- CrackBerry Addict
- 853 Posts
Latest Official 9700 OS 22.214.171.1246 from AVEA Turkey
BlackBerry Handheld Software v126.96.36.1994 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 188.8.131.524
Software Platform: 184.108.40.206
File name: 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2554_PL220.127.116.11_A18.104.22.1686.exe
File size: 158.72MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download Software From AVEA
Download From FileServe
This one leaked before you can check findings here
Last edited by rroyy; 05-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.
- 05-25-2011, 01:26 PM #2
It was fast - turning this leak into official release! Thanks for this one!
Are you sure rroyy it was not you helping this version go official?
Or maybe the other way around?
- 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM #5
this is the best os6 for the 9700 out there, im a moderate to medium user and have had troubles getting 2 days out of other releases and right now im on day 3.
it is so stable and fast.BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-25-2011, 07:49 PM #8
- 1 Posts
I tried this, but didn't make much difference to my problems.
Getting the 'Sorry! we're closing this webpage because its too large' message when browsing the internet, and battery issues. I've found all OS6 versions I've tried have this problem.
I tried shrinking the OS aswell, but this didnt make a difference. Think I'm going to have to go back to OS 5
- 05-26-2011, 01:22 AM #12
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-26-2011, 08:29 AM #15
- 206 Posts
wow... already official... i might give it a go this weekend.
i get great battery life with 546 (almost 3 days compared to slightly less then 2 on others) so, there is no reason for me to update.Unlocked Blackberry 9700 - 22.214.171.1248
Follow me: crazyjo82
- 05-26-2011, 01:00 PM #18
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.Saving the world, one OS at a time...
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- CrackBerry User
05-26-2011, 01:57 PM #19
- 27 Posts
have been running the leaked .576 for 4+ days and I feel its the best OS I have ran to date... great battery life, reception is good, and minimal memory leak... would recommend upgrading if you are currently unhappy with your OS
- CrackBerry Abuser
05-26-2011, 11:21 PM #21
- 137 Posts
I've just insalled this and after the second bat pull this is what I get :| I've got an unlocked Mobilicity blackberry 9700 and am using it on Wind Mobile in Canada. Now this doesnt happen if I'm using .534 (it has happened with 546/576. I was wondering if anyone else has had there sim card menu pop up ? and more importantly how to stop it (only happens on bat pulls/reboots) yet it's fine on .534