- CrackBerry Addict
- 857 Posts
Latest Official 9700 OS 220.127.116.116 from Taiwan Mobile
Software For BlackBerry® Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v18.104.22.1685 (All Languages)
Package Version: 22.214.171.1245
Software Platform: 126.96.36.199
File name: 9700jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.206 46_Taiwan_Mobile.exe
File size: 181.03MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download Software Here
Taiwan Mobile Software Download Page
- 05-09-11, 05:38 PM #3
I just downloaded 220.127.116.114 last week and I'ts the best OS 6 that I've downloaded thus far. There is still a memory leak on it but If someone downloads this new OS 6 and doesn't have the "memory leak" problem, I would love the feedback as everyone else would I'm sure.
- 05-09-11, 07:26 PM #5
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
•64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
•32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
- 05-09-11, 07:48 PM #7
Keep in mind that (a) I've had it running for only 4-5 days, and (b) results often vary between users of the same device, let alone between users with touchscreen vs non-touchscreen devices.
Last edited by elite1; 05-10-11 at 10:03 AM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
05-09-11, 08:03 PM #9
- 3 Posts
Is there an alternate link for this version? I am receiving the following message when trying to download:
"We're Sorry...Downloads of this software are not yet available in your country due to regulatory reasons. Please check back for future availability."
This is irrespective of what country I enter in the details section.
Thank you in advance
- 05-09-11, 08:19 PM #10
No feedback yet? I remember the good old days when a new OS would leak (or get released for the first time officially as this one did) there would be dozens of responses within the first 15 minutes.
I saw this in my twitter feed earlier, and just got home....and figured while downloading I'd look for some feedback and there is none!
Are people really that fed up with RIM that they're not downloading the latest and greatest OS's?
- 05-09-11, 08:44 PM #14
I have downloaded this update, so far nothing has been different, I will not comment on memory leak or battery nor "snappyness". No major changes so if you're on .534 and happy with it and it's too much of a pain to upgrade then leave it for now until people confirm much needed changes.
- 05-09-11, 10:28 PM #25