Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I am having the same problem as well. It all started once I downloaded the Amazon MP3 app. Now every app I download or update gives me this error. I am guessing no one has figured this out, so how abouts do I back up EVERYTHING on my phone? Any help would be very nice!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    26,754 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imdebbas View Post
    I am having the same problem as well. It all started once I downloaded the Amazon MP3 app. Now every app I download or update gives me this error. I am guessing no one has figured this out, so how abouts do I back up EVERYTHING on my phone? Any help would be very nice!

Have you tried deleting the Amazon mp3 app?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Have you tried deleting the Amazon mp3 app?
    Yes, deleted the MP3 app as well as many others just in case it was one of those. Now any app that updates has the same problem as well. RIM really needs to address this and quick

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Someone asked for apps this is happening with. I just had it happen with DropBox. Dictionary.com did it for a while, but that seems fixed now. Also Boston University Game Tracker Mobile creates the error. I noticed with Dropbox that many users are complaining since the update. I hesitate to reload my OS when it's not just an isolated problem. I downloaded NetWorkSpeed last night and it worked fine, so this is an inconsistent problem with certain Apps.
    John in North Carolina
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

This is happening to me too and it's very frustrating since it seems like most new apps I download from the app store don't work, never open and I get that error everyone is talking about there. Some just to name a few that I really want to work on my Torch OS6 is Urbanspoon, Foodnetwork, Toronto Maple Leafs, and there are others where I just deleted right away. RIM needs to fix this ASAP!
    JonManu likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrutledge View Post
    I'm seeing the same issue. I had the issue with 2 applications on 6.0.0.246. I then upgraded to 284 and it was much worse (added about 4 more apps that didn't work). I did a full device wipe and it didn't help.
    I got this with a few apps. Did an OS re-install and some of the problem apps worked; but lots of previously other working apps gave the error. I did a wipe and install then manually reinstalled all my apps. I restored a backup of the contacts/messages but not the blackberry prefs. Everything is working now and it was worth the effort; just hope it doesn't come back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23003E12

Default VerifyError on Torch apps

I started getting this error a couple weeks ago. I got this error when I tried installing the CIBC Home Advisor program on App World. Then, it surfaced with the eBay app. Today, I upgraded the Globe and Mail app and now it no longer works, instead giving me the VerifyError (wish I didn't update, now!). I am using the Torch, OS 246 (stock) on Rogers network. I really don't want to do a wipe and reinstall everything. There must be some common link that has caused this error to surface ... whether it be an intalled program or something. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Genius

I haven't actually downloaded apps in a few weeks, but decided to try a couple and did a free game in Snake and one that is common in an error in dropbox and had a few updates for other apps and all DL'd and updated successfully.

Running OS6 .424 here. Actually have had over 40 apps on Bold at once those few weeks ago and deleted a bunch of them and never had an errors on any of them..all been downloaded on various os6 leaks...

Strange how different everyone's phones are and react to leaks or heck even official OS's...I would think it would be more an OS thing not responding to apps...hence other OS's do when changing out.

Thank god I haven't ran into this issue...knowing my luck now, lol!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    8675309 wait for the tuotone ;o)

I wonder if this problem isn't the result of applications not deleting properly from the Blackberry. When I think about it, the times these errors crop up is after I do deletions of a few programs at once, or get rid of a particularly problematic app.
    Coffee for the Masses! ~D)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  

Quote Originally Posted by coffee-turtle View Post
    I wonder if this problem isn't the result of applications not deleting properly from the Blackberry. When I think about it, the times these errors crop up is after I do deletions of a few programs at once, or get rid of a particularly problematic app.

You know....I really think this is the most logical explanation. I started thinking that myself, b/c as you said, I too experience this only after deleting a bunch of apps. Since I usually delete more than one at a time, its hard to narrow down which app causes the problem each time. And, when I delete more than one app, I usually decline the prompt that asks if I want to "restart"- I wonder if this has anything to do with it? Hmm...I'm talkn myself right into a theory here...maybe, declining/saying no to the restart prompt is the problem...when u ask the bberry to delete something, it grabs all the files for the app. Then, you tell it to hold on while u delete more apps and it grabs more files...hmmm...thoughts anyone?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM If You Want It

First encountered with LinkedIn a few days ago when I installed that. I assumed that since it wasn't through App World and the supported phones weren't explicitly listed, that my 9780 with OS6 wasn't supported. But then today I got the same error with Kobo, downloaded through App World. I also tried to go through App World -> My World -> Kobo -> Run, it just shows the activity indicator for a second and then does nothing. Combined with what I'm reading here, like that I have some apps working that others have said don't work, it is clearly an OS problem.

