Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Dropped bb, media card not detected!

Hey folks, I dropped my phone the other day and since then, my media card, and subsequently my custom ringtones, pictures, videos yadda yadda yadda, aren't being detected when I search for files on my phone. The same thing happens when it's connected to my computer and I'm trying to sync files onto it. The error messages that I'm given say that I have to "insert media card and ensure that mass media storage is active/enabled". (Card is inserted and mass storage is enabled.) I've tried with another card as well and still the same issue. I've taken out the battery, media card and sim card and still nothing. There is no way to format it on the phone because it isn't being detected so I'm kind of at a loss. Sad face! The media card itself is still readable when I put it into my computer and open the files that way.

Has anyone had this issue before that is able to help me with any advice? Or am I basically outta luck and may need a repair job? Thanks in advance!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

If it happened from a drop and you tried different cards, It seems like it is a hardware fault.

Look up disassesmbly videos and see if it is a detatchable part. Then try to buy the part.
    (I can't because I am eating out right now.)

If not, see if you can see if you are still in the one year manufacturers warranty period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcommand View Post
    If it happened from a drop and you tried different cards, It seems like it is a hardware fault.

Look up disassesmbly videos and see if it is a detatchable part. Then try to buy the part.
    (I can't because I am eating out right now.)

If not, see if you can see if you are still in the one year manufacturers warranty period.

The media card reader is a detachable part (through a ribbon cable) and it could come off if dropped hard enough.

I agree on the warranty idea. if it isn't, a 9700 is not hard to disassemble and the ribbon cable is right at the top of the phone.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts

Manufacturer's warranty would not cover physical damage. If you have insurance, you could file a claim and get a refurbished device after paying your deductible.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Manufacturer's warranty would not cover physical damage. If you have insurance, you could file a claim and get a refurbished device after paying your deductible.

But if there is no physical damage they will not know....
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview

We don't BEND, WE BLEND #TeamBlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    But if there is no physical damage they will not know....
    Don't tell you dropped it.

Hope you don't have any water damage.