CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation How to copy contacts to my SIM card?

I am in the process of selling my 9700 to migrate to an Android phone. I know there is a way to copy contacts to the SIM card one at a time, but is it possible to copy all at once? Making a backup with the DM would only copy them onto the phone's (BB) memory once again. Is there a more viable solution, so I can just switch SIM's and take my contacts with me?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

You can't copy all of them at once.

You could create a new Google account (you'll need one for your Android anyway), and add it to your BlackBerry. When you set it up the phone will ask you if you want to sync contacts and/or calendar. This will transfer all your contacts into Google. When you get your new phone you'll be able to add that email address as the main account and everything will sync up for you.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks, but what I wanted to copy are the phone numbers.

PIN
    What's that?

Well then go through and highlight each contact of yours and copy them to your SIM card.

There's NO way to copy all your contacts to your SIM at once, juts like I said in my first post. I gave you the best solution I could think of. Desktop Manager, like you said, isn't going to help you at all. There could be an app, but I haven't seen it.

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Default we'll miss ya!

Another way, is e-mailing yourself all of your contact's information via copying and pasting each one's fields into an e-mail address in the following format:

Name:
    Number:
    E-mail:
    IM:

That way, if the sync somehow messes up, you'll still have everything saved.

PS. There's the android subforums you can post to, or help others on here still, using the best of your knowledge
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,580 Global Posts

If you are buying an Android phone you will probably need a gmail account if you want to use the calendar or contact apps on the phone.

If you create a new gmail account and add it to your 9700, you can have the 9700 sync its calendar and contacts to the gmail account. The Android phone can then sync to the same account.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same issue

I have exactly the same issue - cant open emails and my browser just doesn't work. Ive tried swapping handsets in store, calling the provider, hardware reset, sim change, power on/off, battery out/in, checking all settings against my old bold and confirming with provider the all functions are available.
    completely stumped...any suggestions?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

In a worst case scenario try either Funamobl or OUtlook Sync.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.