Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iPhone to a 9700

hey my fellow crackberry brothers/sisters,

So i switched from my bold to the iPhone 3GS back in June (don't hate me). But i just read the specs on the 9700 and my jaw hit the floor! This device will make me switch back to the wonderful world of blackberry. All i need is a great twitter app, and a espn app and I will be happy. I will be glad to come back my friends, just thought I would share the news!
    GO GATORS!
    Running O.S. v7.0.0.261
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2160E499 I want more friends

what specs did you read? and where?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

the boy genius report did a review of it
    GO GATORS!
    Running O.S. v7.0.0.261
    CrackBerry Abuser

The 9700 is not massively different from the bold, so if the iPhone lured you then, I can't see what the Onyx has that the bold doesn't that will convert you back.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Onyx is too small .. i can feel it. Most probably Bold with 5.x will be best option..
    CrackBerry Addict

I am in the same boat, but switched from an 8900. The touchscreen is great for browsing, apps, games and a few other things, but is not that great for typing emails in my opinion. I am jonesing for a full QWERTY keyboard. If BlackBerry could come close to the iPhone's Safari browser and push email, I would jump back in an instant. The jury is still out for me. We shall see...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Are you seriously saying iPhone's email is better than blackberry's? You're nuts.

And to whomever mentioned a good twitter client, SocialScope lite's fantastic. Too bad it's in closed beta right now. I'm enjoying it however
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I am in the same boat, but switched from an 8900. The touchscreen is great for browsing, apps, games and a few other things, but is not that great for typing emails in my opinion. I am jonesing for a full QWERTY keyboard. If BlackBerry could come close to the iPhone's Safari browser and push email, I would jump back in an instant. The jury is still out for me. We shall see...
    The Iphone doesn't have TRUE push mail like BlackBerry's do. Not even close. Saying the Iphone has better push mail than BlackBerry is like saying the BlackBerry's native browser is much much better than Safari.... lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

If BlackBerry could come close to the iPhone's Safari browser and push email, I would jump back in an instant. The jury is still out for me. We shall see...
    I love both.

I love the keyboarded BB's for how quick I can get in and out of email (BES), Get to contacts, and even broswer shortcuts (just need a better browser). The BB is my everyday, always on me device, but I have a 3GS too, if for nothing else, it is a great internet device.
    CrackBerry Addict

Sorry, I really meant that I miss the true push email of the BlackBerry. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    The Iphone doesn't have TRUE push mail like BlackBerry's do. Not even close. Saying the Iphone has better push mail than BlackBerry is like saying the BlackBerry's native browser is much much better than Safari.... lol
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

Sorry, I really meant that I miss the true push email of the BlackBerry. My bad.

lol, that what I figured. No worries.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    PIN
    24A7FE9A

I think coming from an iphone you might like the ODIN
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

First I have verizon and unless the storm 2 (odin) is coming to AT&T, not getting that one. The reason I would switch back to the berry is the email is by far better, the trackball is gone, and just the overall customization that you can do to a berry. with the iphone, you can't even get a cool text or email tone. I know this may be trival but it sucks. That, and I do miss my full QWERTY keyboard. Just some reasons i would go back...oh yeah and i belive the 9700 will be out before you can send a mms with an iphone.
    GO GATORS!
    Running O.S. v7.0.0.261
    CrackBerry Addict

I am with you on the better email (true push), no more trackball and the overall customization that you can do on a BB. I even miss the LED light on the BB and a few other minor things, but they are a big deal to me. I also miss the full QWERTY keyboard. There are many reasons why I would go back. The killer browsing experience on the iPhone is the only thing that could hold me from going back to BlackBerry. I do tons of browsing on my iPhone. I guess the BB browser is just ok and the Safari browser is great.

I never felt this much hype for a new BB device, or any new device for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    First I have verizon and unless the storm 2 (odin) is coming to AT&T, not getting that one. The reason I would switch back to the berry is the email is by far better, the trackball is gone, and just the overall customization that you can do to a berry. with the iphone, you can't even get a cool text or email tone. I know this may be trival but it sucks. That, and I do miss my full QWERTY keyboard. Just some reasons i would go back...oh yeah and i belive the 9700 will be out before you can send a mms with an iphone.
    Last edited by walds11; 09-23-2009 at 04:17 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

considering upgrading from an iPhone (which I have had since 2g and now on 3g) to this phone,mainly for a hardware keyboard and better phone/battery life

The shortcomings of the iPhone I would like to address are

muting the phone out of office hours, or quickly being able to change profiles, rather than the current silent or normal option on the iPhone

hardware keyboard

battery life, phone call quality

Push gmail through BIS, how good is it? on the iPhone since yesterday I can now have the native mail app receive push notifications and utilise the gmail website for sorting and applying labels to email, obviously being able to do this in one application would be a killer feature for myself.

