CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default i cant find my blackberry messanger

Hello everyone, My bold 9700 battery went flat, after charging I turned on the phone and I can't find the blackberry messenger app anywhere on the phone. My contacts say their messages to my blackberry are being delivered but I'm not seeing any alerts or even the messenger. Could anyone please tell me what to do, I have checked everywhere and every folder on the phone and still can't find the messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

Need a little more info. Have you upgraded your OS or did the battery just die and what OS are you running?
    BBM would be in the Instant Messaging folder just make sure it is not hidden.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thank you for your prompt response, but I did not upgrade my OS recently, I'm currently using OS 5.0.0.593. My battery went flat while I was chatting on the bbm, I charged the battery and when the phone came on, the messenger was gone, I've looked in the instant messaging folder but it's not there, I chose the option of 'show all' and it's just not there. I even tried downloading the bbmessanger app and it's asking to replace bbm the existing 5.0 with the 5.0.1.14 and I just can't see the messenger app or icon anywhere on the phone. I am so worried.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you for your prompt response, but I did not upgrade my OS recently, I'm currently using OS 5.0.0.593. My battery went flat while I was chatting on the bbm, I charged the battery and when the phone came on, the messenger was gone, I've looked in the instant messaging folder but it's not there, I chose the option of 'show all' and it's just not there. I even tried downloading the bbmessanger app and it's asking to replace the existing bbm 5.0 with the 5.0.1.14, meaning that it's here somewhere but I just can't see the messenger app or icon anywhere on the phone. I am so worried. My contacts on the blackberry messenger are sending messages which they say are delivering and yet I cannot see them.

Global Posts
    10,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN ?

Quote Originally Posted by trikky View Post
    Thank you for your prompt response, but I did not upgrade my OS recently, I'm currently using OS 5.0.0.593. My battery went flat while I was chatting on the bbm, I charged the battery and when the phone came on, the messenger was gone, I've looked in the instant messaging folder but it's not there, I chose the option of 'show all' and it's just not there. I even tried downloading the bbmessanger app and it's asking to replace the existing bbm 5.0 with the 5.0.1.14, meaning that it's here somewhere but I just can't see the messenger app or icon anywhere on the phone. I am so worried. My contacts on the blackberry messenger are sending messages which they say are delivering and yet I cannot see them.

Continue with the download and install bbm 5.0.1.14 reboot the phone and you should have it back.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I've rebooted the phone, I still can't find it. The network time-outs isn't allowing me download and install the new version of bbm. pls has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know what I can do to find my blackberry messenger??? I need help please.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2802258d

try downloading it from bb app world if it times out when you try to download it off the site

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Have you tried reloading the OS?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

My wife had this problem once. Make sure you back up your BBM contacts to your sd card. Then delete BBM and reboot the phone. Once it boots up, go to the mobile blackberry site and download BBM from there. Once it finishes downloading, do another reboot. The icon should reappear. This worked for me.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T OF YOUR FINEST PLEASE!

What's ticking me off is I show I have an update for BB messenger in my app world but it doesn't update when I try to. I click update in the app in the world but it just takes me back to my world where it lists my apps without downloading the update. What's odd is even though it says it hasn't updated my BBM layout and settings options did change. I look at the app and it still says v5.0, but this all just seems very odd to me, and a battery pull has changed nothing. Oh well, I don't really care to have the update, mine is working fine as is, but I'm assuming eventually I'll have to do it in order to use it. Just annoying is all... blugh!

Edit: Alright, finally, after trying several reboots and logging out and back into my app world I used the ALT+r+s+t, then logged back in and now it's letting me update... whew, what a pain that all was! I should've remembered to do that earlier. duh!
    Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 02-27-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have upgraded it , BUT it didn't change and when i rebooted the phone the icon totally disappeared !
    not hidden , NOT to be found anywhere ...
    what to do ?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aya2121 View Post
    I have upgraded it , BUT it didn't change and when i rebooted the phone the icon totally disappeared !
    not hidden , NOT to be found anywhere ...
    what to do ?
    try going into application management and see if it's there, if it is, uninstall then reinstall it. from either AppWorld or BlackBerry Messenger
    Device(s): Curve 9300>Bold 9700>Z10>Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Tablet: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB