My earpiece speaker is going out. I want to replace it myself, but not sure about the difficulty? I found a replacement here:

mobile.brando.com

Will this be "plug and play"? I looked at a few videos, and I have switched parts on my 8900 and 8300 before, but never the speaker. I cant find info if it just snaps in or if it needs soldering, etc.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
    12-15-10 01:18 PM
    is the earspeaker locked in the middle frame- picutred here?

Middle Frame Housing Chassis With Parts for BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx - OEM -US $25.00:sw-box.com

I opened the phone up and it appears to be on the main board.

Any ideas?
    12-15-10 03:52 PM
    is the earspeaker locked in the middle frame- picutred here?

Middle Frame Housing Chassis With Parts for BlackBerry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx - OEM -*US $25.00*:*sw-box.com

I opened the phone up and it appears to be on the main board.

Any ideas?
    Say goodbye to the warranty.

I will now recommend for you to head over to a kiosk or cellphone repair shop to have them fix it. A simple warranty repair would have done it fine, or an exchange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 03:58 PM
    i am out of warranty, so that was not a concern. I'm not a fan of paying for something simple I can do myself, just want to order the correct parts. I have posted because I have found conflicting information that I would like cleared up.
    12-15-10 04:34 PM
    if it's connected to some sort of "board" then the concept of simplicity is out the door already. i too am looking to have my earpiece speaker replaced as it's out of commission right now, but am thinking more along the lines of repair shop, since I too am out of warranty on this particular device.
    12-19-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD