Hi was wondering how to get more memory and how to free up space on my 9700. And what preload stuff can I delete that I dont use, Thanks for the help.
    dbirch likes this.
    07-18-11 04:53 PM
    I remove the Help app, you can delete Documents to Go if you don't use it.

There's shrinking tools too, but you have to wipe and reload the OS.
    07-18-11 04:56 PM
    Shrink out all the fonts and languages as it will default to US English anyway. Then shrink out anything else that you don't want but I wouldn't touch the Advanced section unless you know what your at.
    07-18-11 05:02 PM
    Anymore things I can do had how can I clear cache files I am running 6 ops
    07-18-11 05:51 PM
    Anymore things I can do had how can I clear cache files I am running 6 ops

Go to 'Options' ( ) -- Security -- Advanced Security Settings -- Memory Cleaning

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 11:10 PM
    Why do you need to clear memory? There should be plenty of it for apps, and it seems unlikely for a person to be regularily using the 20 or 30 apps (or more it seems like, I only have a few) it would take to run low on space. I'd opt for deleting apps off your phone that you don't use before trying to get rid of OS stuff.

That being said, I always go in when I get a new OS and drop all the stuff I don't need like extra languages, Documents to Go, all the games, and even things like TTY and password keeper.

07-19-11 12:02 PM
    The BB6 tutorial videos can be removed to free up about 20MB.
    07-19-11 12:06 PM
    Biggest way I have found to free memory is to delete old emails. I have thousands and thousands of old emails on my BB. When I deleted them I went from 8mb free to nearly 90mb free.
    07-19-11 12:20 PM
    Biggest way I have found to free memory is to delete old emails. I have thousands and thousands of old emails on my BB. When I deleted them I went from 8mb free to nearly 90mb free.
    I do this monthly to save space. It works a bunch! OP should do the same even with sms.

07-19-11 07:06 PM
    Sometimes mine gets down as low as 6mb. I've hardly got any apps on, any other suggestions guys?
    11-08-11 05:56 AM
    Sometimes mine gets down as low as 6mb. I've hardly got any apps on, any other suggestions guys?
    Shrink the OS?

11-08-11 05:57 AM
    how do you do that? apologies for my thickness.
    11-08-11 06:08 AM
    how do you do that? apologies for my thickness.
    Search the forums for BB Boss. Download, install, have fun. Just leave the Advanced section alone and use Direct Shrink On Phone to remove the unwanted components. By default, everything is checked, or unchecked.

11-08-11 06:34 AM
    I remove the Help app, you can delete Documents to Go if you don't use it.

There's shrinking tools too, but you have to wipe and reload the OS.

11-09-11 12:07 AM
    I have 9700 & it will not let me delete the Help app or documents to go. Help me. What else can I delete?

11-09-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD