Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how much does display ic of 9700 cost?

my display pic of 9700 was going white again and again.....when that white screen comes i used to press lock button and that white screen goes away and the display comes back to normal....i showed this problem to mobile repairer he said he suspect the display ic is gone....do anyone know how much it cost?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

not display pic.......i meant display screen.....anyone plz help....and how much does whole display cost of 9700?????
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

From what I'm currently seeing on the internet (I did a Google search), it would appear that they cost anywhere from $75 to under $100 depending who or where you buy it from.

And it could be more since I haven't factored in the cost of labour.

Your best best might be to search around on the internet to see if you can find someone who is willing to replace it for a reasonable price. Or if you bought your phone from a cell service provider, check to see if and how much they could replace it for.
    Last edited by Apocalypso; 01-17-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    22A9FD41

How long have you had it... Meaning is it under warranty? And do you have insurance on the device? These would be the first two avenues to venture down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

LCD for the 9700 should cost anywhere around/near $100. If you're pretty tech savvy, disassembling the 9700 isn't difficult - removing a few screws/clips.
    Apple iPhone 5S
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Retired)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780 (Retired)
    BlackBerry 8830 WE (Retired)
    Thanked by:
    hemantJain (01-18-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

no its not under warranty as i bought it in grey market....i dont hav insurance too....i never dropped my phone but still this white screen comes and go...the screen is not damaged for sure....wondering wat might be the problem??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hemantJain View Post
    no its not under warranty as i bought it in grey market....i dont hav insurance too....i never dropped my phone but still this white screen comes and go...the screen is not damaged for sure....wondering wat might be the problem??
    Probably most likely a bad LCD. Bring it to a shop that does a full repair on the spot. That way, you get to verify if it doesn't turn white when testing it. That is your best bet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

the problem is solved now.....i opened my 9700....by watching tutorial on youtube....i just opened & tighten some chips and screws.....and problem solved.....the repair guy was saying u will hav to replace the whole screen which might hav cost me 100$.....i m sooooo happy......its 24hours now and the screen is working perfectly.....i sense the problem was that some connection inside might be loose....thats y the screen was going white......anywaz thanx for all the replies....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hemantJain View Post
    the problem is solved now.....i opened my 9700....by watching tutorial on youtube....i just opened & tighten some chips and screws.....and problem solved.....the repair guy was saying u will hav to replace the whole screen which might hav cost me 100$.....i m sooooo happy......its 24hours now and the screen is working perfectly.....i sense the problem was that some connection inside might be loose....thats y the screen was going white......anywaz thanx for all the replies....
    Hi care to share how and show how what chip to tightened? I have the same problem with my Bold 9700. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Display problm

Hello sir my mobile display problem please custmercare. mobile modle ,9700
    CrackBerry Newbie

black berry bold 9700