CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Legit 9700 no channel/circuit error..Help!

So I went w/ my friend yesterday as she wanted to get her first smartphone.

Her contract was up w/ AT&T, she went and upgraded legitimately to a BB 9700. I know quite a bit about BBs but I've never seen this error.

Her phone was working just fine until about an hour or so ago. Her BB data plan is legitimate, etc...

When she tries to make a call she gets an error that says "No circuit/channel available" and when she receives a call...nothing. But she can send/receive texts which makes no sense.

Tried a battery pull, etc... nothing. I DID search, but I see this being an issue w/ unlocked phones on different carriers, nothing about legitimate phones and I didn't see a fix anywhere. WTH?
    Your voice sounds like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Follow me on Twitter!

PM me for MSN
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24b4cb9a

go back to AT&T and they will do a warranty replacement. Don't even waste time on trying to deal with this. Not worth the time.

but if you want to check. Try to update the OS on the blackberry or reload the current OS. Depending on what OS is being used. I believe AT&T has .450
    CrackBerry Newbie

could be a malfunctioning cell tower, like a network problem. try using the phone in a different area and see if you get the same problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by kingsidy View Post
    could be a malfunctioning cell tower, like a network problem. try using the phone in a different area and see if you get the same problem.

well i can use my iPhone just fine and her bb won't work so i don't think it's a network issue.

to the person who said update the os, are you sure you didn't mean 5.0.0.405 instead of .450?

that's what she currently has.

Follow me on Twitter!

PM me for MSN
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Way to be another **** on a forum. I'm not dumb, I know how to search and I'm pretty tech savvy. I already stated above that I found threads on the issue w/ Tmo, Sprint and UNLOCKED phones. This is a legitimately activated phone and we have tried everything suggested that I saw including resending service books. Nothing.

I don't need a "let me google that for you link" I've already googled it and have not found anything that works. Nothing specifies this issue being w/ a 9700 legitimately on AT&T. Hence why I posted it in a 9700 forum.

Wow, what a concept.

Follow me on Twitter!

PM me for MSN
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    Way to be another cry baby on a forum. It has nothing to do with it being "legit" or not, ya tool. And it has nothing to with service books. Obviously you HAVEN'T read that thread I linked or else you would have said "I tried xxx" which was mentioned in the thread.

Good luck with your stolen phone.
    LMAO!!! Are you serious?

I all of a sudden seem to remember why I don't post on crackberry anymore. People like you.

What part DIDN'T I read oh god of everything blackberry? Apparently YOU didn't read it because people talked about resending service books in that thread you id!ot.

Turning it to manual doesn't work, I already did it.

And yeah ya got me, the phone is stolen. LMAO. I see you're in Chicago too, want to meet me at AT&T tomorrow when I take it back to swap it out w/ her?

Follow me on Twitter!

PM me for MSN
  7. 312
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by amkls704 View Post
    I see you're in Chicago too, want to meet me at AT&T tomorrow when I take it back to swap it out w/ her?
    Hmm...Interesting proposition. Drinks at Bull & Bear after?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    Hmm...Interesting proposition. Drinks at Bull & Bear after?
    Sure why not.

For anyone with this problem, seems to be an issue with early 5.0 versions across different hardware versions. Updating the OS or reinstalling it seems to work. We will see if it happens again. Unlocked people apparently get the issue more than legit locked phones though. Unless you're me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts

I have a few unlocked 9700's and am yet to have said issue. Could be, most likely a problem with he SIM card. Regardless of whether or not you get it fixed, I really would take it back to AT&T for a replacement. Good to see you posting on CB.... pppp ))))

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    I have a few unlocked 9700's and am yet to have said issue. Could be, most likely a problem with he SIM card. Regardless of whether or not you get it fixed, I really would take it back to AT&T for a replacement. Good to see you posting on CB.... pppp ))))

I knew you missed me hey we always have Twitter haha

well she actually got the phone at walmart so we would have to swap it through them in the first 30 days.

It seems to be ok now. I think the problem was her bis wasn't provisioned correctly. We noticed she wasn't getting any notifications whether it be fb, email, etc. Her vvm wasn't enabled either. No option even in olam.

I called AT&T and they reprovisioned her data plan. I resent the service books and all was fine after that.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Just noticed my posts say posted from a crackberry, when it was from an iPhone. Lol! I can pretend to use a bb