05-21-10 07:21 PM
- I bought a Bold about 25 days back and it has a few issues so far, but this one worries me.
I have a lot of info on my media card, and now it says the card has errors and wants me to format. It doesn't matter if I sick the micro SD into an adapter or try to connect my 9700 through a USB, how can I retrieve all my data, and than format? It is a 16GB Kingston HC media card.
How do I avoid the format and retrieve my data?
Appreciate your help. I did not experience this issue until a few days back and I tried the battery pull mechanism, which only reset the phone.
Appreciate any insight!!01-24-10 08:48 PM
- It doesn't matter if I sick the micro SD into an adapter or try to connect my 9700 through a USB.
The files on my media card will not be read and the only option it is giving me is to format. Is there a method of formatting which fixes the errors but doesn't delete your data?01-24-10 09:08 PM
- If it's any consolation, I am in the same boat and looking for a solution.
My Bold was running fine until I click/dragged a video from the 'video' folder on my Bold to my desktop. Ever since then it asks me to format my mem card every time I plug in charger.
Also, it won't allow me to save or retrieve anything from the card. Insists on saving photos to system. So it's obviously been corrupted by a simple drag and drop from the card.
On top of that, I said, screw it, I'll just reformat - it won't let me reformat! Either through Bold or Windows or Blackberry user interface for PC.
The Bold needs a patch.
Any ideas in the interim anyone?02-01-10 06:39 PM
- maybe you can put the card in a card reader and insert it into your computer and run a disk check on the card? or you could actually just connect the blackberry to your computer with the usb cable and then using windows explorer right click on the card and click check disk. I've did both before and each time it fixed the errors on my card without having to format it...02-02-10 07:58 AM
How long does this process usually take because I have been waiting about 5 minutes and the phone is acting very sluggish as if its running a background app, there is also no visible memory card, I assume it is doing some sort of formatting?
Anyone remember the first time inserting a new 16 GB memory card?
Edit: Problem Solved, When I formatted the new card on my PC I had placed all the original blackberry folders onto the card from my PC then inserted it into the Blackberry. It didn't like that. So just took out the card, reformatted it from PC, Fat32 8 kb allocation size, then inserted it blank into the Blackberry. Blackberry will then create all the default folders automatically allowing you to add the folders back in later.
Last edited by oilytrader; 02-02-10 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Solved02-02-10 09:30 AM
- After upgrading to a 4g (from a 2g) & using it for month or more I woke up today to find "A media card has been inserted that contains errors.To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer."
After checking this site,I went to work>>>
I created a folder on my desktop,dragged all my media folders over from my open media card folder ,formatted my card via the scroll down menu option(which was pretty quick),then dragged my media folders back over into my now clean media card folder (this made even easiler & very nice since they're all in one folder),placed the card back into my phone & everything works fine.
Thanks to everyone in this forum.05-21-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD