Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Need to replace earpiece- help

My earpiece speaker is going out. I want to replace it myself, but not sure about the difficulty? I found a replacement here:

mobile.brando.com

Will this be "plug and play"? I looked at a few videos, and I have switched parts on my 8900 and 8300 before, but never the speaker. I cant find info if it just snaps in or if it needs soldering, etc.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

is the earspeaker locked in the middle frame- picutred here?

Middle Frame Housing Chassis With Parts for BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx - OEM -*US $25.00*:*sw-box.com

I opened the phone up and it appears to be on the main board.

Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott11 View Post
    is the earspeaker locked in the middle frame- picutred here?

Middle Frame Housing Chassis With Parts for BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx - OEM -*US $25.00*:*sw-box.com

I opened the phone up and it appears to be on the main board.

Any ideas?
    Say goodbye to the warranty.

I will now recommend for you to head over to a kiosk or cellphone repair shop to have them fix it. A simple warranty repair would have done it fine, or an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

i am out of warranty, so that was not a concern. I'm not a fan of paying for something simple I can do myself, just want to order the correct parts. I have posted because I have found conflicting information that I would like cleared up.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

if it's connected to some sort of "board" then the concept of simplicity is out the door already. i too am looking to have my earpiece speaker replaced as it's out of commission right now, but am thinking more along the lines of repair shop, since I too am out of warranty on this particular device.