now, you probably has given up on my thread so far but if you are reading this. You are awesome! :3

Now listen up D:
    Blackberry Protect isn't working properly either, by that I mean the Blackberry app, and it tells me that "The Blackberry Protect services are not available at this time, please try again, dawg". (5th question: Sup wit dat?) (Note, it was working when the app was just released and I made a couple of backups, but since I discovered about the website that lets me locate my BB and lock it and stuff I noticed it hasn't worked ever sense, I'm not sure if that update had anything to do with the performance of the app.)

So you see, that kind of crap is gonna give me a heart attack soon if I don't do anything about it. And I know 200% that Israel has a crappy mobile services and stuff but this is too much, if all these problems are caused by what my Blackberry is saying they are caused by, then my Blackberry is pretty much useless and I'm safe to say that every cellphone user in Israel that uses a data plan is as screwed as I am at this point.

Some notes before you start ticking on your keyboard for a reply and Googling stuff I already Googled:

I already tried fully rebooting device. Restarting all Mobile Network and Wifi settings and resetting them. Pulling the battery out for 2 minutes and restoring it. Smashing my Blackberry into the ground from frustration. Smashing it with my feet while shouting "Work you piece of ****". Admiring my future self buying an Android phone or an iPhone and goodbying the crappy services I have been used to with a Blackberry device even though I'm still in love with it for some reason.
    I also tried changing my APN settings from some Tmobile server into the proper Orange Israel I should have been on for ever but still nothing worked even after that change and I honestly don't know WTF that changed anyway but some Google searches said I should have that properly setup-ed.
    I should also mention before you suggest anything I am trying to keep the "wiping my device option" to my last resort, it's kind of dumb of RIM to let you lose your purchased apps after a wipe (change of a Blackberry ID) and I am gonna do an OS update after I post this thread, but from my experiences with this phone and everything I had to go through and still fail to let it work properly, I doubt an OS update will fix anything.

SO, BLACKBERRY USERS AND ABUSERS: Work your magic and let my problems go away pwease! :>

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

1. You're using an old version of OS 6, you might want to update.
    2. If you don't have a data plan, you cannot access the web anywhere you are when there isn't any wifi available. There isn't a way to "bypass" or "hack" it either.
    3. If you DO have a data plan, resend the servicebooks, re-register under the Host Routing Table. If that fails, try a battery pull. If all else fails, you can always get the new blackberry your carrier has which I recommend if you aren't satisfied anymore of your trusty 9700.

Also, don't be so hostile, Many of us had to reload the OS, or update it, or downgrade it. RIM isn't to blame.

PIN

Also, smashing it won't fix it, slamming it won't do that either. it DAMAGES it. You will likely need to Reload the OS. If you aren't satisfied with BlackBerry anymore, simply just jump ship. Nobody is ever stopping you. But I strongly recommend you switch carriers if they don't do anything to help.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    1. You're using an old version of OS 6, you might want to update.
    2. If you don't have a data plan, you cannot access the web anywhere you are when there isn't any wifi available. There isn't a way to "bypass" or "hack" it either.
    3. If you DO have a data plan, resend the servicebooks, re-register under the Host Routing Table. If that fails, try a battery pull. If all else fails, you can always get the new blackberry your carrier has which I recommend if you aren't satisfied anymore of your trusty 9700.

Also, don't be so hostile, Many of us had to reload the OS, or update it, or downgrade it. RIM isn't to blame.
    Ok Im not being hostile, lol. I'm just too frustrated with all the problems I'm getting with just 1 cellphone. And I didn't really try smashing it in any way dude that was a joke o-o.
    I have to say though I neglected this BB and haven't really taken care of it in regards to updating its OS and doing fixes to it all the time, I thought that's the whole purpose of a BB, to just get it and start using it without any hassle and needing to update it and stuff every now and then and trying to keep up with everything for it. I was wrong obviously.

Anyway though, I just updated the OS to 6.0.0.723 which is the latest official OS for 9700 and I'm still having the same problems...

Sooo, yeah.
    Thanks for the suggestions though.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

I'm sure Brian was trying to be as helpful as possible and as far as calling you "hostile", well, anyone could tell you were frustrated and only joking about smashing the phone.

It sounds like your problems are carrier related. Have you spoken to your carrier about the problems your having. If you have a valid BIS plan you should NOT be experiencing these problems.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    I'm sure Brian was trying to be as helpful as possible and as far as calling you "hostile", well, anyone could tell you were frustrated and only joking about smashing the phone.

It sounds like your problems are carrier related. Have you spoken to your carrier about the problems your having. If you have a valid BIS plan you should NOT be experiencing these problems.
    Yeah well... D:
    I updated the OS though and now it's not even recognizing the data plan as operational. Every app is saying "You have to have a data plan to proceed" and everything network related is connected properly but I don't know what's wrong :\

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by XYMan28 View Post
    Yeah well... D:
    I updated the OS though and now it's not even recognizing the data plan as operational. Every app is saying "You have to have a data plan to proceed" and everything network related is connected properly but I don't know what's wrong :\
    Well I apologise for going over the edge a bit :/
    I was half a sleep and didn't read everything correctly or notice the humor much. My bad.

Have you verified with your carrier that they didn't just throw any ol' data plan on by mistake? It helps to fix those sorts of issues, I had the same thing for hald a month when on telus, called them up multiple times until someone fixed it and put me on the correct blackberry specific data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post

CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    Well I apologise for going over the edge a bit :/
    I was half a sleep and didn't read everything correctly or notice the humor much. My bad.

Have you verified with your carrier that they didn't just throw any ol' data plan on by mistake? It helps to fix those sorts of issues, I had the same thing for hald a month when on telus, called them up multiple times until someone fixed it and put me on the correct blackberry specific data plan.
    Yeah it seems I have a bone to pick with Orange. Those bastards D:
    I'll be wiping my BB today too. Then I'll call them and see what can I do and I'll let you know. :>
    Thanks for keeping up with me.