Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Love it Hate it? What's the verdict?

Well. Do all of you love it? Hate it?

I am contemplating going from the 8900 to the 9700.

Anyone made a similar jump?

In the end I have to decide to pony up the cash, but I would like some reference points before I do.

TY for any input.
    Clearly you are not a golfer
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,513 Global Posts

I love it. I moved from a 8310 to 9000 to 9700. I posted a thread that compiled a checklist of things to check before leaving the store, in my case, AT&T. The trackpad is rock solid and the form factor is streamlined and tight. The increased battery life and customization changes in ringtones and app management. It has a 3.2 megapixel camera. More onboard memory. USB 2.1. You should thoroughly check the device out before leaving the store. Having had mine since Sunday, it is the best BB that I have owned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I went from 8330 to 9000 to 8900 to 9700.

So yea. 8900 to 9700 was great! Would never go back!

P.s I liked the 8900 better than the 9000

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    K Floyd owns.

8900 to 9700, very happy
    - 215C17E6
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

LOVE it. hands down my fave.
    I've come a long way: Sidekick II - Samsung t809 - Blackberry 8320 - Blackberry 8900 - Blackberry 9700
    CrackBerry User

Love it better then my old Curve or my old Bold
    CrackBerry Genius

I won't say LOVE but I do like it alot.
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

I am 100% in love with it. Best phone I have ever owned hands down.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Love it hands down best bberry as of right now

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    21611BBD

love it. smaller then the 9000 but seems rock solid so far
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    225fab7d

Love it...went from the 9000 to 8900 now this...I think this might be the one.

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    PIN
    3249D1BA

I came from a 8900 as well and the 9700 is so much better. The keyboard is much better plus along with the trackpad being leaps ahead of the trackball. Don't get me wrong I liked my 8900, however, I love my 9700.

CrackBerry Abuser

Same went from an 8900 to 9700 and love every moment with it, first thing I noticed was the keyboard feeling so smooth and the trackpad really makes a big difference.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,930 Global Posts

I am coming from a WM device, I also love it. No track pad or any other problems.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    PIN
    256F84FB

that day is not far when the verdict here is gonna be 200 percent positive .history is in the making guyz RIM already knows that they have a winner its just for us to realise that sooner or later
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    PIN
    215FFDE6

I got mine just a few hours ago...I LOVE THIS THING!!! But seriously best blackberry ever
    Mac is Life Live it
    iphone -> samsung black2-> Blackberry BOLD BOLD 9700
    CrackBerry Addict

I am very happy. The biggest "challenge" fior me is getting as adept with touchpad as with the trackball. I still think the touchball is potentiallly faster, but more prone to breaking/getting stuck. And, after 2 days, I am getting MUCH better/quicker with the touchpad and con only imagine what it will be like in 2 weeks or 2 months: basically a non issue.

Small screen size is a negative factor, which is a trade off with small device size which I prefer (including large 12 pt font).

This is a great product, IMO.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ##?##?##

It is really small.....but once you get it in your hands it feels alot larger than it looks. The trackpad is hands down the greatest. I was up set to see that the screen is actually smaller than my 8310. The picture makes up fot the lack of size though, very crisp, very detailed. Fast, Fast, Fast! Although i have played with alot of different models, This is hands down the fastest BB out there.

I would only change one thing. Increase the screen(use up the black border space) and it would be perfect!

In summary all foreseen short comings seem to disappear after it is in your hands. Simply the best BB you can get right now!
    ALL POSTS ARE
    [CC] Closed Captioned for the reading impared
    CrackBerry Abuser

8900 to 9700 here. Love it..some issues with build quality. To be expected tho in a few months all the kinks will be worked out.

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Smoker View Post
    It is really small.....but once you get it in your hands it feels alot larger than it looks. The trackpad is hands down the greatest. I was up set to see that the screen is actually smaller than my 8310. The picture makes up fot the lack of size though, very crisp, very detailed. Fast, Fast, Fast! Although i have played with alot of different models, This is hands down the fastest BB out there.

I would only change one thing. Increase the screen(use up the black border space) and it would be perfect!

In summary all foreseen short comings seem to disappear after it is in your hands. Simply the best BB you can get right now!
    So...much of this has to do with personal considerations. I have good normal eyesight and don't normally wear glasses, but at 50 years old, need reading glasses. But I can increase the font to 13 (and ultimately to 14) with bold and I can wake up and not need to wear glasses, but the smaller screen makes it all "harder". the other side is that when I put on my reading glasses...none of this is an issues. Technology -- let alone life -- is all about trade offs. If/when my reading eyesight gets worse to where I can't read 14 pt bold w/o glasses, then I go back to normal type and just reconcile myslef to wearing glasses to read my emails....If I was under 45 years old, this would all be moot. How it evolves/changes from 45-50+ is uncertain. I did like the size of the 9000 screen, but not the bulky size of the deice. Therefore, I still prefer the 9700 by a wide margin.
    CrackBerry User

I love it! I had an iphone and a motorola cliq before this. Out of all the phones I had this is bar none my favorite. My cliq was super glitchy and just felt cheap! I actually find the 9700 to have one of the most comfortable keyboards to text on also. I say get it!

CrackBerry User

this is my first BB device and i'm lovin it..
    i like how everything just works instantly.. no lags
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

So far so good. I will be pulling the trigger on this device by Friday. Glad to here 8900 jumpers were happy with choice.
    Clearly you are not a golfer
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall...

Thumbs up Hands Down The BEST!!!

I went from an 8310 --> 8900 --> 9700 I have to say, hands down the best BB I have every has the privilege of owning!!! It won't leave my hands! Thank you RIM! It's small, powerful, and sexy and just plain kicks @$$!
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    ( ͡_͡)

I love my wife and couldn't feel that way about a device, but I think I'm going to have fun with my new 9700 toy. I will feel sad selling my 8900, it's been so reliable, even with a beta OS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast