Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Doesn't want to stay on 3G!!!

I would have my 3G then it would just switch to EDGE out of nowhere. Even a battery pull doesn't fix this issue. I usually don't have any problems because it always stays on 3G.

I upgraded to .423 this morning, but this was happening to me before u upgraded.

Anyone have this issue? Right now on my WIFI and I never use my WIFI at home since I got this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,512 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

I leave mine connected with wi-fi on 24/7 never turn it off...

as far as hopping off of 3g there just may be issues in your area
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
    CrackBerry Geek

Global Posts
    33,406 Global Posts

It sounds like you are not getting a good 3G signal in your area.

You would probably be better off keeping Wi-Fi on if you have a Wi-Fi connection. Using the Wi-Fi will be fast, and you will save battery life. When the phone constantly searches for a 3G signal when it is not available and switches back and forth from 3G to EDGE, your battery will drain really fast.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

It happens from time to time. If it loses 3G and stays on EDGE for over 10-20 minutes, the I would contact your carrier and make sure there are no issues in your area. But usually(90%) it's just bad reception and happens from time to time.