Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Free PDF Reader for large PDFs on 9700?

I need a cheap or ideally free PDF reader, to read documents on my Blackberry Bold 9700’s memory card. My largest PDFs are around 600Mb, so it needs to be capable of opening such large files. I have no need to create PDFs. Can anyone recommend a good one?

I’m currently using a free trial of an app called BeamReader that seems to work well, but I’m used to PDF reading software being completely free on the web and having to pay £10 for a PDF reader seems like daylight robbery.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    21572cf4

You have to pay Im afraid Its very likely that any phone would choke opening a 600mb pdf anyway. I tried to open the Kindle app after I had slideloaded 700 books and it choked utterly, after 2 hours its was still spinning away trying to open the book list. If i could find such a large pdf on my pdf app.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I begrudge having to pay anything but £10 is ridiculous for something basic like a pdf reader, which I'd expect should have come with a Blackberry to start with. I've never paid for an app before but my friend mentioned he only had to pay £2 for the alternate pdf reader he uses on his Androids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandar View Post
    Its very likely that any phone would choke opening a 600mb pdf anyway
    Actually my 9700 currently has a 537Mb pdf open via the free trial of the 'BeamReader' app and it works fine.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by GlynG View Post
    I begrudge having to pay anything but £10 is ridiculous for something basic like a pdf reader, which I'd expect should have come with a Blackberry to start with. I've never paid for an app before but my friend mentioned he only had to pay £2 for the alternate pdf reader he uses on his Androids.

Actually my 9700 currently has a 537Mb pdf open via the free trial of the 'BeamReader' app and it works fine.
    You could try sideloading DocsToGo from OS 7.0 by just installing it on your computer and loading those cod files to your 9700 via BBSAK. Just suggesting, likely it won't work at all, but if it does, you are in luck!

PS. Load PDF to go.
    CrackBerry User

There isn't a free PDF reader, to be honest, i wish i didnt pay 10 for the app which was NOT worth it! the reading is OKAY only if you dont mind the small screen...etc BUT when they upgrade their app they require me to PAY again! and i'm like WTF
    CrackBerry Newbie

I need a free beam reader pls
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Ugiagbe View Post
    I need a free beam reader pls
    Sorry, nobody is going to rip off the developers and provide a non-free application, for free.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)