02-09-10 12:23 AM
- So I went w/ my friend yesterday as she wanted to get her first smartphone.
Her contract was up w/ AT&T, she went and upgraded legitimately to a BB 9700. I know quite a bit about BBs but I've never seen this error.
Her phone was working just fine until about an hour or so ago. Her BB data plan is legitimate, etc...
When she tries to make a call she gets an error that says "No circuit/channel available" and when she receives a call...nothing. But she can send/receive texts which makes no sense.
Tried a battery pull, etc... nothing. I DID search, but I see this being an issue w/ unlocked phones on different carriers, nothing about legitimate phones and I didn't see a fix anywhere. WTH?02-08-10 12:58 AM
- go back to AT&T and they will do a warranty replacement. Don't even waste time on trying to deal with this. Not worth the time.
but if you want to check. Try to update the OS on the blackberry or reload the current OS. Depending on what OS is being used. I believe AT&T has .450
Last edited by rlacsamana19; 02-08-10 at 01:08 AM.02-08-10 01:05 AM
well i can use my iPhone just fine and her bb won't work so i don't think it's a network issue.
to the person who said update the os, are you sure you didn't mean 126.96.36.1995 instead of .450?
that's what she currently has.02-08-10 01:16 AM
I don't need a "let me google that for you link" I've already googled it and have not found anything that works. Nothing specifies this issue being w/ a 9700 legitimately on AT&T. Hence why I posted it in a 9700 forum.
Wow, what a concept.02-08-10 01:29 AM
- Way to be another cry baby on a forum. It has nothing to do with it being "legit" or not, ya tool. And it has nothing to with service books. Obviously you HAVEN'T read that thread I linked or else you would have said "I tried xxx" which was mentioned in the thread.
Good luck with your stolen phone.
I all of a sudden seem to remember why I don't post on crackberry anymore. People like you.
What part DIDN'T I read oh god of everything blackberry? Apparently YOU didn't read it because people talked about resending service books in that thread you id!ot.
Turning it to manual doesn't work, I already did it.
And yeah ya got me, the phone is stolen. LMAO. I see you're in Chicago too, want to meet me at AT&T tomorrow when I take it back to swap it out w/ her?02-08-10 01:43 AM
For anyone with this problem, seems to be an issue with early 5.0 versions across different hardware versions. Updating the OS or reinstalling it seems to work. We will see if it happens again. Unlocked people apparently get the issue more than legit locked phones though. Unless you're me.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-08-10 02:10 AM
- Crucial_XtremeRetired ModeratorI have a few unlocked 9700's and am yet to have said issue. Could be, most likely a problem with he SIM card. Regardless of whether or not you get it fixed, I really would take it back to AT&T for a replacement. Good to see you posting on CB.... pppp ))))
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-08-10 02:23 AM
- I have a few unlocked 9700's and am yet to have said issue. Could be, most likely a problem with he SIM card. Regardless of whether or not you get it fixed, I really would take it back to AT&T for a replacement. Good to see you posting on CB.... pppp ))))
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
well she actually got the phone at walmart so we would have to swap it through them in the first 30 days.
It seems to be ok now. I think the problem was her bis wasn't provisioned correctly. We noticed she wasn't getting any notifications whether it be fb, email, etc. Her vvm wasn't enabled either. No option even in olam.
I called AT&T and they reprovisioned her data plan. I resent the service books and all was fine after that.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-09-10 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD