Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. KingD67's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Guess I won't be upgrading to a 9700 anytime soon!

    Well my wife and I have an upgrade coming up soon (2 yr contract is ending), but I don't think we will be taking advantage of it anytime soon. I was at an AT&T store earlier and the Bold 9000 and 9700 are both 199.99 after a 100.00 mail-in rebate. That means I would have to drop 600.00 bucks for two phones and then wait until they decided to send me back my rebate. Well needless to say I just can't drop that kind of cash on two new phones right now, and it really sucks. I really wish that the prices weren't so crazy high. So I guess I will just keep on keepin on with my Curve 8310 and my wife will just have to make due with her Pearl 8100 (and she really wants another phone, with a bigger screen and full keyboard). Maybe I can find her a Curve on the cheap for awhile, and just switch out her sim card.
  2. sv115's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    94 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Hopefully you'll get to upgrade soon.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. SynFor's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    its 199$ with the mail in rebate and the resigning of a contract?!

    i will be resigning my tmobile contract and picking it up for about 150$.
    ̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡
  4. That Girl from Jersey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    481 Posts
    Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    PIN
    ME DOWN! Rawwwwr!
    #4  

    Default

    Perhaps my math is incorrect but isnt 199.99 + 199.99= 399.98?

    So why 600.00?

    Also, when I purchased my 9700 I brought a Best Buy ad in to the ATT store showing they were selling it for 99.99 w/ instant rebate and I ended up paying 107.00 with tax out the door. And the guy even filled out the rebate form for me anyway! I sent it away and got my 100.00 card thingy. So really, I paid like 7 bucks. Ive learned that they will work with you on price in store
    GFY. Yes, you
  5. Username00089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,423 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Use your upgrades on WireFly and get them each for $79.99

    I used WireFly to get the 9700 for free and it worked out perfect

    Welcome to our Wireless World
  6. dLo GSR's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,590 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,689 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    so is the $99 after MIR offer gone now?
    Previously: Blackberry Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.344
    Currently: Motorola Atrix - Android 2.2

    "Simplicity provides a fine line between elegance and plainness."
  7. Username00089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    11,423 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dLo GSR View Post
    so is the $99 after MIR offer gone now?
    Yes. Gone. Poof.
  8. GJW
    GJW is offline
    GJW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    539 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    If you switch to t-mobile you can get them for $129 each (I think without a rebate). And the t-mobile voice and data plans are cheaper than ATT.
  9. itimmcook's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    try going to walmart. i upgraded my phone there for 78.88$
  10. duprejr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingD67 View Post
    Well my wife and I have an upgrade coming up soon (2 yr contract is ending), but I don't think we will be taking advantage of it anytime soon. I was at an AT&T store earlier and the Bold 9000 and 9700 are both 199.99 after a 100.00 mail-in rebate. That means I would have to drop 600.00 bucks for two phones and then wait until they decided to send me back my rebate. Well needless to say I just can't drop that kind of cash on two new phones right now, and it really sucks. I really wish that the prices weren't so crazy high. So I guess I will just keep on keepin on with my Curve 8310 and my wife will just have to make due with her Pearl 8100 (and she really wants another phone, with a bigger screen and full keyboard). Maybe I can find her a Curve on the cheap for awhile, and just switch out her sim card.
    I got mine at Costco for $49 after $50 mail in rebate just two weeks ago.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. jsanta11's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    791 Posts
    PIN
    2811f462
    #11  

    Default

    Best buy has them with no MIR needed.. Its already applied.. But Wirefly is the best place to upgrade .. I have been using them for the last couple of years without any problem..
    Vzw Customer
    Droid X In hand ( Returned)
    BB 9650 ( Sold)
    Sprint Epic4g
    9810 Torch AT&T
  12. harrr0's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    When I first opened my contract, they offered the 199.99 after mail in rebate thing. But the dealer I went through gave me an instant discount and wrote the rebate to themselves.
  13. suryo88's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask me
    #13  

    Default

    try this site, they offer a lot cheaper price than AT&T or T-Mobile store.
    bold 9700 is free if you sign up 2 yrs contract

    Cell Phones for free with Cell Phone Plans from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    Sprint
    Bold 9930
  14. KingD67's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheiscurvey View Post
    Perhaps my math is incorrect but isnt 199.99 + 199.99= 399.98?

    So why 600.00?

    Also, when I purchased my 9700 I brought a Best Buy ad in to the ATT store showing they were selling it for 99.99 w/ instant rebate and I ended up paying 107.00 with tax out the door. And the guy even filled out the rebate form for me anyway! I sent it away and got my 100.00 card thingy. So really, I paid like 7 bucks. Ive learned that they will work with you on price in store
    Hey folks, Yeah they are currently 299.00 out of pocket, then you get a 100.00 mail-in rebate....so it would be 600 out of pocket. I looked on the wirefly website as I had used them once years ago before I switched to blackberry (had purchased a couple of crappy razor's......eye twiches, seizures start...ahhhh)....sorry but I was flashing back for a minute..LOL If I could have gotten them for 99 each I would have bought two of them today. I might end up using Wirefly, I will let you all know.
  15. HUTCH66's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    985 Posts
    Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058
    #15  

    Default

    Go to Best Buy and pick up the Bold 9700 for $89.99 w/no upgrade fee. You don't have to wait for any rebates and you leave w/the BEST BB offered. I switched from VZW bcz their upgrade policy was terrible as well and went to Best Buy on a chance that they could do better. Within 1 hour I switched out of my 8330 Curve and into the 9700 Bold. Best move I could have made and have been happy as a clam since!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. Artemis68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,195 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Yuck, I hate MIR. I wish the rebates were instant. It would save on postage and would be a lot less hassle.

    I got my Bold for $129 from T-Mobile...no MIR needed. I would definitely go to Best Buy, as the person above me suggested, if you want to get the BEST price. I would avoid Wal-Mart though.
    "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can ever warm me, I know that is poetry." -Emily Dickinson
  17. xgm541's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    PIN
    20DF28B9
    #17  

    Default

    I dont mean to flame, but i do wish to influence the change in your decision. Each of these phones usually costs at&t a bit less than they sell it for on the non contract price. They do this thing called subsidizing so that you dont have to dish out $500-600 on this device. $600 for two of these is not at all that expensive, and remember you get $200 back lowering the cost for two 9700's less than it costs at&t for one.

    My point is, if you plan to use your BB for business, $200 per phone is not a huge business expense for what you get in return. Even for personal use, you've got to be kidding if you think $200 is expensive for the BEST blackberry.

    Save some money and go get the 9700.
    http://blackberryproject.com

    Blackberry wallpaper gallery for all models.
  18. mogallo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    16 Posts
    PIN
    I have no friends.....
    #18  

    Default

    Who said you need to get your wife a phone too? She best be makin some good samwichez.....

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. pilsbury's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,185 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    PIN
    iMessenger
    #19  

    Default

    But, the great pricing also comes with a hitch. Some 3rd party sellers implement their own early termination fee, as well as the carrier's ETF-just something to consider.
    iPhone 4S Jailbroken
    iPad 3rd Generation Jailbroken
    Apple TV
  20. sonar_chris's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    PIN
    21B1777C
    #20  

    Default

    The last time I read Wirefly's terms of use, you had to have your service active for 181 days after the contract is signed or you owed them $200 a line on top of the service providers ETM. Not a big deal if you plan on staying with your provider though. As for getting an 9700, why don't you get one and give the Curve you have now to your wife until you can afford the 2nd 9700 for her. You can also probably sell your old pear for 50 or 75 bucks to supplement the cost as well. Just a thought.
  21. bluz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,193 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingD67 View Post
    Well my wife and I have an upgrade coming up soon (2 yr contract is ending), but I don't think we will be taking advantage of it anytime soon. I was at an AT&T store earlier and the Bold 9000 and 9700 are both 199.99 after a 100.00 mail-in rebate. That means I would have to drop 600.00 bucks for two phones and then wait until they decided to send me back my rebate. Well needless to say I just can't drop that kind of cash on two new phones right now, and it really sucks. I really wish that the prices weren't so crazy high. So I guess I will just keep on keepin on with my Curve 8310 and my wife will just have to make due with her Pearl 8100 (and she really wants another phone, with a bigger screen and full keyboard). Maybe I can find her a Curve on the cheap for awhile, and just switch out her sim card.
    I guess it's a lot of money. but you would be surprised to know the 9700 costs a whopping $700 in my country and mind it there's no rebate nothing.
  22. ebedoun's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    836 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    pm me
    #22  

    Default

    Wife and I were not up for upgrades. We both had the Bold 9000. The at&t stores were selling the 9700 no commitment for 349.99

    Bought My 9700, sold my 9000 on craigslist the very next day for 225. Then bought her 9700 and sold her 9000 on craigslist 2 days later for 225. Best part is we paid nothing for our 9000's, they were warranty upgrades we got for free windows mobile phones we got through at&t's premier site.

    And to top it all off, I mailed in the rebates and got $200 back. So after selling our free 9000's and the rebates, the 9700's were $25 each. It would have been silly NOT to upgrade. No contract extension is a plus also.
  23. ccw9mm's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    78 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
    I dont mean to flame, but i do wish to influence the change in your decision. Each of these phones usually costs at&t a bit less than they sell it for on the non contract price. They do this thing called subsidizing so that you dont have to dish out $500-600 on this device. $600 for two of these is not at all that expensive, and remember you get $200 back lowering the cost for two 9700's less than it costs at&t for one.

    My point is, if you plan to use your BB for business, $200 per phone is not a huge business expense for what you get in return. Even for personal use, you've got to be kidding if you think $200 is expensive for the BEST blackberry.

    Save some money and go get the 9700.

    I went to Wirefly,
    and I did not get to sad about poor at&t's bottom line.


    I dont think they have any plans for losing money.
    I am sure they more than make up for the cost of the phone with all the add-on services.
  24. xberzerkx's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Just go to Best Buy and get the 9700.
    No MIR and you get to walk out with the phone.
  25. poochy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I bought my 9700 at bestbuy and it was only 107$ but before that I was looking at a site called letstalk.com they have the 9700 for free with waived activation. I someone that went through there to get his phone and he had no problems. I just didn't want to wait. But yea try letstalk.com they have good prices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions