Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I can' setup any email in my 9700. How to reset?

I tried to setup an email to be sent to my sister Blackberry 9700. When I go to the Email Accounts under Setup and click Internet Mail Account, it pops up a screen 'Existing Users, if you want to access your email settings or you changed your device, log in. and then asks me for user name and password. Strange. This BB is used, yes, but I believe it's never been used to deliver any email before. And the BB PIN is cleared because BBM works fine.

How do I reset the phone so I can setup an email account? I have also done security wipe on the phone and after it's done, first thing I did was to go to email account, and bam, same screen again. It looks like I am stuck here.

Phone has the latest OS 6 ver 706. I just installed it last night.

Thanks.

EDIT: I am stuck at this screen (the one on the left). Usually it goes right in to email setup, but not on this phone. Since I don't know any username/password, I can't go pass this screen. I also tried this website, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html, forgot password, then use the PIN to send password to the device, but password never arrived. Thank you.

Last edited by gameson; 12-06-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Maybe do a security wipe so it takes off all the old users info and then it should allow you to add your emails. I have to call my carrier to add my current phones pin to set up email also. But I'd try the security wipe first maybe to restore ot back to brand new.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I did security wipe and it didn't do anything. I am still stuck at the screen on the left.

SOLUTION: I called AT&T and had them reset the password. Now I am able to have email pushed to this device.

However I have a question, how come my Torch doesn't have this screen when I click Email accounts? However this 9700 have this ? Both Torch and Bold have the latest OS ver 6.0.0.706 installed.
    Last edited by gameson; 12-06-2011 at 03:17 AM.
    Thanked by:
    feelingboy89 (07-17-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by gameson View Post
    I did security wipe and it didn't do anything. I am still stuck at the screen on the left.

SOLUTION: I called AT&T and had them reset the password. Now I am able to have email pushed to this device.

However I have a question, how come my Torch doesn't have this screen when I click Email accounts? However this 9700 have this ? Both Torch and Bold have the latest OS ver 6.0.0.706 installed.
    The torch likely doesn't have a BIS data plan, the likely cause for no Internet E-mail Setup screen.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same issue - Call the provider?

Hi, When you said you called the provider to reset the password, what password exactly did they reset?

A client of mine is having this exact issue.

Regards,
    Dan Wilson.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same problem here

hey guyz u got your solution ? i have same problem please solve also my problem