Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts

i'm currently running 6.0.0.546. is 615 a big significant worth of an upgrade?
    it seems like 615 has better reviews than 650 when i was reading this thread.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Yell0w View Post
    i'm currently running 6.0.0.546. is 615 a big significant worth of an upgrade?
    it seems like 615 has better reviews than 650 when i was reading this thread.
    They all seem to act in different ways on different 9700's. The best way to find out is to try them yourself. You can always go back if the OS is not suiting your device. It would appear though, that not many like 650.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    No, if you have a problem with the vendor file, apploader usually sees your Pin OK but when you continue through the upgrade/downgrade of the OS it will tell you that there is no update to perform but the operation has completed.

When I have the problem with my laptop not showing the device Pin in apploader or BBSAK, it's usually after I have used DM to run a backup or sync.

If the Pin is not shown it means that the device has not connected even though it's physically plugged in.

To get over this, I leave the device connected with the USB cable and restart the laptop. Then I run Apploader again and it will connect and show the Pin.

Alan.
    I've had problems too with Pin not showing. What I've found is if you click on the DM icon in the bottom right of the screen and exit DM and restart BBSAK or BB Boss (whichever is not showing the Pin) then the problem is solved.
    Thanked by:
    dangerousfen (09-10-2011) 
    dangerousfen likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts

does .615 not have a Multilanguage installer? If this is the case, I'm gonna have to use .650
    CrackBerry User

Default upgrade 9700 to 9780

hi,
    maybe tis is stupid question,can os 9700 upgrade to 9780
    WE'RE THE WORLD
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by akuka View Post
    hi,
    maybe tis is stupid question,can os 9700 upgrade to 9780
    Do you mean use the 9780's OS instead of the 9700's? Answer is no. You'll likely want to try a hybrid.

CrackBerry User

ok then thx for da info
    WE'RE THE WORLD
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have tried downloading this from Blackberry and it gets so far and doesn't finish downloading? and now when I try to get back on to the site to re-download the webpage is no longer there?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousfen View Post
    Check in c:/users/*name*/appdata/roaming/research in motion/blackberry. I think you will find another vendor file in there. If so, delete it. This gave me some grief as well.

Thanks, but I couldn't find any other Vendor.xml file, and the PIN is shown correctly all the time...

Windows XP SP3 + DM 6.1.0.35 + BB OS .615

Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exclamation Take note

Quote Originally Posted by manuhar View Post
    memory leak is at its peak state in .650 , guys who are with .615 please stay with it .
    well, I'm currently using .615 for my 9700, it is much better than any other OS6 versions, the memory is just fine, I can have 41mb on memory.

BUT! SUDDENLY, after I'm upgrading my AppWorld from v2 to v3, the memory leaked extremely, the memory drops to 20mb about half of the memory before the upgrading. And then the more worst part is, it is dropped to 2-4mb (of memory) in just about 5-6 hours in using the bb. I am now thinking about the solution to downgrading my AppWorld from v3 to v2.

I don't know what about .650, anyone using .615 or .650 facing the same problem here?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

Quote Originally Posted by jalvarez13 View Post
    Thanks, but I couldn't find any other Vendor.xml file, and the PIN is shown correctly all the time...

Windows XP SP3 + DM 6.1.0.35 + BB OS .615

Any ideas?
    That location is where myself and others have found another vendor file, but it can be in other areas. Do a complete search on your computer for it, including hidden files. It's an elusive little bugger.

Alan.
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by KurtFathul View Post
    I don't know what about .650, anyone using .615 or .650 facing the same problem here?
    Same problem with .600. I was considering an upgrade to .615, or, better, a downgrade of AppWorld.

Ciao
    Paolo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Installing OS update?

Hi

I eventually managed to download the file and followed the set up instructions which prompted me to run the Blackberry Desktop Software, however, I can't figure out how to install the OS on to my phone? If I click update, it says there are no updates available and the version stated is still the old one on my phone, any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyP0isoned View Post
    Hi

I eventually managed to download the file and followed the set up instructions which prompted me to run the Blackberry Desktop Software, however, I can't figure out how to install the OS on to my phone? If I click update, it says there are no updates available and the version stated is still the old one on my phone, any suggestions?
    Hi PrettyP0isoned,

You have to delete the vendor.XML as you can read in the above posts after that download this tool.

BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    http://bbsak.org/faq.php

then backup your system using bb destop manager.

After that use bbsak tool and wipe your bb after that load a new os using load OS button on the bbsak tool you might have to connect or disconnect your bb usb cord a few times to get good connection or reboot your pc system mabey like me.

You can read the hole story here

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-302...-blackberry-os

Good luck and have fun.

Advertman
    Last edited by Advertman; 09-16-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts

Felt like I shouldn't have upgraded from .546 to .650, before in .546, I opened 5-9 tabs with no problems but now in .650 I am constantly getting the page too big and low memoery error. It can't be low on memory cause I have ~106.8MB at startup and now it's 100.3MB after 15 hours and 30 minutes. Maybe it still needs time to mature?? I think I installed .546 back in may.

I need the browser to be good because when I'm in school, that is what I use to surf the web since my computer labs close early and also good reception too because over there, whenever I enter a building, my signal is shot. I go down to EDGE speeds.

CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Guys,

After upgrading to OS 6 (.650) my blackberry somethings restarts itself if I use it alot.

Is this because of the memory leakage or... ?

thx!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Anybody else experience that Memo Pad is missing in 650?
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    2063BB66

i've still got my memo pad

my radio reception however is very unstable... i'll drop from full 3G to 1 bar EDGE standing in the same spot

i also found that my battery life is not as good as with previous versions
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KurtFathul View Post
    well, I'm currently using .615 for my 9700, it is much better than any other OS6 versions, the memory is just fine, I can have 41mb on memory.

BUT! SUDDENLY, after I'm upgrading my AppWorld from v2 to v3, the memory leaked extremely, the memory drops to 20mb about half of the memory before the upgrading. And then the more worst part is, it is dropped to 2-4mb (of memory) in just about 5-6 hours in using the bb. I am now thinking about the solution to downgrading my AppWorld from v3 to v2.

I also upgraded to 650 then back down to 615 due to bad memory leak. But with 615, I did upgrade to app world 3.0 and did notice any difference in memory leak. So, 615 has been the best so far.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678