I'm also getting freeze-up in App World, especially when I try to exit, and they started about the same time. They seem to last as much as 5 minutes so far.

So the problem is finding the module. I don't know my way around the OS at all, but I'm guessing that it happens either because of something like too many apps, or too many deletions as suggested, and that it is screwing up however the OS sorts the apps. To others with the problem, how many apps do you have installed right now? I think I'm somewhere in the 60's total, with about 50 being through App World.
    BlackBerry Z10 LE, PlayBook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Same problem here (BlackBerry Torch, .337)
    Interestingly, some of the aforementioned apps are loading, some are not. For instance, no problem found with the Dropbox. However, FourSquare and S4BB's Memory Boost are not loading, either do not several others. In addition, over these last couple days I have been getting terrible memory leaks (LinkedIn and several other "hungry" apps uninstalled). Honestly, I have been thinking of wiping the device in the last couple days. The only thing that has been stopping me from doing so was the fact that it's quite a time consuming procedure. Yes, RIM has definitely to address this issue ASAP.
    This too shall pass
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mesospunky View Post
    You know....I really think this is the most logical explanation. I started thinking that myself, b/c as you said, I too experience this only after deleting a bunch of apps. Since I usually delete more than one at a time, its hard to narrow down which app causes the problem each time. And, when I delete more than one app, I usually decline the prompt that asks if I want to "restart"- I wonder if this has anything to do with it? Hmm...I'm talkn myself right into a theory here...maybe, declining/saying no to the restart prompt is the problem...when u ask the bberry to delete something, it grabs all the files for the app. Then, you tell it to hold on while u delete more apps and it grabs more files...hmmm...thoughts anyone?

I agree with this -- the problem started occurring for me after I had gone on a rash of deleting unused apps, and I would often try to delete two or three before rebooting (since the Torch does take an awful long time to boot up). After the problem first popped up, I think every app I updated to a new version in App World would then give the error loading module. I just fixed it today by doing a device software update (to the same version) in Desktop Manager (newest version). It's an inconvenience, but it doesn't take long to get through all of the setups and permissions and then you have a snappy new OS install with apps that will run again!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem. I did a wipe and still have error. The apps I have problem with are starbucks and twitter. Any assistance would be helpful.

CrackBerry User

Default How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows

I have had the same issue with apps. i have done the normal battery pull, re-install app, delete OS and re-install and i have still run into the same issue. i looked around and have found a pretty decent "How-To" that may help. please follow ALL directions specifically.

"How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows"
    Warning: The following procedures could delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data from both built-in media storage and your media card prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see your product documentation or see article KB12487.

To perform a clean installation of the BlackBerry Device Software, select the installed version of BlackBerry Desktop Software for appropriate instructions.

BlackBerry Article ID: KB11320

http://t.co/z37YC9f (tinyURL)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/micro...00%20297721214 (Direct URL)

thanks,
    Jordan
    --
    @jordanvalliere / Twitter
    Thanked by:
    djrobinn (06-13-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Hi folks...

I'm having the same issue on my Rogers Torch 6.0.0.448...

has someone opened a ticket with RIM since just saying "RIM needs to fix this and quick" won't really get their attention...

Let me know if anyone has so that in case nobody has, I can, and refer them to this thread...

Hopefully we can have this addressed soon.

In my case, all my already installed apps are working, I can download anything new and get the exact same message with just the app name switched in the error message: Error starting <app>: Error loading module 'app' VerifyError.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM If You Want It

I haven't opened a ticket. Don't think I even looked to see if anybody else has.
    BlackBerry Z10 LE, PlayBook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapsball4 View Post
    I haven't opened a ticket. Don't think I even looked to see if anybody else has.
    Ok... I will and report back on this thread...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jwalk1980 View Post
    I have had the same issue with apps. i have done the normal battery pull, re-install app, delete OS and re-install and i have still run into the same issue. i looked around and have found a pretty decent "How-To" that may help. please follow ALL directions specifically.

