- CrackBerry Addict
- 857 Posts
Latest Official 9700 OS 184.108.40.2060 from H3G Italy
Software For BlackBerry Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone
BlackBerry Handheld Software v220.127.116.115 (Multilanguage)
Package Version: 18.104.22.1685
Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
File name: 9700M_PBr6.0.0_rel2115_PL126.96.36.199_A188.8.131.520_3_It aly.exe
File size: 156.51MB
Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
Download Software Here
H3G Software Page
- 04-11-11, 03:58 AM #9
Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a quick & easy refresher.
ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE
- (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
- Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
- Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
- On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
- Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
- Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
- (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
- On PC, navigate to
64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
- (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
- In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
Last edited by elite1; 04-11-11 at 04:06 AM.
- 04-11-11, 04:02 AM #10
Do you shrink your OS's? Are there apps or themes you don't need any more?
Do you have BBM set to save history on device instead of on media card?
Do you havr your Messages app set to delete messages after a certsain number of day?
- CrackBerry User
04-11-11, 11:28 AM #12
- 46 Posts
- 04-11-11, 07:59 PM #16
- 04-11-11, 11:34 PM #18
My quick findings, .... browser is that of .499, UMTS is not good compared to .461 or latest .534 which is best for my carrier. The ribbon app cod stills screwed so alarm alignment is out, easy fix.
Definitely not a good radio IMO. dropped me as soon as I turned it on, and had to switch radio on and off to get 3G again. GPS did not load as fast as .534.
- CrackBerry User
04-12-11, 11:01 AM #19
- 34 Posts
My impression is that this the best version of all. I used all the leaks and official versions and suffered from a memory leak especially when using the browser. This version seems stable so far on all other versions it would drop fast after browsing. Have been browsing a lot to test this version and have dropped only 1.1 mb and since has regained some memory so I lost only 0.9mb since startup. Hope this helps for anyone else.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 04-12-11, 06:54 PM #20
Download the current official BBM v184.108.40.206 from:
1. App World
2. (with BB Browser) BlackBerry Messenger
- CrackBerry User
04-14-11, 01:39 AM #24
- 20 Posts
this one is really somethin.... i ve been quiet happy with 220.127.116.111 as well.... everything was working great... this one i think is a lil better than 18.104.22.1681... 22.214.171.1240 gives me 76.2 MB free app memory as compared to 52.6 MB in 126.96.36.1991... music player, videos and pics work great.. webkit browser hasn't given me any trouble whatsoever.... boots up faster than 188.8.131.521.. all my apps re working great... i ve jus installed it so dunno abt the battery performance.. lets see how that goes.... so far soooooooooo good
Last edited by fallenangellic; 04-18-11 at 02:48 AM.