CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Having the multiple key entry prob?

Wolfgaze tried this one of the 9780 forums, and he inspired me to try it here. I love my bold 9700, beautiful device...but I cant say it doesn't have quite a bit a manufacturing problems.

I know the screen is meant to be one sealed piece, but the upper "glass" part split from the main lcd, to the point where i can actually lift it up a little, hence why dust gets stuck under it. I'm not gunna pay $300 for a replacement (in Barbados that ish is expensive).

But I mean, that's not my real annoying issue. Its the damn keyboard! First few months it was great! Then whenever I try to type, i keep getting double, triple or even quadruple letters, for example...trying to type the letter "a" would give me "aaaa." Typing fast is near impossible, and the del button is super sensitive, i find mainly the keys on the extremes of the board give the issues. How many of you are having this issue? Did anything help? I'm sure we would really appreciate it!

I tried changing the key rate, cleaning it, even a point the whole board and keyboard got replaced, still the same issue after a while...looking forward to hearing from you guys!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Point

There is setting for key inuput in options, make is very slow/low.

Or clean your device keypad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

yup dude, tried that too, but what i really wanna know is who else is experiencing the issue?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22d60cac

Maybe you press too hard on the keyboard?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

I got this problem too, and ive changed the keyboard membrane twice, works fine for a few days then back to multis.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

I suspect this is a hardware fault.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

never had keyboard issue... second Rootbrian's theory...

if you bought your device from your provider... take it back and show them... if its still under warranty, you can have it replaced