"How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows"
    Warning: The following procedures could delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data from both built-in media storage and your media card prior to performing the procedure. For instructions, see your product documentation or see article KB12487.

To perform a clean installation of the BlackBerry Device Software, select the installed version of BlackBerry Desktop Software for appropriate instructions.

BlackBerry Article ID: KB11320

KB11320-How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows (tinyURL)

KB11320-How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows (Direct URL)

thanks,
    Jordan
    Thanks man... your solution totally worked for me!!

All apps got reinstalled automagically but lost some settings... no biggie!

I had *thought* it would be a pain in the behind to do it but it wasn't so bad... just don't do it if you're expecting any calls...

Cheers!

Canucks suck tonite boy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ouch!

Default Official bug report

I'm going to post this to contribute to the collective knowledge of the CrackBerry forums. There is an official bug report at RIM's JIRA bug database that covers this issue. I've included the URL below, but I am also including some comments from the RIM representative for those of you who do not have a developer's account.

From https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-903

Description:

The application will successfully download. When trying to load the application, the user is presented with an error "Error starting myApp: Error loading module 'myApp' VerifyError." We have managed to run the application successfully on some devices but not others.

(...)

twindsor added a comment - 04/Nov/10 04:15 PM
    The issue is due to the number of classes that implement the Persistable Interface.

There is an internal registry of these classes with a fixed size and when enough classes have been registered to overflow the list, this verify error occurs. That's why it is intermittent and worse with more applications installed. It will depend heavily on the actual applications installed on the device.

(...)

twindsor added a comment - 05/Nov/10 09:34 AM
    The registry is supposed to be cleaned, but it's possible there is a bug in that logic.

The registry is 64KB and is 62% full on a fresh install, so there's a big problem there that we're going to look into solutions for.

I don't know the size of an entry though, or if they are consistent, so it's hard to say exactly how many Persistable classes can be added before the problem occurs.

(...)

twindsor added a comment - 13/May/11 10:56 AM
    A fix will not be available for older devices. I have confirmed that the table does not delete entries and will therefore accumulate items until it is full. The only solution is an OS reinstall.

A fix is going into BlackBerry OS 7 which will clean old entries and expand the size of the table among other fixes
    CrackBerry Newbie

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION:
    I have been having a problem on my Torch 9800 for a long time with this. I happened for EVERY app installed whether it be Blackberry native or not. I have just found the solution for my Torch - I downgraded from OS 6.0.0.600 to 6.0.0.246 and now it all works wonderfully!!!

I found my OS software for 6.0.0.246 at RROYY - OPERATOR PAGES
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xDAKx View Post
    I've never heard of this before (and I've heard most everything before!) so I'm guessing this has something to do with how applications are signed for deployment to 6.0, possibly breaking reverse compatibility with OS 4.6/5.0? I'm lead to believe this because of the "Verify error" part of the message.

Is there anyone out there who could possibly toss the name of a few applications which are showing this problem, so that some of us could test them with our devices and see if this issue is wide-spread?
    i have the same problem with few application, new and upgrades....Vingo, reQall, Membo and others gets "Error loading module '<application>' VeryfyError' . On Facebook, loads, finish with the installation but on main or downloads menus does not show the icon On Vingo shown icon but doesn't run
    I have a 9780 running v6.0.0.448
    As probably you can tell, Im not to happy .....hope you can help
    CrackBerry Newbie

How can I downgrade from 6.0.0.445 to v6.0.0.246? , please help
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

I've had this happen a number of times too. The only solution I've found is to wipe and reload my entire BB, which is a pain. No other solutions yet?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mesospunky View Post
    Could someone please help me? I downloaded an app and when I went to open it for the first time I got the following msg:

Error starting <application name>: Error loading module '<application name>' Verify error.

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it? Oddly enough, I am able to download apps I've previously deleted/uninstalled. I can also download "some" new apps but not others (it seems the error discriminates as to which apps it will not let me get). Now, whenevr I download an app, it either opens or I get this msg. Someone please help; totally frustrated and I can't find any helpful answers online for laymen. Thanks so much in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12