Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ingenius way to fix wobbly trackpad

Hey guys,

Was fiddling around today and found a ingenius way to fix a wobbly trackpad, i must admit the trackpad on mine is really wobbly, i found a piece of invisible shield i had left over from when i had the iPhone.

So i cut out a piece 0.9cm x 0.9cm and stuck it over the trackpad, you can hardly see it. Now the trackpad doesn't wobble and seems to respond better.

Last edited by hunghuynh; 12-05-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

That would drive me crazy. Return it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

This, sir, is win.

If you could put what amounts to a bandaid on your blackberry and prolong its warranty, why wouldn't ya? Just keep using it until your warranty is about to expire, and THEN send it in with a month left and get a new refurbished one! ROCK ON!

Thanks for posting this. Very cool. My trackpad isn't wobbly YET, but my first 9700's tilted a lot and clicked just with slight usage. So I'm paranoid that this'll happen again. If its the case, I'm reassured to know that a little bit of zagg goodness can make it dissappear.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Cool idea! I'm not having a problem with my trackpad yet either, but I will keep this in mind if I ever do!

Thanks!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

i just got mine today, and would be pretty upset if it was wobbly seing as i got the 9700 to finally get rid of the trackball
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

That would drive me crazy. Return it.
    Without the fix it did drive me crazy, as i purchased mine from UK and i live in AUS it would cost me $110AU to send it back and thats not viable. So this fix will keep me happy for a long time.

This, sir, is win.

If you could put what amounts to a bandaid on your blackberry and prolong its warranty, why wouldn't ya? Just keep using it until your warranty is about to expire, and THEN send it in with a month left and get a new refurbished one! ROCK ON!

Thanks for posting this. Very cool.
    haha thanks! I was thinking the same thing, as its gonna cost me a large amount to send back to get fixed ill wait till near the end and when there is more batches that come out and hopefully the problem gets rectified then i get a new one.. WIN!

Cool idea! I'm not having a problem with my trackpad yet either, but I will keep this in mind if I ever do!

Thanks!
    no worries!
    I found some zagg which i thought why not, its quite invisible to a certain extent!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Oh yeah. I find myself pressing the Enter key instead of pressing down on the trackpad, trying to prolong it's non-wobbly lifespan. :-)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    upon request

Oh wow lol. Glad you're satisfied now.
    I chose to exchange mine.
    iTouch & EVO 4G
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

this is very smart, thats good thinking right there my friend
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry User

I put a small piece of paper between the top of the trackpad and the thin plastic part of BB and return botton. It works as well
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    PIN
    s and needles

Quote Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
    Oh yeah. I find myself pressing the Enter key instead of pressing down on the trackpad, trying to prolong it's non-wobbly lifespan. :-)
    i used to do the exact same thing on the 9000, to prolong the life of the track ball.

also kudos on the great idea OP!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thanks guys!

It saves the hassle of sending it back, yet the rest of the phone works fine only the trackpad so a small solution to fix it up makes the whole handset great to use again!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

Quote Originally Posted by hunghuynh View Post
    Thanks guys!

It saves the hassle of sending it back, yet the rest of the phone works fine only the trackpad so a small solution to fix it up makes the whole handset great to use again!
    yea good work right there, and then when your device starts getting old you can always send it in for a newer version and blame your trackpad for sending it back.
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

blame your trackpad for sending it back.
    haha, will do!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
    What are you going to do to prolong the life of your Enter key?
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

I doubt there's anything wrong with the OP's trackpad (wobble is normal) BUT in general if there's really something wrong or the device is defective the smart thing to do is return it NOT put a band aid on it
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    I doubt there's anything wrong with the OP's trackpad (wobble is normal) BUT in general if there's really something wrong or the device is defective the smart thing to do is return it NOT put a band aid on it
    it wobbles quite abit and makes a funny clicking noise when its moved.

i'd love to return it but sending it back to UK as it was purchased from a uk store will cost $100 AUS and doesn't seem like a good option at the moment
    CrackBerry User

Don't settle. Return it.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    K Floyd owns.

I just put a little piece of black electrical tape down the crack on mine. I can't even see it, and it works so good!!
    - 215C17E6
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by schgittyfour View Post
    I just put a little piece of black electrical tape down the crack on mine. I can't even see it, and it works so good!!

where did you put it?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Sometimes an idea like this will help many people. While you are all saying your trackpad is wobbly and you are considering it defective (Even though it works) sometime down the road or in the future, a carrier may not see this as defective and might say it is wear and tear. Since the trackpad actually still work and YOU feel it is wobbly, those carriers may not authorize an exchange.

I had a pearl for verizon when it first came out I had a problem with my trackball, it was so deep in the housing that all I had to do was touch it and it would depress, it didn't have a normal clicky button feel. A tech support told me that since the trackball was actually working that it was not a legit defect.

I understand there are some bad and different scenarios but a simple fix that may help many people now or down the road is worth sharing. Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    K Floyd owns.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarz View Post
    where did you put it?
    down the crack of the trackpad...on the top of mine.
    it works great! you should try it
    - 215C17E6
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    ( ͡_͡)

I tend to agree with JD, the trackpad is a button as well as a trackpad. It is designed to move around in it's housing. Mine feels right to me - like it's on a roller, and works well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Mod

Global Posts
    13,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woolmilk View Post
    Don't settle. Return it.
    Agreed! if its that wobby, exchange it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    ( ͡_͡)

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Agreed! if its that wobby, exchange it.

Garz is right, if it's bad enough you need to exchange it, don't wait too long, you don't want them to think it's a normal amount of movement like what I described above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast