Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hard locked 9700

Hi people

right I have been lurking on the forums searching for an answer but not really got anywhere so first post!

I have 9700 that is hard locked.(bought through a friend of a friend brand new but hard locked when I got it!)

I have been round absolutely everywhere trying to get it unlocked but everyone just shakes their head and says no!

been doing a bit of searching and have found that their is 8 attempts left at the IMEI code however I don't have that,

I don't mind sending it somewhere for them to unlock it however cant find anywhere in the UK that does this, can anyone advise somewhere in the UK that can get it unlocked and also unlocked to any network?

any help greatly appreciated!

Start by explaining what you mean by "hard locked". I first thought you had blown the 10 attempts to unlock by code, but you say 8 remaining...
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

well the symptoms are unable to make any calls,texts ,basically do anything with the phone, I took it to a variety of shops including vodafone who was the original supplier and they told me the phone is hard locked and did not/would not tell me any more.

I am unsure if this phone has perhaps been registered stolen or something?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Desperate to get this working, currently using an old Samsung!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

hard locked means you have exceeded the number of attempts. You'll need to take it to a repair shop for them to use the USB method to unlock it. That is the only way now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    Thomas1983 (10-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

HI Brian

Ok I had a funny feeling that I would need to do this although there seems to be a distinct lack of people willing to do this where I live!

Thanks again
    CrackBerry User

Thomas, if you find anything... let me know! im in the same position as you.

I have been to a few repair shops and they all say they can't do anything with it, but people in repair shops really arnt that smart anyway, all they usually do is unlock networks, buy and sell, fix buttons, covers. install new screens ect <- stuff like that, this seems to be abit more technical than that... i suspect things like: flashing new images to on-board flash memory / jtagging / new firmware, stuff like that will solve this problem, ill continue to search for answers also... Reply here if you find anything bud

-Paul
    Last edited by Paul0759; 10-05-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hi Paul

I will do mate, im loathe to shell out for a new phone when this one is brand new! however I am so desperate I was thinking of taking up a Virgin Mobile deal for a new BB on contract but thats really my final option!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Have you tried it? where do you get the software to do that?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

If this phone cannot make calls and you have taken it to a phone store then I suspect that its IMEI has been blacklisted. A common reason for blacklisting is that should the phone be lost or stolen and then replaced by an insureance company the carrier will blacklist the "old" phone.However it cannot make or receive phone calls or SMS messages.

Symptoms of blacklisting are that the phone will correctly respond to a network and will display the correct number of signal bars.

Once a phone has been blacklisted it is almost never released.

An advanced search of Crackberry forums should turn up any number of fuller explanations of blacklisting for you.
    I used to be indecisive now, I'm not so sure.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

so even if I download the software and do what the youtube video says I will still be unable to use the phone?

the description you gave is perfect the phone does show a signal and responds.
    CrackBerry User

Just do what that video tells you bud, it worked for me... Report back let me know how you get on, and message me if you need any help, ill help as best i can... you shouldn't have any problems though

-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas1983 View Post
    well the symptoms are unable to make any calls,texts ,basically do anything with the phone, I took it to a variety of shops including vodafone who was the original supplier and they told me the phone is hard locked and did not/would not tell me any more.

I am unsure if this phone has perhaps been registered stolen or something?
    Your description and other posts make it very obvious that the phone is stolen, and you are trying (have) changed the IMEI. It is a crime to do this or posess the software required in UK. CrackBerry does not support or condone illegal acts.

The relevant links have been removed, and I have closed this thread.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    Thomas1983 (10-07-2011)