Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question How to setup Gmail as IMAP account?

I have dozen of filters on my Gmail to archive and sort email especially mailing list messages. I tried to create filters by using the "Subject Contains" option and did entered the mailing list tags [demo-users] which appear at the start of every subject but it didn't worked and email are still filling up my BB inbox.

I deleted the Gmail Inbox and then tried to use the "Other" option while adding new email account but when I entered my gmail address it again took me to the default BB Gmail Sync mode instead of asking me the POP3/IMAP server address.

I want to add my Gmail account as a generic IMAP account so I get only the message which are dripped in Inbox of Gmail excluding all the archived mailing list dsicussions.

Any clue?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,386 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin: her: down: on: a: photograph: album: I: am: not: worried: I: am: not: overly: concerned:

Default Re: How to setup Gmail as IMAP account?

If you try to setup a gmail account on your device with incorrect credentials (like using the wrong password, or mistyping the email address) you'll be presented with an option to provide the advanced settings yourself.

When you get to the advanced setup screen, use the correct credentials, and specify the email server as imap.gmail.com. It should automatically select port 993 and to use SSL, but if not choose those options as well.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,080 Global Posts

In a way, its already using IMAP rather than POP. Blackberry will sync your "All Email" folders from your Gmail.

I am not sure about this but I guess login in to gmail from your phone might help you

- Charles
    Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/cthaddeus

Phone History : Nokia 3310 > Nokia 8250 > Nokia 3320 > Nokia 7210 > Sony Ericsson T610i > Sony Ericsson W810i > Nokia E71 > Nokia E72 > Blackberry 9700 > Blackberry 9800 > Blackberry 9900 > Blackberry Q10 > Samsung S3 > Blackberry Q10 > iPhone 5S > Blackberry Q10 > Blackberry Passport

PDA History : Compaq iPAQ 3630 > Playbook 64GB > Google Nexus 7 16GB

"Physical keyboard rules!!"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Wu-wei ( or anyone else who can answer this )
    I'm trying to setup IMAP mail using our Davmail server. The only difference in the setup is that the port mappings have been changed for security and other reasons like the existing ports are used, and for the love of Mike I can't find any concrete example of setting up mail with a different port number. ( I tried servername:10143 but this doesn't work - it does work on Android and IOS devices )
    Your post hints that port numbers can be specified, if this is true where can I find it?
    Thanks