The choice is either going to be the 9700 or the 3gs, feel like a change from the iPhone though
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kgutteridge View Post
    considering upgrading from an iPhone (which I have had since 2g and now on 3g) to this phone,mainly for a hardware keyboard and better phone/battery life

The shortcomings of the iPhone I would like to address are

muting the phone out of office hours, or quickly being able to change profiles, rather than the current silent or normal option on the iPhone

hardware keyboard

battery life, phone call quality

Push gmail through BIS, how good is it? on the iPhone since yesterday I can now have the native mail app receive push notifications and utilise the gmail website for sorting and applying labels to email, obviously being able to do this in one application would be a killer feature for myself.

The choice is either going to be the 9700 or the 3gs, feel like a change from the iPhone though
    Gmail push is good and fast as real push should be, I don't know much about sorting or labels since I never use it.
    You can press and hold a button to switch profiles, so if you switch between loud and vibrate for example the button will switch between the two.
    CrackBerry User

I am with you on the better email (true push), no more trackball and the overall customization that you can do on a BB. I even miss the LED light on the BB and a few other minor things, but they are a big deal to me. I also miss the full QWERTY keyboard. There are many reasons why I would go back. The killer browsing experience on the iPhone is the only thing that could hold me from going back to BlackBerry. I do tons of browsing on my iPhone. I guess the BB browser is just ok and the Safari browser is great.

I never felt this much hype for a new BB device, or any new device for that matter...
    Hey you should try the Opera mini browser. I don't have a blackberry yet and the 9700 will be my first but Opera Mini looks really good and it has tabbed browsing.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just ask...

1st post on my BB Bold and it does feel good to escape from that iphone,
    it is shocking the things I can do on my bold I couldn't do on my iphone..
    .for eg. Make a call without it being dropped, get email immediately etc.
    You know the simple things we pay all that money to our carriers for...

Kevin

CrackBerry Addict

I was actually ok with the BB browser until I picked up an iPhone. If I make the jump back, I will have to try a 3rd party browser. I am used to the tabbed browsing with the Safari browser.

Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Hey you should try the Opera mini browser. I don't have a blackberry yet and the 9700 will be my first but Opera Mini looks really good and it has tabbed browsing.
    CrackBerry User

I was actually ok with the BB browser until I picked up an iPhone. If I make the jump back, I will have to try a 3rd party browser. I am used to the tabbed browsing with the Safari browser.
    Yes I know what you mean I have an iPod touch and safari is definitely the best mobile web browser, I have never had a Blackberry though so I wouldn't know about that, I'm hopping its browser wont totally suck or a may be getting an iPhone 3GS
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

After all this talk, I swithced back to my Bold tonight, and with the .297 update, I am seeing some good changes
    GO GATORS!
    Running O.S. v7.0.0.261
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosek007 View Post
    1st post on my BB Bold and it does feel good to escape from that iphone,
    it is shocking the things I can do on my bold I couldn't do on my iphone..
    .for eg. Make a call without it being dropped, get email immediately etc.
    You know the simple things we pay all that money to our carriers for...

Kevin

100% correct.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    O.O

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusurway View Post
    100% correct.
    I will back you up bro

And if i had an iphone and i would want to switc to a blackberry i would get the onyx not the odin because... to many touch screen phones lol so get the onyx you will love it!!!
    SIGNATURE MOVE: "wierdo"

ODIN!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK!

[QUOTE=walds11;3654485]I am with you on the better email (true push), no more trackball and the overall customization that you can do on a BB. I even miss the LED light on the BB and a few other minor things, but they are a big deal to me. I also miss the full QWERTY keyboard. There are many reasons why I would go back. The killer browsing experience on the iPhone is the only thing that could hold me from going back to BlackBerry. I do tons of browsing on my iPhone. I guess the BB browser is just ok and the Safari browser is great.

I never felt this much hype for a new BB device, or any new device for that matter...[/QUOTE]

Really? The iPhone hype was FAR greater then the Onyx. The Onyx hype is only inside the Blackberry community. The iPhone hype was FAR FAR greater and consumer a lot of the consumer market.
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes, really. I was never a fan of the iPhone until I picked up a 3GS on launch date.

[QUOTE=ptb6744;3668046]

I never felt this much hype for a new BB device, or any new device for that matter...[/QUOTE]

Really? The iPhone hype was FAR greater then the Onyx. The Onyx hype is only inside the Blackberry community. The iPhone hype was FAR FAR greater and consumer a lot of the consumer market.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast