Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default FB notification not going away

Hey all,

I just got the Bold 9700 and I downloaded my apps including fb.
    I opened up fb and the notification bar told me I had 22 fb notifications.
    I've gone through everything on my fb through my computer, deleted and marked things read.
    I have rebooted the phone, battery pulls, and just tried deleting the app and re-installing it but they still sit there.

I can't figure it out and when I actually DO get a new notification it notifies me and adds up to 23 notifications, I check that and I'm back to 22.

The only notification I have that I can see is the Welcome to FB for Blackberry one that I have opened.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated! Thank you!

Global Posts
    11,433 Global Posts
    PIN
    changes way too often

did you log out of the app after a battery pull? I have not experienced this at all. Log out, battery pull for 20 seconds, boot it up, log back in. What OS are you running?

Community Rules & Guidelines | Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    Passport PIN: 2BDD6F5F | Note 3 PIN: 7F4337AD

CrackBerry Abuser

I've had this myself in the past.

Firstly viewing the notification on Facebook (On PC) doesn't clear the notification on the BlackBerry itself, at least it doesn't for me.

Once when I had your issue, I solved it by doing this:

1. Go into Messages icon
    2. You should see the FB notifications there, view them or delete them to remove them.

Failing that, make sure you have the latest version of FB available, and failing that delete it from your BB and reload it.
    Current 9700 OS: v6.0.0.534 Official
    If my post was helpful, please say thanks ↓
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you both for the suggestions!
    It still wasn't working for me but I figured out that for some reason the mobile fb had all of my PM messages, including the ones I never opened.
    On my computer I had deleted everything but maybe 10 messages.
    It might be something like messages are archived and for some reason the mobile versioned opened them all up. I had to scroll through pages and pages but deleted all of them again and now I have no notifications!

If anyone else has this notification problem it could be something as silly as this
    Thanks guys!
    I'm running 5.0.0.344
    CrackBerry Abuser

For future reference, if you have a notification icon stuck on your screen but that isn't viewable from your messages/notifications, go into the FB app, go to notifications, highlight the most recent date with your trackpad and hit Menu > Mark Prior Read/Opened. Works every time.

(I've done this for both boyfriend and myself when synching brings up an old miss notification. It really does work, no matter how old or hidden.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

@Szotz

Unfortunately none of the above mentioned ways have helped me. Still have that annoying icon with 5 unread messages. Battery pull doesn't cure the issue also. I'm just waiting for another version of FB app. Guess it's the only way to finally get rid of the icon.

I'm running 5.0.0.593.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by antikorr View Post
    @Szotz

Unfortunately none of the above mentioned ways have helped me. Still have that annoying icon with 5 unread messages. Battery pull doesn't cure the issue also. I'm just waiting for another version of FB app. Guess it's the only way to finally get rid of the icon.

I'm running 5.0.0.593.
    Have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Battery pull doesn't clear notifications
    Current 9700 OS: v6.0.0.534 Official
    If my post was helpful, please say thanks ↓
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well, darnit. It's worked for me and anyone else whose phone I happened to steal to stop their whining about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

I know what the problem is.

Go to your recent messages, (Messages not notifications)

you have to find the Message that caused it, it happens when more than one messages is sent to you at once and you read only the first message.

go through your messages one by one.
    After clicking it, Wait until it stops loading the previous messages.
    eventually you will find it.
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    Thanked by:
    antikorr (05-02-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

@Deathcommand

Thanks a bunch mate! That totally resolved my issue! There were some lurking messages, that I haven't noticed (even though I was sure I had noticed them!). After browsing through all my messages one after another I've found those unread and - voila! - annoying reminders on the main screen are gone! Hurray!

Thanks a lot once again!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default FB Notification on BB

You can try this method which is very simple:
    1- First go to FB Application
    2- Click on the second bottom on the top right hand it should have an icon of two people, a letter, and earth.
    3- clear all requests, messages, etc.

You should be clear!